Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[UltraVPS.eu] Black Friday Deals 2019 - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[UltraVPS.eu] Black Friday Deals 2019

Comments

• @angstrom said:

@webcraft said:
    Also their pd-admin software is a peace of crap. Can't even install it on my vps.

What software is this?

https://www.pd-admin.de/funktionen.php
    This one. Pretty much a Webspace Management Software like cPanel but a lot less features. Noticed last night that the full version comes along for free but didn't get to install it on a fresh CentOS7 as in the install instruction described. Tons of errors during install process and seems really old / not compatible with recent versions of libraries.

• OujiOuji Member
    edited November 2019

webcraft said: Servers great, software not. The Webinterface is not really good imo. Lots of site reloading, quite annoying on mobile. Also their pd-admin software is a peace of crap. Can't even install it on my vps. Love the availability of locations. ^^

Their webpanel is not very good, I agree. But it does it's job and I must say that I'm glad I've had no use for it at all in the last six months.

• @webcraft said:

@angstrom said:

@webcraft said:
    Also their pd-admin software is a peace of crap. Can't even install it on my vps.

What software is this?

This one. Pretty much a Webspace Management Software like cPanel but a lot less features. Noticed last night that the full version comes along for free but didn't get to install it on a fresh CentOS7 as in the install instruction described. Tons of errors during install process and seems really old / not compatible with recent versions of libraries.

I'm probably missing something: why do you say that pd-admin is "their" software?

(I mean, for the most part, software issues relating to applications and choice of OS are independent of any particular KVM VPS. But I'm probably missing something ...)

• @angstrom said:

@webcraft said:

@angstrom said:

@webcraft said:

What software is this?

I'm probably missing something: why do you say that pd-admin is "their" software?

(I mean, for the most part, software issues relating to applications and choice of OS are independent of any particular KVM VPS. But I'm probably missing something ...)

you misunderstood/mixed up his two complaints. one being the control panel from ultravps (not pd-admin at all) and the other being his inability to install pd-admin properly.

however ... people trying to manage a vps from their phone - 'nuff said.

Thanked by 2angstrom AlwaysSkint
  • My SAS-1 VPS come with /dev/vda 10GB and /dev/vdb 100GB. How can I change vda 100GB ?

• @sonic said:
    My SAS-1 VPS come with /dev/vda 10GB and /dev/vdb 100GB. How can I change vda 100GB ?

install from iso, use lvm to combine the drives. or simply mount it at proper place like /home or wherever you need the space...

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • @Falzo said:

@sonic said:
    My SAS-1 VPS come with /dev/vda 10GB and /dev/vdb 100GB. How can I change vda 100GB ?

install from iso, use lvm to combine the drives. or simply mount it at proper place like /home or wherever you need the space...

Could you please give me command to mount to /home .

root@v-1:~# df -h
    Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    udev 2.0G 0 2.0G 0% /dev
    tmpfs 395M 652K 394M 1% /run
    /dev/vda1 7.3G 1.3G 6.0G 18% /
    tmpfs 2.0G 0 2.0G 0% /dev/shm
    tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
    tmpfs 2.0G 0 2.0G 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
    /dev/vda15 105M 3.4M 102M 4% /boot/efi
    /dev/vdb 98G 61M 93G 1% /mnt
    tmpfs 395M 0 395M 0% /run/user/0

• @sonic said:

Did you change it succeed?

• @Ashin said:

@sonic said:

Did you change it succeed?

Not yet :D

• @sonic said:

hmm... I think you are onto a wrong way here if you don't even know how to handle mounts and to lazy to learn it by yourself ;-)
    I am afraid this it not going to end well and you'll blame the provider in the end.

however, I am not here to lecture.

umount /mnt && mount /dev/vdb /home

keep in mind that you should move the content of /home first, if there already is any.
    and you most likely want to read about how to make these changes permanent in fstab.

• sonic said: Could you please give me command to mount to /home .

This is another provider's KB article but it should give you basic idea. Don't just copy paste command but get a basic idea.

https://my.letbox.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&catid=2&id=57

Thanked by 2uptime Matt247
  • angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited November 2019

@Falzo said:

@angstrom said:

@webcraft said:

@angstrom said:

@webcraft said:

What software is this?

you misunderstood/mixed up his two complaints. one being the control panel from ultravps (not pd-admin at all) and the other being his inability to install pd-admin properly.

If I may say so, I don't think that I misunderstood/mixed up his complaints -- I was trying to separate them! :smile:

So, yes, thanks, as I suspected, the issue of pd-admin has nothing to do with UltraVPS per se.

• webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited November 2019

@angstrom said:

@webcraft said:

@angstrom said:

@webcraft said:

What software is this?

pd-admin is the software they deliver along with the vps in form of a full license. In-house development so practically "their" product.
    bk manager is their vps control panel, a different thing but also bad. However, not as bad as pd-admin.
    Biggest advantage imo of this provider is the vps itself and the support during business hours.

• dragon1993 said: Can you run me few speedtest-cli test or anyone NL location?

[yury@v-1 ~]$ speedtest-cli --server 2073
    Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
    Testing from Bradler & Krantz GmbH & Co. KG (185.45.114.195)...
    Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
    Retrieving information for the selected server...
    Hosted by Magyar Telekom Plc. (Budapest) [1146.24 km]: 57.485 ms
    Testing download speed................................................................................
    Download: 292.59 Mbit/s
    Testing upload speed......................................................................................................
    Upload: 9.94 Mbit/s

[yury@v-1 ~]$ speedtest-cli --server 9720
    Hosted by ZNET Telekom Zrt. (Gyor) [1047.60 km]: 42.637 ms
    Testing download speed................................................................................
    Download: 396.02 Mbit/s
    Testing upload speed......................................................................................................
    Upload: 217.49 Mbit/s

[yury@v-1 ~]$ speedtest-cli --server 8384
    Hosted by Tarr Ltd. (Zalaegerszeg) [1056.12 km]: 87.733 ms
    Download: 389.16 Mbit/s
    Upload: 212.63 Mbit/s

[yury@v-1 ~]$ speedtest-cli --server 3715
    Hosted by Digi Kft (Budapest) [1170.65 km]: 64.641 ms
    Download: 346.04 Mbit/s
    Upload: 200.61 Mbit/s

[yury@v-1 ~]$ speedtest-cli --server 1697
    Hosted by Telenor Hungary (Budapest) [1146.24 km]: 29.626 ms
    Download: 32.49 Mbit/s
    Upload: 218.07 Mbit/s

Thanked by 2dragon1993 uptime
  • shilenoshileno Member
    edited November 2019

@UltraVPS It would be great if you offered internal DirectAdmin licenses

• webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited November 2019

@shileno said:
    It would be great if you offered internal DirectAdmin licenses

pd-admin is called their alternative. You get a full license on every of their vps.

• Thank you @YGRIG
    Can i get someone test on DE location?

./speedtest-cli --server 2073
    ./speedtest-cli --server 9720
    ./speedtest-cli --server 8384
    ./speedtest-cli --server 3715
    ./speedtest-cli --server 1697

• bjobjo Member
    edited November 2019

I was also really impressed by the speeds @YGRIG
    And after ordering with the correct e-mailaddress I got the same IPv4 for my AMS-box as I head one year before :)
    Unfortunately I ordered a rsync.net account before, otherwise I would have also ordered a storage box.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

10 IPv6 addresses (from your own /64 IPv6 subnet)

Does that mean that each node is 'assigned' a /64 but only 10 is provided and usable?

• @thedp said:
    Does that mean that each node is 'assigned' a /64 but only 10 is provided and usable?

Unfortunately yes.

• UltraVPSUltraVPS Member, Patron Provider

robo502 said: How much it will cost me for an extra TB tranfer in Germany, Düsseldorf?

We offer addtional bandwidth 1.50 EUR per TB in DE and NL. Please drop us an email if you like to order an upgrade.

Thanked by 3Ouji uptime vimalware
  • @UltraVPS - Any chance of getting a free DA license on the NVME-Special-1 for Cyber Monday? :blush:

• UltraVPSUltraVPS Member, Patron Provider

shakensoul said: Any chance of getting a free DA license on the NVME-Special-1 for Cyber Monday?

I am sorry, we don't offer Direct Admin licenses.

• @UltraVPS Is this open for another 24hrs or just 2359 GMT Sunday?
    I'd like to sleep on it.

• @vimalware said:
    @UltraVPS Is this open for another 24hrs or just 2359 GMT Sunday?
    I'd like to sleep on it.

They say:

All special offers are valid for new orders until Monday, 2/12/2019.

In these parts, this would be understood as until the end of Monday (probably CET or UTC) unless otherwise qualified. (But, of course, only as long as supplies last. :smile: )

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • Does ending on Monday 02/12/2019 mean 02/12/2019 00:00 or 02/12/2019 23:59?

• @rchurch said:
    Does ending on Monday 02/12/2019 mean 02/12/2019 00:00 or 02/12/2019 23:59?

angstrom said: In these parts, this would be understood as until the end of Monday (probably CET or UTC) unless otherwise qualified.

Thanked by 1rchurch
  • What is the cost of additional IPs?

• @rchurch said:
    What is the cost of additional IPs?

As far as I know, they do not support additional IPs.

• I ordered an SAS-Special-1. It's just perfect. I/O is much better than I expected.

Thanked by 1UltraVPS