Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

    [SoyouStart] Black Friday now opened !
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

    [SoyouStart] Black Friday now opened !

    ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Provider
    edited November 27 in Offers

    Hey,

    We just launched So you Start black friday :)

    Until 3rd December 3PM (Paris timezone, GMT+1)

    Up to 40% off on 3 special SYS servers made for the event.

    Recurring offer, no setup fees if 6/12 months commitment

    https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/essential-servers/
    https://www.soyoustart.com/us/

    (@nekki will it be possible to tag it black friday tomorrow ?)

    Offers

    SYS-BF-1
    Intel Xeon D-1520 (4c / 8t @ 2.2GHz / 2.6GHz)
    32GB DDR4 ECC 2133Mhz
    SoftRAID 4x2TB SATA
    49.99
    €29.99 ex. VAT (40% off)

    Available in FR / DE / PL / UK / CA datacenters


    SYS-BF-2
    Intel Xeon E5-1620v2 (4c / 8t @3.7GHz / 3.9GHz)
    32GB DDR3 1333Mhz
    SoftRAID 3x480GB SSD
    49.99
    €34.99 ex. VAT (30% off)

    Available in FR / CA datacenters


    SYS-BF-3
    Intel Xeon E3-1245v2 (4c / 8t @ 3.4GHz / 3.8GHz)
    32GB DDR3 1333Mhz
    SoftRAID 2x2TB SATA
    +SoftRAID 2x480GB SSD
    49.99
    €34.99 ex. VAT (30% off)

    Available in FR / CA datacenters

    Cheers

    OVH - Dedicated Servers / Cloud

    «1

    Comments

    • pincpinc Member
      edited November 27

      edited setup fee comment

      Thanked by 1limited
    • NekkiNekki Moderator

      @ninzo59 sure, we’ll get you hooked up.

      Hell of a deal on that first server, great job.

      Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

    • Don't need that, but congrats for a nice deal, @ninzo59 !

      don't buy what you don't need: you'll save money and will end up able to grab a quality VPS when really needed.

    • SYS-BF-1 is very nice.

      Thanked by 1poisson

      Zhujiwiki - VPS offer / dedicated servers offer Info
      My Twitter: https://twitter.com/guonning2000 | Telagram Discuss:https://t.me/zhujiwiki

    • So I bought one of each in France.

      SYS-BF-1 seems to be the best one out of the lot. 1 year old drives and the latest hardware. (Ordered in GRA)

      SYS-BF-2 SSDs seem to be running SATA 2 mode (3Gb/s), hence the max speed of each SSD (sequential) is 275MB/s (Ordered in RBX)
      SATA Version is: SATA 2.6, 6.0 Gb/s (current: 3.0 Gb/s)

      SYS-BF-3 Disks are super old. Both HDDs are over 5 years old and one has errors. One of the SSDs also came with bad sectors. Seems like they pulled out hardware out of the recycling bin for this model. This server also came with a Realtek network card which gave me a lot of grief in Debian 9/10.
      Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller

      SYS-BF-1 is a clear winner with a lot of choices for datacenters.

    • I just realized that the BF-3 has both HDD and SSD ... this is interesting.

      Good Night and Good Luck :sleeping:

    • KodisKodis Member
      edited November 27

      sad there is no ssd option for SYS-BF-1

      Thanked by 1datanoise
    • This post definitely woke me up.

      signature for rent - ^_^

    • stysty Member

      No ecc-ram for the SYS-BF-3? :neutral:

    • @mrclown said:
      This post definitely woke me up.

      luckily I spent my budget.. or I might do impulsive things

      Avoid scams and stay updated with legitimate great deals: LowEndBoxes Review | The LEBRE Whitelist of non-scammy hosts | Pending whitelist: Evolution-Host, Bandit Host, HostSlick

    • Fortunately not lowend enough, for me.

      Support open-source, go on, you know you want to.

