Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSA: A bunch of LEB hosts deadpooling ArkaHosting, SupremeVPS, UMaxHosting, Hosting73, HostBRZ, Ku - Page 16
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PSA: A bunch of LEB hosts deadpooling ArkaHosting, SupremeVPS, UMaxHosting, Hosting73, HostBRZ, Ku

Comments

• @pepa65 said:

poisson said: Check my whitelist for hosts that are unlikely to deadpool. Newly updated.

Hostmantis any good??

HostMantis screwed customers after they reneged on the "yearly recurring" prices they had offered for signup on their shared hosting (increasing prices they asked by 275%).

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • @FAT32 said:
    Do you guys see the irony of exposing a company on a forum owned by the same company?

s/irony/karma/

Thanked by 2pepa65 uptime
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited December 2019

@donli said:

@pepa65 said:

poisson said: Check my whitelist for hosts that are unlikely to deadpool. Newly updated.

Hostmantis any good??

HostMantis screwed customers after they reneged on the "yearly recurring" prices they had offered for signup on their shared hosting (increasing prices they asked by 275%).

SmallWeb is the way to go!

Thanked by 3pepa65 vyas11 poisson
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Where is Bigweb?

• We are not wondering about this...!

But the main thing LEB / LET has classified us as dubious & rejected our offers in the past...:-) ..Where we have been in the business for over 10 years ...

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @jbiloh - You can choose the direction your company takes. It would be easy to keep allowing scam artists and fly by night operators on LEB and in your datacentres. You'll make money in the short term. Long term, the Colocrossing name will be mud. Your name will be mud. Your company won't survive.

Or... You can chose to change yourself, your company and your company's culture. The busineses who are proactively customer first will thrive. Those who continue to operate by deceiving or trying to milk customers will die.

• thedp said: SmallWeb is the way to go!

Looks appealing and different, and UK based, which is good. The storage on their plans is tiny compared to what I'm used to (but enough for most kinds of web hosting), and a reseller plan also more expensive than I've had so far. I couldn't get info on their VPSs. It seems they haven't been around very long..?
    @thedp What makes you say they are the way to go?

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@sambling said:
    @jbiloh - You can choose the direction your company takes. It would be easy to keep allowing scam artists and fly by night operators on LEB and in your datacentres. You'll make money in the short term. Long term, the Colocrossing name will be mud. Your name will be mud. Your company won't survive.

Or... You can chose to change yourself, your company and your company's culture. The busineses who are proactively customer first will thrive. Those who continue to operate by deceiving or trying to milk customers will die.

Unfortunately, they just don't care, we've asked for things to be fixed, they don't do it. We've asked for LEB to be removed they don't want to. Heck, I've deleted them, banned them and moved them. For them to just be moved back or restored. Once someone has gotten that bug that's all they care about.

Just simple, don't buy from CC or their brands. Oh and don't even visit LEB, if you don't visit it can't be their cash cow anymore.

Thanked by 1pepa65

@pepa65 if you are ever looking for UK Shared Hosting we also offer it, with our own hardware in Nottingham.

• Here's the updated list of all providers listed on LEB in the past 4 months. Deadpooled ones have been crossed out.

Hyper Expert (NON-CC)
    SteadyVPS (CC-BASED)
    HudsonValleyHost (MAIN BRAND BY CC)
    FlipperHost (NON-CC)
    StockServers (NON-CC)
    VirMach (STABLE BRAND)
    ChicagoVPS (MAIN BRAND BY CC)
    CheapWindowsVPS (CC-BASED)
    RackNerd (NON-CC)
    UK1Host (NON-CC)
    HostNamaste (CC-BASED)
    SolvedByData
    WelcomeHosting
    ServerStrong
    SupremeVPS
    PDQServer (CC-BASED)
    StrongHosting
    ArkaHosting
    WindowsVPS.host (CC-BASED)
    VPSFortune
    DCNHost
    LQHosting
    Hosting73
    MyHostingSRV
    SnowVPS
    SuperbVPS
    N3servers
    HostedSimply
    SparkVPS
    TCNHosting
    UMaxHosting
    HostBRZ
    KudoHosting
    MegaZoneHosting
    x4servers
    Bigfoot Servers
    Upbeat Hosting
    SolvedByData
    WelcomeHosting
    ServerStrong
    SupremeVPS
    KayHosting
    StrongHosting
    ArkaHosting
    WindowsVPS.host (CC-BASED)
    DCNHost
    VPSFortune
    LQHosting
    Hosting73
    MyHostingSrv
    SuperbVPS
    SnowVPS
    N3servers
    ChicagoVPS (MAIN BRAND BY CC)
    HostedSimply
    SparkVPS
    TCNHosting
    UMaxHosting
    HostBRZ
    HudsonVallyHost (MAIN BRAND BY CC)
    KudoHosting
    MegaZoneHosting
    x4servers
    Bigfoot Servers
    Upbeat Hosting
    SolvedByData
    81VPS (NON-CC)
    WelcomeHosting
    ServerStrong
    SupremeVPS
    KayHosting
    ProfitServer (NON-CC)
    StrongHosting
    ArkaHosting
    HostMem (NON-CC)
    DCNHost
    LosAngelesVPS (NON-CC)
    LQHosting
    Hosting73
    IndoVirtue (NON-CC)
    VPSFortune
    MyHostingSRV
    SuperbVPS
    DignusData (NON-CC)
    SnowVPS
    N3servers
    VPSLOT (NON-CC)
    HostedSimply
    HostFlyte (CC-BASED)
    SparkVPS
    TCNHosting
    HostNamaste (CC-BASED)
    UMaxHosting
    HostBRZ
    SonicFast (NON-CC)
    KudoHosting
    MegaZoneHosting
    Pink Networks (NON-CC)
    x4servers
    Bigfoot Servers
    StockServers (NON-CC)
    Upbeat Hosting
    SolvedByData
    WelcomeHosting
    Skyxtech (NON-CC)
    StrongHosting
    SupremeVPS
    KayHosting
    TeraDelta (NON-CC)
    ServerStrong
    ArkaHosting
    MyW (NON-CC)
    DCNHost
    LQHosting
    Crucial (NON-CC)
    Hosting73

