Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

    Netcup HAD some truly savage Black Friday deals today
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

    Netcup HAD some truly savage Black Friday deals today

    rchurchrchurch Member
    edited November 29 in General

    They had a 8Gb RS1000 with 400Gb SSD for about 6.99 and a 16GB RS2000 with even more SSD space for 9.99 euro earlier to day.

    I guess those who knew about them didn't care to announce them on LET :) :)

    The only issue is that they were all on yearly payment terms, and some had minimum 6 months period which is why I didn't bite. ultravps was good enough for me.

    There must have a lot of keyboard/mouse warriors active today.

    RS Black Pearl
    19,99 Euro / Monat

    400 Stück verfügbar
    Bestellbar ab 13:30 Uhr
    Intel® Xeon® Gold 6230
    
    32 GB DDR4 ECC
    1000 GB SSD
    4 dedizierte Kerne
    

    This had more RAM but lower cores. Left overs I think

    The morale of the story is you can't trust LET users to update you when there are major deals around :) :)

    Thanked by 1tgl

    Affiliate Links: Prometeus - Rock Solid KVM | Xen | OpenVZ    Netcup coupon 36nc15356334959

    «1

    Comments

    • @rchurch said:

      RS Black Pearl
      19,99 Euro / Monat

      400 Stück verfügbar
      Bestellbar ab 13:30 Uhr
      Intel® Xeon® Gold 6230
      
      32 GB DDR4 ECC
      1000 GB SSD
      4 dedizierte Kerne
      

      where is order link?

    • @rchurch said: The morale of the story is you can't trust LET users to update you when there are major deals around.

      Welcome back :)

      There was a lot of talk about the netcup deals elsewhere, but, yeah, not here on LET. :wink:

      I managed to grab two vServers, but the Root-Servers were very tempting.

      Thanked by 1webcraft

      "Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

    • thedpthedp Member
      edited November 29

      I think their VPS 500 G8 4GB RAM/40GB SSD for €3.99 was a good deal.

      DomainPeon - Somewhat decent domain names for sale
      Whitelisted Low-end Hosts

    • @refik said:

      @rchurch said:

      RS Black Pearl
      19,99 Euro / Monat

      400 Stück verfügbar
      Bestellbar ab 13:30 Uhr
      Intel® Xeon® Gold 6230
      
      32 GB DDR4 ECC
      1000 GB SSD
      4 dedizierte Kerne
      

      where is order link?

      https://www.netcup-sonderangebote.de - They are all sold out

      Affiliate Links: Prometeus - Rock Solid KVM | Xen | OpenVZ    Netcup coupon 36nc15356334959

    • @refik said:

      @rchurch said:

      RS Black Pearl
      19,99 Euro / Monat

      400 Stück verfügbar
      Bestellbar ab 13:30 Uhr
      Intel® Xeon® Gold 6230
      
      32 GB DDR4 ECC
      1000 GB SSD
      4 dedizierte Kerne
      

      where is order link?

      Unfortunately, the netcup promotions ended at midnight CET

      "Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

    • I just realized they were even announced earlier - https://www.netcup-news.de/2019/11/25/fahrplan-fuer-den-black-friday-2019/.

      I am sure some people had their scripts and their remote control browsers ready :) :)

      Thanked by 1Ympker

      Affiliate Links: Prometeus - Rock Solid KVM | Xen | OpenVZ    Netcup coupon 36nc15356334959

    • Correct, this gave an overview of the timing of the offers in advance

      "Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

    • EHRAEHRA Member

      I didn't like Netcup promotions this year. Maybe in December we will have better deals.

    • RS1000 with 400Gb SSD ?
      where is order link?

      buy? buy! buy again.

    • SeniorSenior Member
      edited November 30

      @rchurch I have not seen this product in netcup.de or netcup-sonderangebote.de
      RS1000 with 400Gb SSD?
      are you sure?

      buy? buy! buy again.

    • CrelingCreling Member
      edited November 30

      Senior said: @rchurch I have not >seen this product in netcup.de or netcup-sonderangebote.de
      RS1000 with 400Gb SSD?
      are you sure?

      it's 40GB SSD indeed, maybe a typo of the poster

    • rchurch said: The morale of the story is you can't trust LET users to update you when there are major deals around

      I don't think that's really the truth. I think by and large Netcup is a higher end host and many of their BF deals were actually on significantly higher priced offers (close to Dedi level pricing, plus all on annual contracts). That coupled with their rather strict-to-the-letter-of-the-contract cancellation policies have resulted in them being a not very popular choice here due to misunderstandings and expectations on the part of the buyers.

