Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Storage and SSD Black Friday Offers as low as 1$/month from servaRICA - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Storage and SSD Black Friday Offers as low as 1$/month from servaRICA

Comments

• @user123 said:

I thought there was a way to set up a permanent tunnel.

Wireguard is your friend :-)

• @rchurch said:
    Since I don't have IPv6 on my home network and my phone, I have to get an IPv4-IPv6 tunnel broker or whatever they are called.

Now how do I create one on my own VPS (Ipv6 enabled of course)

that what you get for trying to save money with IPv6 vps.

Thanked by 1webclouddev
  • @Chuck said:

@rchurch said:
    Since I don't have IPv6 on my home network and my phone, I have to get an IPv4-IPv6 tunnel broker or whatever they are called.

This gave me chuckle chuck , more cancellation incoming many people bought without checking ipv6 connectivity
    Check your home connection ipv6 support or first get ipv4 box than use this or use he.net ipv6 tunnel broker

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • OujiOuji Member
    edited December 2019

webclouddev said:

This gave me chuckle chuck , more cancellation incoming many people bought without checking ipv6 connectivity
    Check your home connection ipv6 support or first get ipv4 box than use this or use he.net ipv6 tunnel broker

If it's just for ssh, any other cheap vps with ipv6 would solve the issue. To actually upload files you got a bigger problem. I, myself, don't have ipv6 connectivity. But I bought it for backups.

• For my case, I will use some existing domain and create a subdomain, then use CloudFlare and install NextCloud and boom my personal cloud storage is ready accessible from IPv4

Thanked by 2user123 uptime
  • @alilet said:
    For my case, I will use some existing domain and create a subdomain, then use CloudFlare and install NextCloud and boom my personal cloud storage is ready accessible from IPv4

Is there a guide you would recommend for doing the reverse proxy/redirect/tunneling/whatever with Clouflare to go IPv4->IPv6?

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • I second that ^

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • I havent done it before but I believe CloudFlare supports both IPv4 and IPv6 so I will simply define my IPv6 IP in CF DNS and then site will be accessible from both IPv4 and IPV6.

For my own tunneling I will use he.net

Thanked by 1user123
  • rchurchrchurch Member
    edited December 2019

@Chuck said:

@rchurch said:

500Gb of storage makes it worthwhile. I mean, who offers storage at 500Gb/$1

I have been planning to get IPv6 running on all my devices, whether at home or in road warrior mode. Now I have reason to make sure the $12 was worthwhile.

Thanked by 1raynor
  • I ordered one but was canceled :/

• @dedicados said:
    I ordered one but was canceled :/

maybe @servarica_hani over estimated their available stock, speaking of stock any more left?.. :)

• @user123 said:

@alilet said:
    For my case, I will use some existing domain and create a subdomain, then use CloudFlare and install NextCloud and boom my personal cloud storage is ready accessible from IPv4

Is there a guide you would recommend for doing the reverse proxy/redirect/tunneling/whatever with Clouflare to go IPv4->IPv6?

All you need to do is create a subdomain in cloudflare with an AAAA record pointing to the IPv6 address and make sure the orange cloud is on.

• @dahartigan said:

@user123 said:

@alilet said:

All you need to do is create a subdomain in cloudflare with an AAAA record pointing to the IPv6 address and make sure the orange cloud is on.

Thanks! Is there any way to also make sure that there's a minimal chance of accidentally autoblocking myself with Cloudflare? I've never used CF before, but it looks like I should sign up. Also, does this kind of tunnelling support OpenVPN and similar things? :)

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited December 2019

@user123 said:

@dahartigan said:

@user123 said:

@alilet said:

Thanks! Is there any way to also make sure that there's a minimal chance of accidentally autoblocking myself with Cloudflare? I've never used CF before, but it looks like I should sign up. Also, does this kind of tunnelling support OpenVPN and similar things? :)

No worries :) I highly doubt you'll need to worry about getting yourself blocked, in fact, that's something I have never seen happen.

To keep it simple, let's just say that Cloudflare only supports websites, so anything on port 80 or 443 will be forwarded. You'll notice that SSH won't work, among most other things.

Cloudflare is only a website proxy. If you keep thinking "website" then it becomes less tempting to think about SSH, VPN, etc. which is not possible through normal means.

There are some ways to proxy a vpn through cloudflare, but it's not something I have personal experience with, so I wouldn't be much help there - but it does involve some advanced skills. Once you master the IPv6 with cloudflare trick, you'll "unlock" the next stages of what you can do ;)

• @user123

Yeah one thing I forgot to add which dahartigan mentioned is that CloudFlare only works on http and https protocols.

Which means for anything managing the server and initial setup like installing apache or nginx, installing mysql, setting up permissions, installing NextCloud, you will need to connect to SSH via IPv6.