      Long live LowEndInfo.com

    • If you want to become rich and become the richest person in lowendtalk, please open Alipay and WeChat Pay. Please believe in the power of the Chinese and the power of ddos protection. Beating AWS and Alibaba Cloud is just around the corner.

    • mrclownmrclown Member
      edited November 27

      @sunnyg said:
      So I bought one of each in France.

      SYS-BF-1 seems to be the best one out of the lot. 1 year old drives and the latest hardware. (Ordered in GRA)

      SYS-BF-2 SSDs seem to be running SATA 2 mode (3Gb/s), hence the max speed of each SSD (sequential) is 275MB/s (Ordered in RBX)
      SATA Version is: SATA 2.6, 6.0 Gb/s (current: 3.0 Gb/s)

      SYS-BF-3 Disks are super old. Both HDDs are over 5 years old and one has errors. One of the SSDs also came with bad sectors. Seems like they pulled out hardware out of the recycling bin for this model. This server also came with a Realtek network card which gave me a lot of grief in Debian 9/10.
      Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller

      SYS-BF-1 is a clear winner with a lot of choices for datacenters.

      Good review, I think also depends on location. I am having problem with SYS-BF-1 at LON. Unreachable after a while and had to force reboot again. On top: 2 HDDs are very old (3-4 years old), 2 drives are just fresh like (<200 hours old).

      signature for rent - ^_^

    • Have not use Dxxxx cpu before, is it good?

      Coffee, please.

    • vishvish Member

      Looks like its going to be another year of mediocre BF deals. My wallet is safe :wink:

      Thanked by 1t0ny0
    • NekkiNekki Moderator

      Do want, do want so bad, this is right in the sweet spot for me, but damn those setup fees wreck my boner something wicked.

      Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

    • ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Provider

      @Nekki said:
      Do want, do want so bad, this is right in the sweet spot for me, but damn those setup fees wreck my boner something wicked.

      Take it at least 6 months, you won't have any :D

      OVH - Dedicated Servers / Cloud

    • No kimsufi Black Friday offers?

    • dfroedfroe Member, Provider
      edited November 27

      I agree about the comments regarding SYS-BF-1.
      Especially location Limburg (DE) seems attractive.

      Given a 30 EUR budget, I coud keep these two boxes:

      1) Online.net Xeon L3426, 16 GB RAM, 2x 2 TB HDD with more or less Gbit/s
      2) HostHatch Storage VPS with 6 TB and most of the time more than Gbit/s

      or merge them into one SYS-BF-1 with 32 GB RAM, 4x 2 TB HDD and only 250 Mbit/s
      resulting in slightly less storage but on a potentially more reliable (but significantly slower) network.

      What exactly is the current bandwidth policy for SYS-BF-1 in DE?
      The website mentions 250 Mbit/s but I heard others mentioning 500 Mbit/s out and 1 Gbit/s in for some OVH servers.

      IT-Service David Froehlich | Individual network and hosting solutions | AS39083 | RIPE LIR services (IPv4, IPv6, ASN)

    • ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Provider

      @boernd said:
      No kimsufi Black Friday offers?

      Not planned. Sorry.

      OVH - Dedicated Servers / Cloud

    • ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Provider

      @dfroe said:
      I agree about the comments regarding SYS-BF-1.
      Especially location Limburg (DE) seems attractive.

      Given a 30 EUR budget, I coud keep these two boxes:

      1) Online.net Xeon L3426, 16 GB RAM, 2x 2 TB HDD with more or less Gbit/s
      2) HostHatch Storage VPS with 6 TB and most of the time more than Gbit/s

      or merge them into one SYS-BF-1 with 32 GB RAM, 4x 2 TB HDD and only 250 Mbit/s
      resulting in slightly less storage but on a potentially more reliable (but significantly slower) network.

      What exactly is the current bandwidth policy for SYS-BF-1 in DE?
      The website mentions 250 Mbit/s but I heard others mentioning 500 Mbit/s out and 1 Gbit/s in for some OVH servers.

