Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Centrio Hosting - a big scam company
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Centrio Hosting - a big scam company

Recently we ordered a SSL certificate in centriohost.net, but the CSR we submited is invalid.

Centrio Hosting, which is a scam, of course didn't provide any confirm email or ask us to provide CSR and issue the SSL again.

We are in hurry to use the SSL certificate, so we ordered it in other place, and I open a ticket to ask for refund.

The product shows in centriohost.net is still pending, but they refuses to refund me.

I opened a Paypal dispute, but they said:

"he customer make false claim. He was ordered a SSL Certificate (Which is intangible service). And his order was activated on the same date of order, instantly. However he is using the ssl certificate right now, but state false claim to take money illegitimately also to incur business loss to us. Since his server for ssl certificate order has been delivered on the same date of order, we will nor provide any refund,. We have attacked all necessary proof that the service was delivered on the same date accordingly. Also he purchased 1 SSL certificate from us previously as well. He is getting the service without any single problem."

I also open a ticket to ask them I want to re-issue the SSL because we didn't receive it, but they said:

"Hello,

We can see the order already processed. However you provide invalid CSR, also we noticed that you have opened paypal dispute. Make not all Domain Registration and SSL Certificates are non-refundable. You already violate TOS by opening dispute and thats why your order marked as fraud. "

If they provide the SSL certificate, then it's my fault. But they didn't provide it to me and also don't want to give me refund, and now they even close my account and has stolen my money.

OMG, this company is a big scam, stay away with them!

Sorry for my English

Comments

• Some screenshots:

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

Yea this scenario happened to me in the exact same fashion, as I have said luckily with time i was able to find my private key and i wasn't screwed, but for someone who made a mistake on the order form your pretty much screwed.

• I'm not sure how many PayPal disputes need to be opened in order for PP to investigate, but I bet @CentrioHost aka. ScamHost is going to be investigated soon.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Why did you provide an invalid CSR?

• I provide invalid csr too.. but they told me to replied with new csr.. all went great..

I ask because here is how I see it.

You tried to purchase a virtual service with paypal.

You made a mistake when ordering.

You waited less than 24 hours to escalate this to a paypal claim and come here and use the words scam and fraud.

The bottom line is that this would never have happened if you had not made a mistake to begin with, this was your fault, if you provided a valid CSR the order would have been fine, if you gave them more than 24 hours to try to help you then it would have been fine.

Sure this host has a terrible reputation here but still, don't file a paypal dispute within 24 hours for a service that is not even covered by paypal protection.

Thanked by 2rds100 Damian
  • Hello, you ordered for Singledomain Certificate but provide invalid wildcard CSR on system, so even SSL provisioned automatically from the billing system but rejected by AlphaSSL due to invalid unmatched CSR. As well you opened dispute on the same date of order even without escalating it on first place (Order Placed at 4th Nov, Dispute opened at 5th Nov - with 10 hours time gap). So definately you are a fraud. Nothing else. We dont face such complain from others.

OMG, this company is a big scam, stay away with them!

You already stayed away, your account marked as FRAUD due to opening dispute on firstplace. So thats not legitimate you called us as SCAM! We can see you ordered 1 SSL at 10$ previously and enjoying it! You provide invalid CSR, without giving valid CSR you open dispute even the order already processed from our reseller slot and 1 SSL slot deduct from our stock already. And you opened dispute illigally and try to occur business loss to us.

@ryanarp You penalized for your own created issues, thats not a problem of ours. Funny! Everytime someone open thread you just come up with ft as and start coughing around. Just lol.

@CastleServers How you called some1 scamhost even you are not a customer of ours!

• johnlth93johnlth93 Member
    edited November 2013

@psycholyzern said:
    I provide invalid csr too.. but they told me to replied with new csr.. all went great..

Same here, i provided a wrong csr and they ask for a new one so i give them again. And then all is good.

My order was the 1st wave, long time ago =)

edited November 2013

I have to say I am totally on the hosts side here, OP made a mistake, opened paypal dispute within 10 hours without giving them a chance to help him with a mistake he made to begin with.

OP is a scam :) this thread is a scam. :)

What really happened: OP made a mistake when ordering, OP could not be bothered to wait for assistance so filed a paypal dispute and bought the cert from someone else. OP probably lost paypal dispute and has butthurt so cam here to complain.

@Spirit please delete this stupid thread. CentrioHost has been a complete idiot around here but in this instance it is obviously unfounded.

Thanked by 1Damian
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    I have to say I am totally on the hosts side here, OP made a mistake, opened paypal dispute within 10 hours without giving them a chance to help him with a mistake he made to begin with.

OP is a scam :) this thread is a scam. :)

Thats exactly what we are talking about! Leaving customers without giving service, we, I really don't find any reason! And some1 already telling how invalid CSR replacement works on here! But this man, just funny!