Once everything is setup and NextCloud is working, you can simply use CloudFlare to connect to your NextCloud storage site and for that it doesnt matter your ISP supports IPv6 or not.

Thanked by 2user123 dahartigan
  • @alilet said:
    @user123

Yeah one thing I forgot to add which dahartigan mentioned is that CloudFlare only works on http and https protocols.

Which means for anything managing the server and initial setup like installing apache or nginx, installing mysql, setting up permissions, installing NextCloud, you will need to connect to SSH via IPv6.

Once everything is setup and NextCloud is working, you can simply use CloudFlare to connect to your NextCloud storage site and for that it doesnt matter your ISP supports IPv6 or not.

The easiest way to achieve this would be to use any other VPS that has both IPv4 and IPv6 and set it up from there, with SSH. When you're done setting it up, the rest of the nextCloud setup is done through the browser.

You can use VNC to access the server also, but I've never found a good way to copy/paste.

Another slightly more advanced* option would be using the ssh "jump host" flag, if you have another intermediary VPS like the one mentioned with a 4 and a 6 address. *advanced because you may need to edit the ssh config to allow forwarding like that.

• Thanks @dahartigan & @alilet!

@dahartigan said:

@alilet said:
    @user123

The easiest way to achieve this would be to use any other VPS that has both IPv4 and IPv6 and set it up from there, with SSH. When you're done setting it up, the rest of the nextCloud setup is done through the browser.

You can use VNC to access the server also, but I've never found a good way to copy/paste.

Another slightly more advanced* option would be using the ssh "jump host" flag, if you have another intermediary VPS like the one mentioned with a 4 and a 6 address. *advanced because you may need to edit the ssh config to allow forwarding like that.

Would standard SSH tunneling through a VPS that supports both IPv4 and IPv6 allow this or would I need to connect another way? I had forgotten about NextCloud, but you now make me excited to try using it on my Mouse :).

• user123 said: standard SSH tunneling through a VPS that supports both IPv4 and IPv6 allow this

Yes :)

Thanked by 1user123
  • Set up a openvpn with ipv6 forwarding is not that hard.
    Google it

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • missed again...the damn timezone, this restock is on morning 2:00 in my timezone, I'm in sleep :(

• @hotsnow said:
    missed again...the damn timezone, this restock is on morning 2:00 in my timezone, I'm in sleep :(

I also had to sleep in order to work the next day.

• @user123 said:
    Thanks @dahartigan & @alilet!

@dahartigan said:

@alilet said:
    @user123

Would standard SSH tunneling through a VPS that supports both IPv4 and IPv6 allow this or would I need to connect another way? I had forgotten about NextCloud, but you now make me excited to try using it on my Mouse :).

ssh tunneling can be done conveniently by using an .ssh/config file entry with a ProxyCommand directive - see this article for an example:

https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-unix-ssh-proxycommand-passing-through-one-host-gateway-server/

• @hotsnow said:
    missed again...the damn timezone, this restock is on morning 2:00 in my timezone, I'm in sleep :(

I wish I was “in sleep” right now :p anyways check out lowendstorage.win for more storage options

• @elliotc said:
    Set up a openvpn with ipv6 forwarding is not that hard.
    Google it

I use wireguard to connect the vps, and it flawless..

• servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider

@dedicados said:
    I ordered one but was canceled :/

Weird , unless you ordered from proxy we dont cancel orders
    Can you give me your order id or invoice id by pm
    I will check it for you

@chocolateshirt said:

@elliotc said:
    Set up a openvpn with ipv6 forwarding is not that hard.
    Google it

I use wireguard to connect the vps, and it flawless..

share the way please in our forum at forum.socheapvps.com for the users to see it

if anyone has tutorial or a way to do anything usefull using the vps please share the way in our forum

if there is enough tutorials and users started to get used to it maybe we can do more ipv6 offers as those offers save us on ipv4 pricing

Thanks

• @servarica_hani Hello, will you restock it? I didn't see it in CM.

• servarica_hani said: if there is enough tutorials and users started to get used to it maybe we can do more ipv6 offers as those offers save us on ipv4 pricing

mine just work with openvpn.

First, get the script and make it executable :

curl -O https://raw.githubusercontent.com/angristan/openvpn-install/master/openvpn-install.sh
    chmod +x openvpn-install.sh
    Then run it :

./openvpn-install.sh
    You need to run the script as root and have the TUN module enabled.

i tested on digitalocean and vultr server and it worked on both!

• Looks like the throughput speeds have kind of slowed to a crawl. Guess too many people signed up and took advantage of this.

• Everybody rushing to fill that storage with precious backups = bottleneck for a few days.