Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Netcup HAD some truly savage Black Friday deals today - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Netcup HAD some truly savage Black Friday deals today

Comments

• to chime in, VPS 200 G8 BF 2018

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/14991406

Thanked by 2angstrom gks
  • @Falzo said:
    to chime in, VPS 200 G8 BF 2018

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/14991406

Your score, which is between the two above, is probably closer to the average

By the way, you might update your Geekbench software, which is now at v4.4.2 (you're still using v4.3.3) :smile:

• Reseller Webhosting 2000 ADV19
    New in our assortment since this year, reseller webhosting. And our tariff Reseller Webhosting 2000 has also made it into our Advent calendar.

Features:
    Professional features like free SSL certificates, SSH access, custom PHP settings, run by cronjobs possible
    15 customers can be created + 15 IP addresses (IPv6) included
    150 GB SSD redundantes Cloud-Storage
    150 Domains anlegbar
    Can be combined with domain reselling
    4,99 € per month

"Der netcup Adventskalender"

• Their webhostinig offerings are not so compelling, but the unmetered download can be useful if you have loads of media.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited December 2019

Today deal: RS 1000 SSD G8 ADV19
    Processor: Intel® Xeon® Gold 6230
    Cores: 2 dedicated
    Main memory DDR 4 ECC: 8 GB
    Hard disk: 40 GB SSD
    €6.99 per month, 3 months free, 12 months contract.
    ~5.25€ per month in total.

This thing normally is €6.99 fro 12 months contract, so the "deal" is 3 months free I guess.

• I use netcup since 2018 about 1.5 years, running production servers with their RS server lines, I found them good, never complained about our workload, as we use 80-90% RAM, above 80-90% v.code CPUs allocated to us, consuming more bandwidths.
    I am sure I am going to buy few VPSes this year, for load balancing and failover IPs [I missed BF deals]. I found them cheaper than Hetzner on high volume RAMs, storages [NAS].

1. If you are from outside EU, then you should be using Business account for excluding VAT.
    2. Pricing Contract is 1/3/6/12 months for cheaper prices.

I had few downtimes with PHPFriends, but not with netcup, systems are working normal, under pressure.

I have tried virmach last year, wasted a lot of money, as they have policy for using CPU beyond certain level, so I have to idle Virmach, cancelled all my VPSes this year [nearly 15 of them except one.

My setup is like,

1. netcup for production [48 to 60 GB RAM RS machines]
    2. php-friends for staging [10 GB RAM machines, with their HDD lines, with special request for increased HDD with discounted price]
    3. Hetzner for testing and R&D [2-16 GB for shorter, hourly workload, span 20 VMs at a time, they kindly increased VPS limit to 25 on special request]

Hetzner is superfast with RAM, SDD, network etc.
    Hetzner and netcup don't give flexibility [they have process to follow], where as PHP-friends are humans who can customize if you really wanted that way.
    MXroute is good for email.

• Is it just me or do the Netcup Adventskalender offerings look missable so far?

None of the offerings so far are the kind I would regret missing even if I had the money.

• gks said: My setup is like,

2. php-friends for staging [10 GB RAM machines, with their HDD lines, with special request for increased HDD with discounted price]
    3. Hetzner for testing and R&D [2-16 GB for shorter, hourly workload, span 20 VMs at a time, they kindly

When you mention Netcup's 48 to 60GB RAM machines I suspect you are using the G7 series which use the Xeon 2680v4 processors and they offer more cores on them at a higher price than the G8.

It look strange to me that Netcup charges more for less RAM and less storage on older technology with the G7 series. Why would that be? Are they more expensive to run or what, or are they just trying to get people to move to the G8 series for some reason?

One thing for sure they don't offer the cores available for the G7 on the G8 severs.

• @rchurch said:
    Is it just me or do the Netcup Adventskalender offerings look missable so far?

None of the offerings so far are the kind I would regret missing even if I had the money.

They do.

• @rchurch said:

It's no different from the past couple of years: most of the offers aren't vServers or Root-Servers.

(But this is okay. They're not trying to cater to LET whims.)

• @rchurch said:

What were you expecting? What's different from previous years?

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • gksgks Member
    edited December 2019

@rchurch said:

gks said: My setup is like,

3. Hetzner for testing and R&D [2-16 GB for shorter, hourly workload, span 20 VMs at a time, they kindly

When you mention Netcup's 48 to 60GB RAM machines I suspect you are using the G7 series which use the Xeon 2680v4 processors and they offer more cores on them at a higher price than the G8.

It look strange to me that Netcup charges more for less RAM and less storage on older technology with the G7 series. Why would that be? Are they more expensive to run or what, or are they just trying to get people to move to the G8 series for some reason?

One thing for sure they don't offer the cores available for the G7 on the G8 severs.

Mine all vps are RS G8 [10 dedicated v.cores, 48 GB RAM, 1 TB SAS], [not aware of G7 series] took them in 2018 AdventCalendar offer, they added bonus RAM and SAS storage but kept the cost same. This year, I see they don't add RAM or storage offers instead they reduce the cost. If you are outside EU, holding a business, you can levy 19% on their price.

Thanked by 1rchurch
  • twaintwain Member
    edited December 2019

20191209 special (rootserver 8G/2 cores/400GSSD for 8.99EUR):
    https://www.netcup.de/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2518
    Seems pretty decent. Note one-year billing minimum which is why I didn't grab one.

• @twain said:
    20191209 special (rootserver 400GSSD):
    https://www.netcup.de/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2518
    Seems pretty decent. Note one-year billing minimum which is why I didn't grab one.