      I personally have a few of their Root Servers and VPSs and I find them to be excellent value and very reliable. I was even debating one of these largish RS configurations but it was just too expensive without an exit strategy for me if things didn't pan out and I erred on the side of caution in letting them go.

      I don't like their cancellation policy and how inflexible they are on many aspects of their setup but I'm willing to compromise there when I consider the value and reliability they bring to the table.

      Whatever floats your boat I guess.

      Thanked by 1angstrom
    • gksgks Member

      I am sticking with their advent calendar promotions, got 3 x, 48 GB, 1 TB NAS, 10 dedicated vCore. I try to grab failover ip, cloud vlan for production. netcup is very solid.

      Tired of LEB/LET scams?
      A Moderated forum : https://talk.lowendspirit.com/

      Get Motivated Reddit
      Laugh Reddit

    • Saw them in my RSS feed all day yesterday, but they didn't convince me they were worth it.

    • gks said: advent calendar promotions

      And on cue...

      https://www.netcup-news.de/2019/11/30/adventskalender-2019/

      Thanked by 1ehab
    • tgltgl Member
      edited November 30

      I already have 3 servers with them, I dont want more

      about LET, well, this place is for selling, not for helping others, it was before yes, but not anymore, there are some ppl still doing it, but not that much, its become another place now

      Thanked by 1angstrom
    • NekkiNekki Moderator
      edited November 30

      @angstrom said:

      Welcome back :)

      There was a lot of talk about the netcup deals elsewhere, but, yeah, not here on LET. :wink:

      That fills me with sadness, it really does.

      I don’t want to be part of a community that behaves that way.

      Thanked by 2datanoise Ouji

      Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

    • NekkiNekki Moderator

      @tgl said:
      I already have 3 servers with them, I dont want more

      about LET, well, this place is for selling, not for helping others, it was before yes, but not anymore, there are some ppl still doing it, but not that much, its become another place now

      If you can’t even manage put aside differences for a brief period then I’m really sad.

      Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

    • tgltgl Member

      @Nekki I did man yesterday, I didn't disturb your threads, and thank you for being fair about LES, still when it comes up, its hard to help myself

    • angstromangstrom Member
      edited November 30

      @Nekki said:

      @angstrom said:

      Welcome back :)

      There was a lot of talk about the netcup deals elsewhere, but, yeah, not here on LET. :wink:

      That fills me with sadness, it really does.

      I don’t want to be part of a community that behaves that way.

      Since I was the main person who brought up the netcup deals at the other place, I guess that I can take part of the responsibility for not having mentioned them here (even if this didn't prevent anyone else from doing so).

      The other consideration is that netcup offers have never been aimed at the LET masses, and by "the LET masses" I don't mean you and other old-timers here who understand the notion of a contract, but when one sees the seemingly countless number of people who signed up here over the past couple of days (and who will disappear after CM), one suspects (based on past experience) that they will have no clue about how netcup contracts work and would do better to keep to low-end offers that are aimed at the LET masses.

      I apologize if this sounds arrogant (I don't mean for it to), but anyone who has spent a significant time on LET knows what I'm talking about.

      (Anyway, netcup fans knew where to look.)

      Thanked by 1nullnothere

      "Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

    • @Senior said:
      @rchurch I have not seen this product in netcup.de or netcup-sonderangebote.de
      RS1000 with 400Gb SSD?
      are you sure?

      They were there alright. The RS8000 was offering 960GB SSD instead the 240GB SSD normally offered and it was the 36.99

      If they had the Black Pearl with 4 cores, 32Gb RAM and 1000Gb SSD for 19.99, then they could certainly have done something with 2 cores, a quarter of the RAM and less than half the disk space for 9.99

      Affiliate Links: Prometeus - Rock Solid KVM | Xen | OpenVZ    Netcup coupon 36nc15356334959

    • Is there a Netcup representative here?

      DomainPeon - Somewhat decent domain names for sale
      Whitelisted Low-end Hosts

    • @angstrom said: netcup fans knew where to look

      Yup and see my post earlier about this as well:

      @nullnothere said:

      rchurch said: The morale of the story is you can't trust LET users to update you when there are major deals around

      I don't think that's really the truth. I think by and large Netcup is a higher end host ...
      Whatever floats your boat I guess.

      Thanked by 1angstrom
    • @thedp said:
      Is there a Netcup representative here?