Here's the list colorized. Deadpooled hosts in red, CC-based ones in orange, non-CC ones in green. Black friday has been made grey.

edited December 2019

Steadyvps.com seems to be hosted with Heymman. Also it has an address listed in Slovenia: Parmova ulica 63, Ljubljana 1000 Slovenia

Are they trying to get away from their CC base now?

• Jord said: UK Shared Hosting we also offer it, with our own hardware

Is storage so expensive in the UK, or do you just have an enormous amount of accounts on one server?? :wink:

edited December 2019

@pepa65 said:

Jord said: UK Shared Hosting we also offer it, with our own hardware

Is storage so expensive in the UK, or do you just have an enormous amount of accounts on one server?? :wink:

Everything is expensive in the UK :joy: but no we don't oversell our servers.

Thanked by 1pepa65
    edited December 2019

Everything is expensive in Western Europe and in Canada due to us having Canadian rubles.

When I buy 40 quid worth of shit online from UK, it becomes 100 CAD here.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • deank said: Everything is expensive in Western Europe and in Canada

It used to be a bit different, 10-20 years ago...

• NickNick Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2019

I was advised to forward this along:

ColoCrossing learned over the weekend that a former client notified his customers that he was shutting down their service today, Monday, December 9. ColoCrossing had provided dedicated servers which were used to host this client’s content, and the content of this client’s customers. To help customers impacted by this former client, ColoCrossing is keeping the servers active for the next ten days so impacted sites can move their data to other providers. We will provide more information as it is available.

@pepa65 said:

deank said: Everything is expensive in Western Europe and in Canada

It used to be a bit different, 10-20 years ago...

Ha tell me about it, I can't even by a Freddo for 10p anymore :joy:

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Nick said: ColoCrossing learned over the weekend

When did you learn that the same guy owned everything? When did CC make the decision to allow this to continue without being disclosed?

Come on boss, don't try to play everyone.

Francisco

• @Nick said:
    ColoCrossing learned over the weekend that a former client notified his customers that he was shutting down their service today, Monday, December 9. ColoCrossing had provided dedicated servers which were used to host this client’s content, and the content of this client’s customers. To help customers impacted by this former client, ColoCrossing is keeping the servers active for the next ten days so impacted sites can move their data to other providers. We will provide more information as it is available.

Maybe you should take the chance now to focus again on serious offers with LEB and LET and not 1 Day VPS Provider.

Damage control mode, I see. Typical.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Actually, someone just pointed out to me in PM that Nick said Client, meaning they knew from the start it was the same single customer.

Francisco

Thanked by 3pepa65 kkrajk sambling
  • @Francisco said:
    Actually, someone just pointed out to me in PM that Nick said Client, meaning they knew from the start it was the same single customer.

Francisco

Awwww... but they did not know what the client was doing.... they just rented the servers man

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @tgl said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Awwww... but they did not know what the client was doing.... they just rented the servers man

That's why they posted the offers on LEB. 84 offers for the same client in 100 days.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@teamacc said:

@tgl said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

That's why they posted the offers on LEB. 84 offers for the same client in 100 days.

25 brands, assume 3-4 servers each on the low end. That's 2-3 racks of rented gear. Don't want to lose that size customer so it's best to give them a hand with marketing, obviously.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Hah! Guess we now have the holster. Smoking gun next.

Thanked by 2Jord dahartigan
  • @teamacc said:

@tgl said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

exactly, they thought it was 84 different clients, poor ColoCrossing

• we found the web artist (mercantilo.com), now we need to find the scam artist

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • donlidonli Member
    edited December 2019

@tgl said:

exactly, they thought it was 84 different clients, poor ColoCrossing

They were disguised - they were wearing different name tags.

• the story was RECTified it seems

• Nick said: a former client notified his customers that he was shutting down their service today

Clearly 1 client of CC working through some 25 hosting companies. But this client is powerless to shut down when CC keeps the servers going, for 2 more weeks. Or they worked out that CC would do that without the client having to pay for it...