This has the exact same specs as the Black Mamba previously mentioned, but costs 1€ less per month. Pretty good deal!

• Dec 13 special, seems good:

rootserver 32G/6 dedi cores/560G SSD
    https://www.netcup.de/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2523

Thanked by 1Archie
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

If anyone wants to transfer VPS 200 G8, let me know :D

• CPU Model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6230 CPU @ 2.10GHz
    CPU Cores : 2 Cores 2095.082 MHz x86_64
    CPU Cache : 16384 KB
    Kernel : 4.9.0-11-amd64
    Total Space : 289.1 GB / 394.0 GB
    Total RAM : 2144 MB / 7987 MB (5557 MB Buff)
    Total SWAP : 0 MB / 0 MB
    Uptime : 2 days 18 hour 54 min
    Load Average : 0.70, 0.40, 0.37
    TCP CC : bbr
    ASN & ISP : AS197540, netcup GmbH
    Organization : netcup GmbH

Region : Baden-Württemberg

I/O Speed( 1.0GB ) : 644 MB/s
    I/O Speed( 1.0GB ) : 717 MB/s
    I/O Speed( 1.0GB ) : 831 MB/s

Average I/O Speed : 730.7 MB/s

Node Name Upload Speed Download Speed Latency
    Speedtest.net 727.57 Mbit/s 561.55 Mbit/s 2.826 ms
    Fast.com 0.00 Mbit/s 185.0 Mbit/s -

i have 4 400ssd slots.it's the best server i've ever got.

• @twain said:
    Dec 13 special, seems good:

I just got one, it was sold out this morning. But i could buy it now.

• Do they offer Directadmin?

• @Kodis said:
    Do they offer Directadmin?

Netcup don’t offer DirectAdmin. I believe they off Plesk but for a monthly fee

Thanked by 1Kodis
  • @twain said:

Geekbench v4
    https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/15031529

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @Archie said:

@twain said:

Geekbench v4

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6230 CPU @ 2.10GHz
    Number of cores : 6
    CPU frequency : 2095.082 MHz
    Total size of Disk : 552.0 GB (2.1 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem : 32004 MB (219 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 0 MB (0 MB Used)
    System uptime : 0 days, 0 hour 15 min
    Load average : 0.05, 0.47, 0.32
    Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)

Kernel : 4.18.0-80.11.2.el8_0.x86_64

I/O speed(1st run) : 481 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run) : 758 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run) : 837 MB/s

Average I/O speed : 692.0 MB/s

Node Name IPv4 address Download Speed
    CacheFly 205.234.175.175 86.4MB/s
    Linode, Tokyo2, JP 139.162.65.37 8.68MB/s
    Linode, Singapore, SG 139.162.23.4 14.0MB/s
    Linode, London, UK 176.58.107.39 110MB/s
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE 139.162.130.8 121MB/s
    Linode, Fremont, CA 50.116.14.9 14.2MB/s
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX 173.192.68.18 14.3MB/s
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA 67.228.112.250 12.9MB/s
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE 159.122.69.4 108MB/s
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG 119.81.28.170 2.47MB/s

Softlayer, HongKong, CN 119.81.130.170 9.19MB/s

• @Archie said:

@twain said:

Geekbench v4

Nice. It's much more than I need, but nice.

• How's the CPU steal with those servers? Are they managed well, given that they are marketed as dedicated cores?

• @pullangcubo said:
    How's the CPU steal with those servers? Are they managed well, given that they are marketed as dedicated cores?

In general, I have found the Root Server line up to have relatively consistent (and good) CPU performance.

I have not had a great experience with their VPS line up - the performance varies widely (to almost shabby, if you are truly CPU bound). It was pretty good in the beginning but as the nodes get loaded, the performance drops.

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • @pullangcubo said:
    How's the CPU steal with those servers? Are they managed well, given that they are marketed as dedicated cores?

Zero CPU steal every time I tried any netcup root server.

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • RS 8000 SSDx4 G8SE, 64GB RAM, 8 cores and all the SSD you can eat (1040Gb) for 36.99 euro if you are ready to fork out for a year in advance.

Any takers?

This will be available for a while. They never offered it earlier unlike the RS1000, 2000 and 4000

• @rchurch said:
    RS 8000 SSDx4 G8SE, 64GB RAM, 8 cores and all the SSD you can eat (1040Gb) for 36.99 euro if you are ready to fork out for a year in advance.

Any takers?

This will be available for a while. They never offered it earlier unlike the RS1000, 2000 and 4000

wow with the amount of storage that's quite a beast... sadly nested virt will not come cheap though.

and you forgot the link: https://www.netcup-offers.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2525 ;-P

• @rchurch said:
    RS 8000 SSDx4 G8SE, 64GB RAM, 8 cores and all the SSD you can eat (1040Gb) for 36.99 euro if you are ready to fork out for a year in advance.

The contract is for a year, but you only pay for six months in advance, which is slightly less painful :smile:

What a monster VPS though ...

Thanked by 1rchurch
  • @Falzo said: wow with the amount of storage that's quite a beast... sadly nested virt will not come cheap though.

and

@angstrom said: What a monster VPS though ...

While the config is sweet, I think the pricing is really not so great on this. If you look at Hetzner's Ryzen lineup and are willing to trade for storage in lieu of that beast of a CPU, this really is not such a competitive deal IMHO. Plus, Hetzner is monthly (without the ridiculous cancel deal at Netcup).

I also personally feel the RS Black Pearl was a better deal (2 of them to give you this configuration at 2x the storage).

Thanked by 2Falzo poisson