      No, there never has been

      "Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

    • @nullnothere said:

      @angstrom said: netcup fans knew where to look

      Yup and see my post earlier about this as well:

      @nullnothere said:

      rchurch said: The morale of the story is you can't trust LET users to update you when there are major deals around

      I don't think that's really the truth. I think by and large Netcup is a higher end host ...
      Whatever floats your boat I guess.

      Definitely agree with you :)

      Thanked by 1nullnothere

      "Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

    • @rchurch said:

      @Senior said:
      @rchurch I have not seen this product in netcup.de or netcup-sonderangebote.de
      RS1000 with 400Gb SSD?
      are you sure?

      They were there alright. The RS8000 was offering 960GB SSD instead the 240GB SSD normally offered and it was the 36.99

      If they had the Black Pearl with 4 cores, 32Gb RAM and 1000Gb SSD for 19.99, then they could certainly have done something with 2 cores, a quarter of the RAM and less than half the disk space for 9.99

      The Black Mamba was more or less exactly as you said:

      2x dedicated Xeon Gold 6230 cores
      8GB RAM
      400GB SSD
      9,99€

    • NekkiNekki Moderator

      @angstrom said:

      @nullnothere said:

      @angstrom said: netcup fans knew where to look

      Yup and see my post earlier about this as well:

      @nullnothere said:

      rchurch said: The morale of the story is you can't trust LET users to update you when there are major deals around

      I don't think that's really the truth. I think by and large Netcup is a higher end host ...
      Whatever floats your boat I guess.

      Definitely agree with you :)

      @Clouvider isn’t ‘Higher End’?

      Prem sells here too, and there are plenty of Netcup lovers, that’s easy to see.

      Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

    • Nekki said: Prem sells here too, and there are plenty of Netcup lovers, that’s easy to see.

      @Clouvider's mainstay is the dedi's on offer (and there is a lower threshold there which is way higher than the bottom VPS feeders like yours truly).

      Netcup of course is mainly in the VPS space and they (now and then) have some sales which more than makes up for the lock-in and contractual inanities if you consider the price-performance-value spectrum. Netcup would be way more popular if they had CPU pass through - as it stands only limited container virtualization is possible with their higher RAM setups.

    • @Nekki said:

      @angstrom said:

      @nullnothere said:

      @angstrom said: netcup fans knew where to look

      Yup and see my post earlier about this as well:

      @nullnothere said:

      rchurch said: The morale of the story is you can't trust LET users to update you when there are major deals around

      I don't think that's really the truth. I think by and large Netcup is a higher end host ...
      Whatever floats your boat I guess.

      Definitely agree with you :)

      @Clouvider isn’t ‘Higher End’?

      Sure they are, but (and this is crucial) @Clouvider is a representative here on LET, who can post offers and answer questions directly. In addition, @Clouvider aims to reach an international audience. Finally, @Clouvider's promotional prices (even if attractive) will naturally dissuade the LET masses that I was referring to.

      None of these hold for netcup.

      In any case, I'm not trying to provide a thorough justification why I didn't mention the netcup offers here yesterday (it really wasn't a strategy planned in advance), and I would just note that I've mentioned netcup offers here more than once in the past as well as answered questions about them.

      Thanked by 1Clouvider

      "Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

    • Never knew of those mouth watering stuff from netcuf bf.

      But, why dont they have some english pages? I can manage with a translator, but, always afraid of support ticket interactions in german(if required).

      My list of reliable providers :
      Ramnode : HostHatch : Dediserve : Serverica : GBServe : HostDoc : OnePoundWebHosting : Vultr : Few more under testing!

    • NekkiNekki Moderator
      edited November 30

      angstrom said: In any case, I'm not trying to provide a thorough justification why I didn't mention the netcup offers here yesterday (it really wasn't a strategy planned in advance), and I would just note that I've mentioned netcup offers here more than once in the past as well as answered questions about them.

      Basically, I was upset about the way you posted that the discussion was elsewhere, specifically that little knowing wink, which immediately evoked a negative reaction from me.

      I'm over it now, and it was actually helpful, sometimes you need your buttons pushed for things to be made clear.

      Thanked by 1zevus

      Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

    • angstromangstrom Member
      edited November 30

      @Nekki said:

      angstrom said: In any case, I'm not trying to provide a thorough justification why I didn't mention the netcup offers here yesterday (it really wasn't a strategy planned in advance), and I would just note that I've mentioned netcup offers here more than once in the past as well as answered questions about them.

