Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is Semi-Managed?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is Semi-Managed?

edited February 2012 in General

We offer semi-managed virtual servers. As do many other VPS providers. In your opinion, what does semi-managed mean? What would you expect the provider to offer you?

I consider semi-managed between Un-managed (self-managed) and Fully Managed, the provider will help you install operating systems, use the control panel, install cPanel (or similar software if they offer the licenses), etc.

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• Semi-Managed is best described as providing assistance for a specific, stated group of software. IE - "We'll help you with cPanel, Kloxo, etc, but you're on your own for your php websites or wordpress."

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2012

That term is subjective, unless it's explained in exact details I wouldn't go for it. Well I wouldn't go for it anyways because it's a waste of money when I can do it all myself. Most people who buy Low End Box's are familliar with Linux therefore should have no need for managed servers [yeah, there will always be the dumb few..]. Managed servers would usually bring the price point up too.

Thanked by 1EricCubixCloud
  • You should clearly state what you will/will not do on your site since the term varies so much host to host, and client to client.

Thanked by 1EricCubixCloud
  • Great comments & thoughts guys. I agree!