Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New upgraded free DNS plan from Zilore
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New upgraded free DNS plan from Zilore

Zilore Black Friday alternative - new upgraded free DNS plan:

During Black Friday, when everyone is offering discounts, we are happy to present our new, improved free tariff plan!

Now it includes:

• 5 domain names;
  • 10 000 000 DNS queries per month per account!
  • 1 000 resource records per domain name;
  • One of the fastest and reliable anycast network in the world!
  • We support all popular DNS types includes ALIAS type;
  • Convenient change history - 5 snapshots for each domain name;
  • Two-factor authentication (OTP).

For only $5 per month, you can improve your free plan and get:

• Unlimited number of DNS queries;
  • Unlimited number of resource records;
  • Ability to add additional domain names;
  • Lower minimum TTL;
  • API;
  • Web forwarding;
  • Email forwarding
  • Email support;
  • SLA 99.95%.

Join now!

Looks good!

If my memory serves me, there were 500 000 queries and 50 records only before.

Comments

• Somehow I missed this, thanks for the heads up!

• Awesome!

• Hi. Im looking for DNS service. Are 10M requests enough for me? How can I measure it? How TTL affects?

• @bartholomew

Roughly speaking, one unique user that visits your website will query your DNS systems once to obtain the host. That, of course excludes any extra queries (e.g an asset server running on a subdomain, for example). For most, 10M requests is plenty -- it's enough for about 333K queries per day, which if we assume each user will spend five queries per day, is enough for about 67K unique visitors per day. Unless you run a large site, this limit probably won't affect you.

Thanked by 2FoggyFoxx cybertech
  • others usually free for 500k, so 10M is a lot, often DNS is cached

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Maybe I missed something but I couldn't find any information on themselves at their website. No "about us", no phone number, nothing.

Sorry, but why should one trust a company that doesn't even tell us in which country/jurisdiction they are located?

• @FlamesRunner

Not to mention that majority of those requests, depending on your TTL, will be cached by public nameservers, hence you won't actually be using that much resources.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Wow, after they cutted down the early adopters to 1 domain, shame.

• @jsg said:
    Maybe I missed something but I couldn't find any information on themselves at their website. No "about us", no phone number, nothing.

Sorry, but why should one trust a company that doesn't even tell us in which country/jurisdiction they are located?

In the T&C

ZILORE LLC
    8 The Green, Suite 7633
    Dover, DE 19901, United States

But yes, a bit strange not to say anything about experience or credentials. I also find it strange that the free plan doesn't allow API access - I would think that from the provider's perspective 'free' is not just charity but is an opportunity for upsell, and who is going to really get hooked on the product without API access.

I'm using NS1's free plan for one of my domains and it gives one GeoDNS/failover chain and a couple of monitors. This got me to familiarize myself with their setup and I actually do wish I could add more for a reasonable fee. Unfortunately no part of NS1 pricing is reasonable once you get off the free tier though.

Thanked by 1jsg
  • @Neoon said:

Not actually true.

I have 14 domains on their early adopter plan with all functionality (inc. geo, failover) and unlimited queries/records. They set this plan for all added and delegated domains before the end of the 2016 year (if I'm not mistaken). If you used one domain, you got one domain :)

Their new free plan doesn't include geo/failover and has limited functionality, so this is different things.

• @jsg said:

They have been on the market for a long time, I have been using them since 2014.
    Zilore has one of the fastest anycast DNS network in the world.
    Some verified reviews.

• @tetech said:
    But yes, a bit strange not to say anything about experience or credentials. I also find it strange that the free plan doesn't allow API access - I would think that from the provider's perspective 'free' is not just charity but is an opportunity for upsell, and who is going to really get hooked on the product without API access.

I think that their logic is this: if you need an API, then you have a more or less serious project that brings money, and you need a paid plan ;)

@Shurshuka said:

@Neoon said:

Not actually true.

I have 14 domains on their early adopter plan with all functionality (inc. geo, failover) and unlimited queries/records. They set this plan for all added and delegated domains before the end of the 2016 year (if I'm not mistaken). If you used one domain, you got one domain :)

Their new free plan doesn't include geo/failover and has limited functionality, so this is different things.

You have 1 domain + the domains you are using.
    If you for example got 2 domains, you delete the old one and add one, you are down to 1 domain.

As long, you do not touch anything its fine until you do.

• @Shurshuka said:

@tetech said:

I think that their logic is this: if you need an API, then you have a more or less serious project that brings money, and you need a paid plan ;)

You are probably right about the logic, and it is certainly up to them how to arrange their own plans. But from a customer's perspective, I'm looking for an easy way to scale once a project becomes serious. Going from no API to implementing an API is more difficult than integrating it up front and simply paying for extra lookups.

• @Neoon said:

Yes, it's true :neutral:

• So will they block me or what happens after 10M requests on free plan?

@bartholomew said:
    So will they block me or what happens after 10M requests on free plan?

They likely will bill you, with a golden invoice.

• @Neoon said:

United Kingdom != United States

• T&C

ZILORE LLC
    8 The Green, Suite 7633
    Dover, DE 19901, United States

https://icis.corp.delaware.gov/Ecorp/EntitySearch/NameSearch.aspx

• @bartholomew said:
    So will they block me or what happens after 10M requests on free plan?

I think you should text to them and ask all your questions :)

edited December 2019

@Shurshuka said:

@Neoon said:

Yea, someone digged up some info, I questioned it, since LLC as expected still a LLC in murica.

Sadly, we did not find the results until now.

• @Neoon said:

@Shurshuka said:

@Neoon said:

Yea, someone digged up some info, I questioned it, since LLC as expected still a LLC in murica.

Sadly, we did not find the results until now.

Mikhail Nasonov

See also https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/93869/free-geo-located-dns-hosting

• It looks like they changed the company origin country.
    It looks consciously as their prices are in US dollars and simpler to have a US company rather than a UK company in euros.

• Is the upgraded free DNS plan permanent or just for 1 year?

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

A Delaware company? Aren't most of those just "coats" for tax reasons?

What I was about is where their office is and from where they operate, not legally but factually.

• Nice website and pictures. Reminds me Russian tales.

• @Neoon said:

@Shurshuka said:

@Neoon said:

Not actually true.

If you for example got 2 domains, you delete the old one and add one, you are down to 1 domain.

Check your math.
    2-1+1=2. Sounds like you meant "got 2 domains, you delete old one and then can't add back another" to be "down to 1 domain".

@TimboJones said:

@Neoon said:

@Shurshuka said:

@Neoon said:

Not actually true.

Check your math.
    2-1+1=2. Sounds like you meant "got 2 domains, you delete old one and then can't add back another" to be "down to 1 domain".

Thanked by 1PUSHR_Victor
  • @Neoon said:

@Shurshuka said:

@Neoon said:

Not actually true.

Thanked by 2plumberg ariq01