      It's 250 mbps. 500 Mbps / 1 Gbps are available on OVH Brand. There is another thread with OVH offers :)

      Thanked by 1dfroe

      OVH - Dedicated Servers / Cloud

    • dfroedfroe Member, Provider

      @ninzo59, thanks for clarifying.
      I think then I'll skip this year and stick to my existing gear.
      Nevertheless, good offer for those who are searching.
      I personally also agree with the setup fee for contracts less than 6 months to target long-term contracts.

      IT-Service David Froehlich | Individual network and hosting solutions | AS39083 | RIPE LIR services (IPv4, IPv6, ASN)

    • NekkiNekki Moderator

      @ninzo59 said:

      @Nekki said:
      Do want, do want so bad, this is right in the sweet spot for me, but damn those setup fees wreck my boner something wicked.

      Take it at least 6 months, you won't have any :D

      And blow my BF budget two days early?

      Am tempted though. Could chop in my Hetzner beast.

      Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

    • webbynetwebbynet Member
      edited November 27

      @ninzo59 How long it takes to activate SYS server? The order form showed 120s, but my order is pending for more than 3 hours

    • ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Provider

      @webbynet said:
      @ninzo59 How long it takes to activate SYS server? The order form showed 120s, but my order is pending for more than 3 hours

      Randomly, there is manual check (fraud & others stuff). If you still have issues by tomorrow maximum I will ask to unblock this.

      OVH - Dedicated Servers / Cloud

    • NekkiNekki Moderator

      Price is less in £, send help.

      @ninzo59 is there plenty of stock in UK?

      Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

    • ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Provider

      @Nekki said:
      Price is less in £, send help.

      @ninzo59 is there plenty of stock in UK?

      less than 100 on BF 1 UK

      OVH - Dedicated Servers / Cloud

    • NekkiNekki Moderator

      @ninzo59 said:

      @Nekki said:
      Price is less in £, send help.

      @ninzo59 is there plenty of stock in UK?

      less than 100 on BF 1 UK

      Fuuuuuuuuu

      Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

    • dfroedfroe Member, Provider

      @Nekki said:

      @ninzo59 sai
      less than 100 on BF 1 UK

      Fuuuuuuuuu

      How much storage do you need?! :open_mouth: :lol:

      IT-Service David Froehlich | Individual network and hosting solutions | AS39083 | RIPE LIR services (IPv4, IPv6, ASN)

    • NekkiNekki Moderator

      @dfroe said:

      @Nekki said:

      @ninzo59 sai
      less than 100 on BF 1 UK

      Fuuuuuuuuu

      How much storage do you need?! :open_mouth: :lol:

      Lots. :lol:

      I would chop in the 24TB Hetzner beast for this though. That will bring me down to about 30TB total.

      Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

    • ulayerulayer Member, Provider

      @ninzo59 are the drives in SYS-BF-1 hotswap?

      Universal Layer LLC, a privacy conscious hosting provider
      Check us out @ ulayer.net / twitter.com/ulayer_net

    • @ninzo59 said:

      @Nekki said:
      Price is less in £, send help.

      @ninzo59 is there plenty of stock in UK?

      less than 100 on BF 1 UK

      How about BHS? Plenty of stock?

    • LeeLee Member

      Nekki said: And blow my BF budget two days early?

      You're always blowing something early, get in there.

      Thanked by 2TimboJones poisson

      It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt

    • NekkiNekki Moderator

      @Lee said:

      Nekki said: And blow my BF budget two days early?

      You're always blowing something early, get in there.

      You know me so well.

      Thanked by 1Lee

      Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

    • LeeLee Member

      I mean I am so tempted too, the only thing holding me back is that its OVH and if the server went down I would have to wait a week* for them to do something about it.

      *yes, personal experience.

      Thanked by 1vimalware

      It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt

    • NekkiNekki Moderator

      Wad blown.

      Wish me luck boys, this is going to be a bumpy BF/CM weekend after a start like this.

      Thanked by 2datanoise Lee

      Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

    • NekkiNekki Moderator

      Shit.