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Yeah I had the same experience with Centrio. I bought an SSL, sent an invalid CSR, they asked for a new one, and provided me with my certificate. Sorry OP your SOL

• @AnthonySmith said:

+1 on that. 10 hours? Seriously? If you needed an SSL certificate on such immediate and dire terms that you couldn't wait a reasonable amount of time for someone to assist you, you probably shouldn't have bought the cheapest service you could find.

• Why do people submit invalid CSR's? I bought one from Centriohost and it was my first ever SSL cert... I didn't screw it up... But I'm sure if I did I would open a PayPal dispute after 10 hours...

A lot of providers will mark you as fraud if you open a paypal dispute at all.

OP is at fault here as the others noted.

• hiphiphip0hiphiphip0 Member
    edited November 2013

It's not cool to call somebody scam,better way is just making a review,show out what happened.
    I had seen several people bought from centriohost and are fine with them.

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member
    edited November 2013

Unfortunately alot of people use PayPal as a support desk, generally I go separate ways in a situation like this. The incident would probably have been resolved if it was addressed without the PayPal claim.

On the other hand there is really no immediate need for the vendor to jump outright with the word 'fraud' as I find a lot of people do not comprehend correctly the seriousness of opening a PayPal or payment dispute right out the gate when something wrong occurs.

Both sides seem hostile but definitely no fault when a dispute is opened at first sign of a issue.

Showform and carry on.

• @CentrioHost is not scam. I have ordered at least 10 certs from them, none of them is having problem. There are working great. Most of my orders, I received less than 1 hour.

In here, I only see customer made the mistake and blame the provider not going extra mile to help them. And he named this SCAM.

Thanked by 1CentrioHost
  • My wildcard SSL works flawlessly. I have never experienced any issue at all from Centrio.

• I ordered a couple of wildcard SSL certs from Centrio when the deals were published here, and made very very very(did I say very) sure to read the directions and the thread to ensure I didn't run into problems. I don't think, or I haven't had reason to believe that Centrio is a scam, as it seemed on the promo threads that others had issues, just like you did, and they asked support and were helped out to remedy the issue. At the end of the day, Centrio delivered hundreds if not thousands of SSL certs to customers who did and didn't do it right, and I am sure if you would have been a bit more patient with Centrio, this thread wouldn't exist. I know how hard it is to have patience, but imagine the volume of orders and support tickets that this company had to respond to when those deals popped? If you take that into consideration, you would begin to realize that no one was trying to scam you for a cool couple of bucks, and maybe you should try and be a cooler customer, as it would be to your benefit.

• @AnthonySmith

Then they can close my account and refuses to provide service or refund, just stole my money?

I have asked them to issue the SSL certificate today but they finally choose to let me post this story here.

@Damian

Is this the reason they can stole my money? They didn't issue the SSL nor helped us solve the problem but stole our money.

@CentrioHost

My point is, I paid for my SSL certificate, but you didn't issue it to us. So I opened a Paypal dispute but you said we were fraud.

So where is our money? Did I pay it to buy your a beer?

I also opened a ticket today to ask you issue the SSL to us, but you just closed my account, lol.

• @mile93

We paid for our service but they didn't provide it and told Paypal that they had provided it to us.

This isn't SCAM???!!!

• @HC_Ro

I gave them a chance, I asked them to give us refund within 24 hours because we didn't/never receive SSL ceriticate we ordered but they didn't reply me after 24 hours.

So I have to open a Paypal dispute, or just let my money to feed their dogs?

• @Showfom as you post more and more, you look dumb and dumber. so just stop it, go away.

Thanked by 1connercg
  • @CentrioHost

If I pay you for service, you provide it, then I open a Paypal dispute, of course I'm fraud.

But in fact, you didn't provide it, even told Paypal that you provided it.

That is my point, I also give you a chance to re-issue the SSL ceriticate to us but you didn't.

You closed my account and thought I don't have evidence? LOL

I have several years experience in this industry, you are the first provider I met that can do this.

• @Showfom said:
    mile93

We paid for our service but they didn't provide it and told Paypal that they had provided it to us.

This isn't SCAM???!!!

You represent CastleServers right? In the next offer you post on LET I would order the VPS with the lowest specs available and then ask for a VPS with 100 GB of RAM, 100TB of hard drive space.

Can't give me this? Sorry, CastleServer is a scam company :p

• @MorningIris

Go away for what? Where is my $15? I can buy a cup of coffee instead of giving the monty to this scam man. LOL

• @zhuanyi

问题是这家伙没有给我 SSL 证书啊,也不给我机会再重新签发一个,如果给了,那不退款完全没问题,问题是这个傻逼没有给。

15美元就当喂狗了,麻痹的。

• thanks for the morning laugh.

If you pay for a service, make a mistake so the service cannot be provided, then you file a claim with paypal within 10 hours then yes... completely your fault if you lose your money.

• Let's not forget the fact that Centriohost said that OP received his SSL cert when he did not.