Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap cloud hosting for WP video site. "Unlimited" storage needed.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap cloud hosting for WP video site. "Unlimited" storage needed.

Whats good hosting for WP and video uploads?

Comments

• S3-compatible storage + CDN

• Sofia_KSofia_K Member
    edited November 2019

There's no unlimited storage! BUT
    try ramnode cloud for WP, and host the videos on s3/blackbaze storage.
    Also, You can also try buyvm slice and host the videos on their slabs a.ka. storage. That would be more economical than amazon/google cloud. You can get 10TB slabs and you can add more with additional VMs.

• most unlimited storage hosting's TOS will deny such usage

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@xaos said:
    Whats good hosting for WP and video uploads?

There's nothing called unlimited. Every machine has their limits.

You should provide your budget here so LET members can suggest you something good and suitable for your needs.

I would recommend you to use a dedicated server instead of VPS if you want to host those files directly in your server. The more your site grows you can add more servers

• in this ephemeral world, there is no term "unlimited"...
    don't believe them

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep
    edited November 2019

There is none, host your site on a shared hosting server, then host your videos on a BunnyCDN or S3

• @Sofia_K said:
    There's no unlimited storage! BUT
    try ramnode cloud for WP, and host the videos on s3/blackbaze storage.
    Also, You can also try buyvm slice and host the videos on their slabs a.ka. storage. That would be more economical than amazon/google cloud. You can get 10TB slabs and you can add more with additional VMs.

Slabs looks like a deal. buyvm interesting will look in to it

• If you are looking to upload 500gb-1tb video file size, I suggest uploading it directly to the server or s3 compatible client software rather than using any WP plugin.

If you need FFMPEG and trying to convert that large file then you are asking for trouble from the provider unless you get huge server/VPS with dedicated cores. Better yet grab a dedi and use S3 storage. Slabs are good but IMHO its not for storing static files like video or other media. Slabs are good for non-critical like cache files, backups or other archives.

Losing 1TB files due to hardware failure or raid failure is a pain.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I once had ~220GB on Dreamhost of legitimate, non-copyrighted digital audio files and other content. They didn't bat an eye.

Another guy on WHT once said he had over 1TB. It was hilarious because he was paying $8.95/mo and asking if there was anyone cheaper and the board was falling over themselves calling him an idiot.

I had a great experience at Dreamhost back when I had more sites I was hosting. But everything I did there was 100% legit in terms of copyright and all of that was web-facing...I was not trying to store backups there or anything like that. I also did not have high-traffic (these were family photo albums, Old Time Radio mp3s, a few public domain shows I archived, etc.)

https://www.dreamhost.com/legal/unlimited-policy/

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @raindog308 said:
    I once had ~220GB on Dreamhost of legitimate, non-copyrighted digital audio files and other content. They didn't bat an eye.

Another guy on WHT once said he had over 1TB. It was hilarious because he was paying $8.95/mo and asking if there was anyone cheaper and the board was falling over themselves calling him an idiot.

I had a great experience at Dreamhost back when I had more sites I was hosting. But everything I did there was 100% legit in terms of copyright and all of that was web-facing...I was not trying to store backups there or anything like that. I also did not have high-traffic (these were family photo albums, Old Time Radio mp3s, a few public domain shows I archived, etc.)

True! I had ~ 500GB video files on Dreamhost shared hosting, no problem so far!

• Try cloud vps + block storage or object storage + cdn.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@raindog308 said:

Most of the Anime IRC groups used dreamhost for their XDCC/file serving bots.

You'd see people with 8 - 10 bots, all on different nodes, feeding hundreds of GB.

Then there was the great purge, blowing all of that offline.

Francisco

• Whats the price for Unlimited

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@zhfreal said:
    Whats the price for Unlimited

Thanks for your comment.

• donlidonli Member
    edited November 2019

How much "unlimited" storage do you need to use?

• @zhfreal said:

• @zhfreal said:

Again there's no such thing. Read the fine prints of the provider for their unlimited policy.

Most that offer so called "unlimited" is bait. Then you switch.

• @cazrz said:

@zhfreal said:

Again there's no such thing. Read the fine prints of the provider for their unlimited policy.

Most that offer so called "unlimited" is bait. Then you switch.

Thats what i wanna to say

• Thats why i put unlimited in ""

• Throwing this out there as an option - in fact - this product is for this purpose.

Bigstorage Hosting

Domain Unlimited
    Subdomains Unlimited
    Parked domains Unlimited
    FTP Accounts Unlimited
    Storage 2TB
    Email accounts Unlimited
    Unmetered Bandwidth
    Free SSL
    LVE Specifications
    SPEED=200%
    PMEM=3GB