Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap IBM Power7 and Power7+ offer (VIOS, IBM i)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap IBM Power7 and Power7+ offer (VIOS, IBM i)

x2plagx2plag Member
edited December 2019 in Providers

Hello guys. I have some IBMs laying around in data-center in Eastern Europe:
1) Power7plus 740 2 sockets, 16 CPU, 64 Cores, 4.2+Ghz, 256 GB RAM, RAID10, Gigabit Ethernet
2) Power7 740 2 sockets, 16 CPU, 64 Cores, 3.7+Ghz, 325 GB RAM, RAID5, Gigabit Ethernet
Support VIOS and IBM i.

Ready to give them a try. Amount of resources(CPU\RAM\Storage\Network) provided discussed with each client individually as well as pricing.
Ready to provide baremetal with HMC access to it.
Long-term contracts preferred but if someone need the system for a day or so - it will be negotiated.

Feel free to contract if you have any concerns

IBM VPS?
  1. Do you want to try cheap IBM Power7+ VPS?6 votes
    1. Sure. I need it badly!
      16.67%
    2. I would give it a try.
      50.00%
    3. No way.
      33.33%

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited December 2019

How many LETizens are running AIX applications?

How many even fewer LETizens are running iSeries apps? Or have even heard of iSeries...

I mean, it's a cool offering because why not but not sure this is your market.

Thanked by 1x2plag
  • x2plagx2plag Member
    edited December 2019

@raindog308 said:
    How many LETizens are running AIX applications?

How many even fewer LETizens are running iSeries apps? Or have even heard of iSeries...

I mean, it's a cool offering because why not but not sure this is your market.

Well, that is reasonable, but why not to make an offer still. Maybe you have something in mind where this machines fit better?
    They could still be good VPS with Linux on them (sorry IBM :) )

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited December 2019

x2plag said: Amount of resources(CPU\RAM\Storage\Network) provided discussed with each client individually as well as pricing.

Ah, the good old "management" dream of charging every client not what the product costs, but as much as the client is able to pay.

Drop all the "negotiated" and "discussed" b/s, just set up regular VPS with GNU/Linux and plain public pricing on the website, and be prepared that the weird architecture will be an obstacle to your customers and your sales, not a selling point.

Thanked by 1x2plag
  • I don't see a provider tag. Take ur buisness elsewhere

Thanked by 1x2plag
  • @rm_ said:

Drop all the "negotiated" and "discussed" b/s, just set up regular VPS with GNU/Linux and plain public pricing on the website, and be prepared that the weird architecture will be an obstacle to your customers and your sales, not a selling point.

I have no foggiest idea of how much to charge so that is why I am not giving any numbers.
    But still thank you for the opinion.

• Sure thing this is something I would like to idle. But no more than 10€/yr incl. public IPv4 thanks.

Thanked by 1x2plag
  • @james50a said:
    I don't see a provider tag. Take ur buisness elsewhere

Who gives a shit if its something unique.

Thanked by 2pike x2plag