Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does php-friends really give dedicated 10gb RAM?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does php-friends really give dedicated 10gb RAM?

pkrpkr Member
edited November 2019 in Help

I found the following offer on php-friends's website. The deal is really very good. With this offer, they give 10gb RAM. Since I got screwed up by SSDNodes's fake RAM offer, I am a bit skeptical about offers with a huge amount of RAM. SSDNodes promises 8gb, 16gb, 24gb RAM, but in reality, you will not be allowed to use 3-4gb (at NY, Germany, TX data centers); your memory cache will be cleaned.
So, I want to know - does php-friends give dedicated RAM with the VPS?

Intel Xeon Gold 6140/6240
2 dedicated cores
10 GB of DDR4 RAM (ECC)
60 GB NVMe memory
1 GBit / s connection
Traffic for free
7,99 € including VAT

Comments

• wait until tomorrow and find out

@PHP_Friends

• @pkr said:
    I found the following offer on php-friends's website. The deal is really very good. With this offer, they give 10gb RAM. Since I got screwed up by SSDNodes's fake RAM offer, I am a bit skeptical about offers with a huge amount of RAM. SSDNodes promises 8gb, 16gb, 24gb RAM, but in reality, you will not be allowed to use 3-4gb (at NY, Germany, TX data centers); your memory cache will be cleaned.
    So, I want to know - does php-friends give dedicated RAM with the VPS?

Intel Xeon Gold 6140/6240
    2 dedicated cores
    10 GB of DDR4 RAM (ECC)
    60 GB NVMe memory
    1 GBit / s connection
    Traffic for free
    7,99 € including VAT

Many of us have had a VPS (or two) at PHP-Friends for a while, and I don't recall that anyone has complained about not being able to use all of their RAM. (In my use case -- mainly for compiling -- I admit that I under-use the RAM that I have.)

Given the good reputation that PHP-Friends have, if they're overselling RAM (I don't say that they are), they seem to be overselling RAM in a way that is not noticeable in practice.

In any case, at PHP-Friends, I really don't think that you would have the experience that you describe at SSDNodes.

• dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

@pkr said:
    [..] your memory cache will be cleaned.

Really? :D No, we don't do something like this. You can use your RAM at anytime and you can even benchmark it to prove that it's "real" RAM.

Some KVM providers leave a cache_drop cronjob in their templates, that's also something we don't. However, if you are not sure about our templates, you can install any OS from scratch via ISO.

Thanked by 2nulldev angstrom