Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ DireVPS ★ Worst Offer Yet ★ £4 ★ 512MB RAM ★ 1024MB Swap ★ 200GB HD ★ 2TB ★ Uncapped CPU ★
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ DireVPS ★ Worst Offer Yet ★ £4 ★ 512MB RAM ★ 1024MB Swap ★ 200GB HD ★ 2TB ★ Uncapped CPU ★

DaveDave Member
edited November 2013 in Offers

Hi folks,

Do we have a special for you! As our Worst Offer Yet, we've dug up a server so old it may have antique value. If it were an old person, it would have lost it's hair, have reduced lung capacity and would be in late stage osteoporosis.

Worst Offer Yet

OpenVZ Container

Intel Core2 Quad Q8300 @ 2.50GHz - (Passmark 3041 - wow!) Completely uncapped and... I've forgotten why I came in here...

£4.00/month

512MB RAM

1024MB Swap

200GB Disk space

2000GB monthly data transfer

One IPv4 address

Two IPv6 addresses

RapidSwitch Datacentre (Maidenhead, UK) 2 x 7200RPM in Hardware RAID1

Whilst we had the option to RAID0 the drives and offer you double the capacity, we figured it was best not to risk everyone's data. We did think about it though...

Full Details http://www.direvps.com

Order URL https://clients.openitc.co.uk/order/page3.php?product=499

All feedback welcome :)

Comments

• You did it...
    But with less RAM

• 1 Error(s) encountered:

Invalid product selected

• @jcaleb said:
    1 Error(s) encountered:

Invalid product selected

Apologies - I've fixed that link now.

• @MikeIn said:
    You did it...
    But with less RAM

This isn't the CPU offering we're looking into providing. This is just a fun offering we thought some might be interested in :)

• MikeInMikeIn Member
    edited November 2013

Edit:- I was late, @Dave fixed it..

• @MikeIn said:

It should be there now. Have you refreshed the page?

• If you provide an uncapped CPU in this new offer, why Minecraft server hosting is still forbidden ?

• @Dave said:

It should be there now. Have you refreshed the page?

I forgot to press the submit button on time, ignore that post, edited...

oh! it support a max of 8GB RAM, I think.

My old desktop still has Old Core 2 Duo Passmark in some 1000 range, donate a Quad core for my Oldy....

• @deepdelver said:
    If you provide an uncapped CPU in this new offer, why Minecraft server hosting is still forbidden ?

Minecraft servers are a constant high load. If everyone ran them then it would be fine as everyone would have the same experience but these are mixed nodes so the people not running Minecraft might not appreciated it so much.

We would consider providing a server just for gamers but I'm not sure there's enough demand for that outwith dedicated game server hosts, especially at the $7 price-point.

• Okay, thank you for enlightening me on this subject ^^

• Insta-buy!

• What does "completely uncapped" mean? Can we use 100% 24/7?

• @awson said:
    What does "completely uncapped" mean? Can we use 100% 24/7?

From the previous thread asking for input, it sounds like the 'don't be a dick' rule applies here.

• @awson said:
    What does "completely uncapped" mean? Can we use 100% 24/7?

That would make you a pretty unfriendly node companion, no? You probably could for a while but I reckon other people won't take too kindly to it. At that point we might have to ask you to leave.

• @Nekki said:
    From the previous thread asking for input, it sounds like the 'don't be a dick' rule applies here.

Pretty much :)

• @Dave I'm having a a nightmare getting an order through.

I'm a previous customer of your old XenVZ brand with an existing OpenITC account, but accidentally ordered with my Estonia VPN enabled. I've re-ordered without my VPN disabled and still got flagged. Order ID is 6103 - can you push this through or do you really need 2 scanned forms of ID?

• Wow, Rapidswitch's ancient Q8300 without VT support. I remember they had a dedicated Q8300 offer for £25/mo at some time. Certainly this offer is openvz only.

"Whilst we had the option to RAID0 the drives and offer you double the capacity, we figured it was best not to risk everyone's data. "
    Telling the truth, good.

Good luck for people ordering...

• @Nekki said:
    Dave I'm having a a nightmare getting an order through.

I'm a previous customer of your old XenVZ brand with an existing OpenITC account, but accidentally ordered with my Estonia VPN enabled. I've re-ordered without my VPN disabled and still got flagged. Order ID is 6103 - can you push this through or do you really need 2 scanned forms of ID?

Nekki - sorry about that.

As you know now, your account should be working again :)

• @sundaymouse said:
    Wow, Rapidswitch's ancient Q8300 without VT support. I remember they had a dedicated Q8300 offer for £25/mo at some time. Certainly this offer is openvz only.

"Whilst we had the option to RAID0 the drives and offer you double the capacity, we figured it was best not to risk everyone's data. "
    Telling the truth, good.

Good luck for people ordering...

If I could have found 4 floppy drives to RAID I would have considered that too.

• sundaymouse said: Wow, Rapidswitch's ancient Q8300 without VT support. I remember they had a dedicated Q8300 offer for £25/mo at some time. Certainly this offer is openvz only.

Not sure we're talking about the same machine then as this has VT.