      OVH LTD - https://www.soyoustart.com/en
      6 London House
      LONDON
      EC3R 7LP
      
      
      
      Dear Customer,
      
        We would like to thank you for choosing an OVH dedicated server. 
      
      
      You can now go to your control panel to install your choice of operating system. 
      
         https://eu.soyoustart.com/manager/
      
      
      
      Kind regards,
      
      SoYouStart.co.uk Customer Service
      Contact: https://www.soyoustart.com/en
      Mon-Fri from 9am to 6pm
      
      Thanked by 2poisson Trav

      Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

    • Lee said: if the server went down I would have to wait a week* for them to do something about it.

      Had a KS (CA) server going down, they were very, very fast in detecting that something was wrong and fixing it. I guess YMMV.

      don't buy what you don't need: you'll save money and will end up able to grab a quality VPS when really needed.

    • LeeLee Member

      Nekki said: Wad blown.

      Good man, I mean I am tempted still, for the sake of £30 a month, its nothing for the spec of it.

      It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt

    • @Lee if it's any consolation, I had a Kimsufi drive swapped in <30 mins earlier this year.

      I don't NEED the 4x2T offer, but I want it... Gotta see what else I can get rid of.

      Thanked by 2Lee poisson

      🐴 Recommended: $20/yr 512MB KVM - Unmetered bandwidth. $5/TB Block Storage - from BuyVM (aff)

    • Harambe said: I don't NEED the 4x2T offer, but I want it

      This is exactly how we've all evolved to become such masterful idlers...

      Thanked by 2Harambe poisson
    • NekkiNekki Moderator

      Lee said: Good man, I mean I am tempted still, for the sake of £30 a month, its nothing for the spec of it.

      Anything under £35 inc VAT for 8TB of storage is nuts really.

      Considering going back for a second one in France and finally killing off the KS flash sale specials.

      Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

    • LeeLee Member

      Nekki said: Anything under £35 inc VAT for 8TB of storage and in the UK is nuts really.

      FTFY

      Thanked by 1Nekki

      It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt

    • LeeLee Member

      Fuck it, if it was France I would have passed, but as it is the UK. Just had it delivered. I accepted the setup fee though if it's shit I will take the hit, if not well I will have it for a while so don't care.

      Thanked by 1Nekki

      It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt

    • NekkiNekki Moderator

      I’m not doing France, got a feeling there will be other goodies over the coming days.

      Thanked by 1Lee

      Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

    • poissonpoisson Member
      edited November 27

      @Harambe said:
      I don't NEED the 4x2T offer, but I want it... Gotta see what else I can get rid of.

      When you see stuff like this, the brain goes into "Well I could use this deal for this and for that.." but it never happens in the end after excitedly benchmarking it the first week.

      Avoid scams and stay updated with legitimate great deals: LowEndBoxes Review | The LEBRE Whitelist of non-scammy hosts | Pending whitelist: Evolution-Host, Bandit Host, HostSlick

    • OujiOuji Member

      poisson said:

      When you see stuff like this, the brain goes into "Well I could use this deal for this and for that.." but it never happens in the end after excitedly benchmarking it the first week.

      Exactly. I know there is an idler nature in every LET member, but there only so much my pocket can afford. I already dropped a few offers I got earlier this year and I might drop some more to make room for BF.

      Thanked by 1datanoise
    • I have an existing box that expires soon and I was wondering if you could apply the BF pricing to my renewal instead of me buying a new box with the same specs? love SYS @ninzo59

    • ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Provider

      @venial said:
      I have an existing box that expires soon and I was wondering if you could apply the BF pricing to my renewal instead of me buying a new box with the same specs? love SYS @ninzo59

      Hello, unfortunately you would have to buy a new one to get this price.

      OVH - Dedicated Servers / Cloud

    • @ninzo59 is it possible to get SYS-BF-1 with 2x480GB SSD instead of SoftRAID 4x2TB SATA? :)
      And who has Poland location, what about speed?

    Sign In or Register to comment.