Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DDoS Protection recommendations
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DDoS Protection recommendations

i setup VPNs for gamers and im looking for a provider with locations close to arizona. alot of customers suffer attack that have so far only been handled by OVH, or Nfoservers (specifically the Chicago location). i've tried Voxility (los angeles) and attacks that ovh and nfoservers can handle voxility cannot . i've heard nothing but good things about them so was curious if theres something wrong on my end. or if anyone could simply recommend some better hosting that is closer to arizona.

Comments

• avoid ColoCrossing

• @tgl said:
    avoid ColoCrossing

The current provider i have voxility from the servers main IP is colocrossing. :(

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited November 2019

BuyVM is using https://www.cloudflare.com/magic-transit/ for their servers.

Its pretty good for VPN's now that they ditched Voxility.

@Francisco

Thanked by 1antiddos
  • @stefeman said:
    BuyVM is using https://www.cloudflare.com/magic-transit/ for their servers.

Its pretty good for VPN's now that they ditched Voxility.

@Francisco

that sounds promising.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@rahulks thanks for the mention

We operate 2 networks with PoPs in L.A which is pretty close to Arizona.

• @SplitIce said:
    @rahulks thanks for the mention

We operate 2 networks with PoPs in L.A which is pretty close to Arizona.

How well do they handle ddos attacks? I current have 1 VPS with virmach and and I'm unable to use the server as a vpn during attacks ( cant even ssh) but my server from ovh aswell as my nfo in the Chicago location handles it no issue.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

Err, Verry well. We mitigate multiple attacks per day w/o issues.

• @SplitIce said:
    Err, Verry well. We mitigate multiple attacks per day w/o issues.

seems good to me. I'll private message you.

• I'm also looking for an OVH Game VPS reseller. if anyone has this service LMK. (cannot buy from extraVM apparently a military ID isn't enough).

• @antiddos said:
    I'm also looking for an OVH Game VPS reseller. if anyone has this service LMK. (cannot buy from extraVM apparently a military ID isn't enough).

@MikeA

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2019

@Gravely said:

@antiddos said:
    I'm also looking for an OVH Game VPS reseller. if anyone has this service LMK. (cannot buy from extraVM apparently a military ID isn't enough).

@MikeA

He was originally manually checked because some of his information is similar with others who've been kicked from my service, I'm sure it is a coincidence, so he can pay with another method to complete a different verification method if he wants. Military ID provides no information.

Separately, it's unlikely I'm a good fit for him anyway. While I do use OVH Game for many of the VPS locations, protecting VPNs isn't supported (if someones VPN is attracting dozens of attacks that are constantly bypasses, I can't allow it) and offering public VPNs = termination (this can be selling for profit, sharing VPN access, or reselling VPS for use for VPNs.)

TL;DR Don't use ExtraVM for Xbox/Playstation VPNs unless you know what you're doing and it's private.

• EvolutionHostEvolutionHost Member, Host Rep

@antiddos said:

https://evolution-host.com/vps-game.php

• @antiddos said:

Try autovm.com they resell voxility and OVH Game.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

What's the size of the attack? Any idea?