Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help. Service is stopped.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help. Service is stopped.

Hello, I have a Apache Karaf wrapper service running on centos 6. Past 2 days, the service stops automatically (atleast that's what I see). How can I find out what is the reason for this? Is it killed by os or something? It's a dedicated server.

Any suggestions how to identify the root cause why or how did the service stop?

Thanks

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

What's in the logs?

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • @thedp said:
    What's in the logs?

Nothing is in the Apache karaf logs. How to see the system is logs and find out?

• @plumberg said:

@thedp said:
    What's in the logs?

Nothing is in the Apache karaf logs. How to see the system is logs and find out?

You have a dedicated server and don't know that?

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited November 2019

hello @plumberg

As root, type dmesg

Also might poke around in various subdirectories of /var/log - might use the find command to list recently created or modified files

For general purpose simple monitoring of system resources, install the atop utility. By default it should record a summary of stats about memory, cpu, disk i/o, network etc every 10 minutes.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • @tetech said:

@plumberg said:

@thedp said:
    What's in the logs?

You have a dedicated server and don't know that?

Well not my personal. It's a work server. The monitoring team notified me of service down. None of us in my team are sysadmin here, mainly developer. So we try to help in whatever ways we can. Thnx

• @uptime said:
    hello @plumberg

As root, type dmesg

Also might poke around in various subdirectories of /var/log - might use the find command to list recently created or modified files

For general purpose simple monitoring of system resources, install the atop utility. By default it should record a summary of stats about memory, cpu, disk i/o, network etc every 10 minutes.

Sure thing. Thanks will try dmesg and poke around the logs folder. Anything else one may check? Thnx

• Possibly also the journalctl command could help find log messages from service failure - the exact invocation would depend on the name of the service (as per the systemd unit) so you'll have to figure those details out for your setup

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • @uptime said:
    Possibly also the journalctl command could help find log messages from service failure - the exact invocation would depend on the name of the service (as per the systemd unit) so you'll have to figure those details out for your setup

Thnx. Looks like that's not available in centos6...

Thanked by 1uptime