      Basically, I was upset about the way you posted that the discussion was elsewhere, specifically that little knowing wink, which immediately evoked a negative reaction from me.

      Oh, my, the little wink, I see ...

      I'm over it now, and it was actually helpful, sometimes you need your buttons pushed for things to be made clear.

      Well, I confess that I spent at least as much time at the other place yesterday as I did here. I'll try to flagellate myself with due rigor later this evening.

      "Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

    • NekkiNekki Moderator

      @angstrom said:
      I'll try to flagellate myself with due rigor later this evening.

      You do whatever you like mate.

      Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

    • @Nekki said: You do whatever you like mate.

      Well, you know, it is what it is.

      By the way, if you look at the context above, the wink was simply a way of alluding to the other place.

      "Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

    • Netcup has an adventskalender till 24 Dec with every day a new offer.

      https://www.netcup.de/adventskalender/

    • @rick2610 said:
      Netcup has an adventskalender till 24 Dec with every day a new offer.

      https://www.netcup.de/adventskalender/

      So 1 deal a day, at a random time on that particular day?

      DomainPeon - Somewhat decent domain names for sale
      Whitelisted Low-end Hosts

    • thedp said: So 1 deal a day, at a random time on that particular day?

      I think German midnight - so in 10 minutes :)
      From theirs blog:
      "Pünktlich um 0 Uhr öffnen wir morgen Türchen Nummer 1 unseres Adventskalenders 2019. In den kommenden 24 Tagen warten viele spannende Sonderangebote auf Sie!"
      ->
      "On time at 0 o'clock tomorrow we open door number 1 of our Advent calendar 2019th In the coming 24 days many exciting special offers are waiting for you!"

    • Of to the races now.

      @Nekki it is time to get going.

      Affiliate Links: Prometeus - Rock Solid KVM | Xen | OpenVZ    Netcup coupon 36nc15356334959

    • Nothing changed for me. Looks like false-start? :D

    • Looks like I get some cached version of this. Last time I was there 23:40... still cached at 00:05. Not a nice anti-F5 script.

      .de Domain statt 0,42€ NUR0,16 € / Monat
      So .de domain, skip!

    • NekkiNekki Moderator

      @rchurch said:
      Of to the races now.

      @Nekki it is time to get going.

      Eh?

      Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

    • rchurchrchurch Member
      edited November 30

      (google translated)

      Fair play on our advent calendar

      We hope for a fair distribution of the products among our customers; especially with our much sought-after products. Therefore, we protect our little doors from scripts that try to grab contents of the door several times. Even "F5 pushers" do not correspond to the Advent Fairplay. For this reason, an artificial waiting period (blocking period) starts when a product from the Advent calendar is placed too frequently in the shopping cart or an attempt has been made to put the product several times in the shopping cart.

      Our tip: Be on time! Best place the order a few seconds after the announcement of a door padding. Do not be too early to avoid the above-mentioned vesting period.

      Cheats 😠😠😠😠😠

      Affiliate Links: Prometeus - Rock Solid KVM | Xen | OpenVZ    Netcup coupon 36nc15356334959

    • rchurch said: Cheats

      Yeah - seen that. That is why I did not F5 like an idiot, but 23:40 should be enough, it's like 20 minutes :<

    • zevuszevus Member
      edited December 1

      turnkey's is better, if you don't mind paying a year in advance.

      .... I've stayed away from Netcup for last 3 or 4 years, since they were insistent on charging VAT.

    • So do they publish the deals in advance? So we know what to expect? Thnx

    • @rchurch said: Cheats

      Who? netcup? Or those who try to cheat?

      "Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

    • @plumberg said:
      So do they publish the deals in advance? So we know what to expect? Thnx

      No, not in advance (which is consistent with the point of an Advent calendar)

      Thanked by 1plumberg

      "Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

    • @angstrom said:

      @plumberg said:
      So do they publish the deals in advance? So we know what to expect? Thnx

      No, not in advance (which is consistent with the point of an Advent calendar)

      I see. Best way to check? Twitter/ email? Thnx

    • @plumberg said:

      @angstrom said:

      @plumberg said:
      So do they publish the deals in advance? So we know what to expect? Thnx

      No, not in advance (which is consistent with the point of an Advent calendar)

      I see. Best way to check? Twitter/ email? Thnx

      Click on the calendar!

      Thanked by 1plumberg

      "Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

    Sign In or Register to comment.