Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for DirectAdmin license
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for DirectAdmin license

I'm looking to purchase a license for directadmin for my vps.

Prefer to buy a DA account with one lifetime license (since DA doesn't transfer licenses anymore), but eventually it'd be ok to "rent" a license on monthly base too.

Thanks.

Comments

• how much? I might sell one of mine for $1k. External, transferrable license with support included. I can offer one for rent for 20$ per month as well, just PM me if interested in,

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

andrewn said: I can offer one for rent for 20$ per month as well, just PM me if interested in,

And the minute DA finds out you're subletting your licenses you'll get wacked.

Francisco

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep
  • @Francisco said:

andrewn said: I can offer one for rent for 20$ per month as well, just PM me if interested in,

Francisco

Why is that? DA sold external licenses for full price till a few months ago. It is absolutely legal. They are not for providers nor internal ones.

• @livonias said:

Prefer to buy a DA account with one lifetime license (since DA doesn't transfer licenses anymore), but eventually it'd be ok to "rent" a license on monthly base too.

Thanks.

Why not just signup with a provider that offers Free or Paid DA license? Fran is right there if you need free.

There are many of us here who offers DA license for a nominal monthly cost/expense.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@andrewn said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Why is that? DA sold external licenses for full price till a few months ago. It is absolutely legal. They are not for providers nor internal ones.

Maybe Mark can confirm but fairly sure they've been putting an end to selling/transferring lifetime licenses since there was a sort of black market starting over them.

Francisco

• @andrewn said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Said it yourself, "til a few months ago". Rules change.

You do not own a license unless you have purchased it through our directadmin.com website. Note that our terms and conditions do not allow license reselling unless you are leasing it from a server provider with a server. If you do not receive a server with your license payment to the Reseller, then your license violates our terms and conditions. Only the owner of the license with a valid clients login can modify a license.

• How much direct admin price?

@rdp1ground said:
    How much direct admin price?

What from DirectAdmin or Hosting companies? If hosting companies some do free and some are like $5

• Thanks for the information.

• @andrewn said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Read the DirectAdmin thread about price changes https://forum.directadmin.com/threads/pricing-changes-updates-as-of-july-1-2019-no-we-arent-raising-our-prices.58091/

To prevent unauthorized reselling and a lifetime license "black market" we are going to be a little less helpful about a couple things we've been overly accommodating about in the past. We are no longer pushing/moving licenses between accounts, especially after several of our customers have been scammed by people selling licenses from hacked accounts. License portability/reselling is never something we offered as a feature so we need to crack down on this a little better.

• @Jord said:

I love this. Will try this next time with our cat lol

• @livonias said:

Thanks.

Currenly @anyNode offers free DA with their BF OVZ7.

Some providers offer free DA with their VPS; some require that plan costs $5/mo

DA also sells a personal lic for $24/yr I think

@timelapse said:

@Jord said:

I love this. Will try this next time with our cat lol

Well I aim to please sir, I've already tried with mine she loves it haha.

Thanked by 1timelapse