Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

high bandwidth VPS for VPN
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

high bandwidth VPS for VPN

fuzhyperbluefuzhyperblue Member
edited November 2019 in Requests

Hi, I read the rules and already searched but all related offers are outdated.

• I need a personal VPN for myself, my staff at office and my family.

• I want to have a VPS and operate getoutline.org + openvpn (as backup, because outline is beta-ish)

• reason: several critical websites we use daily are blocked in Turkey (imgur, wikipedia, etc) also our ISP likes to inject ads into http connections. I use Pi-hole to bypass this, but they sometimes manage to get around. even desktop instagram sometimes fails to load because they have an agreement with instagram and display their own ads first. Pihole reports %20 bandwidth is lost because of ads, if they were not blocked. But, Pihole also blocks the ad services we need to operate our business, so I want to ditch Pihole.

• almost all commercial vpn companies are blocked or going to be blocked. hma is blocked for example, nordvpn is working but god knows how long? also, they have device limits.

• no illegal activities (already have a seedbox for these :)

• will be used by around 15 people daily, so, 1gbit connection and 10TB bandwidth is needed.

• want to be able to purchase or upgrade to additional bandwidth, or connection may be slowed down to 100mbit after 10TB limit is reached.

• I am already testing this operation on aruba small vps since 1 year, and paying 1 euro (last years black friday deal) for 1tb bandwidth. so I know what I exactly need.

• want to be as cheap as possible, so low disk low ram low cpu is ok, ssh console needed.

• dedicated static IP4 please, not shared with other people. (want to be able to browse private membership sites + rdp whitelist for our client servers)

Since its black friday time again, I think I may be able to find something.

Right now, closest deal I found skb-enterprise but 1gbit upgrade is expensive (12.5 euro) because its unmetered. justvps is another option, again expensive at 16 usd.

Comments

• hetzner cloud by @Hetzner_OL
    Buyvm by @Francisco

I'm sure @LiteServer can also hook you up with something

• What i am asking me: Does Oracle Always Free Instance work for this?

• @Babynemo said:
    What i am asking me: Does Oracle Always Free Instance work for this?

it works but for 40-50 mbit, so yes but no :)

Thanked by 1Babynemo
  • @Francisco I think your company is buyvm, is it ok that I message you about my request?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@fuzhyperblue said:
    @Francisco I think your company is buyvm, is it ok that I message you about my request?

Go for it.

Francisco

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2019

Contact me with the specs you need, budget and if you want a Monthly/yearly deal - maybe i can do something.

• Hetzner CX11 will be the cheapest and easiest option for you, tho BuyVM is also quality potassium, of course.

Thanked by 2Francisco Hetzner_OL
  • @AC_Fan said:
    Hetzner CX11 will be the cheapest and easiest option for you, tho BuyVM is also quality potassium, of course.

I read many good reviews but there are some bad ones about hetzner that rules are a bit harsh, they require photo ID which is ok but sometimes they dont approve for no reason and you just wait forever. also, plans are not upgradeable.

• fuzhyperblue said: I read many good reviews but there are some bad ones about hetzner that rules are a bit harsh, they require photo ID which is ok but sometimes they dont approve for no reason and you just wait forever. also, plans are not upgradeable

My photo ID was approved in 10 minutes. Seriously.

• @Ouji said:

fuzhyperblue said: I read many good reviews but there are some bad ones about hetzner that rules are a bit harsh, they require photo ID which is ok but sometimes they dont approve for no reason and you just wait forever. also, plans are not upgradeable

My photo ID was approved in 10 minutes. Seriously.

well, that is probably true, also hetzner is cheap yes, but I truly prefer being a mid-level customer for a mid-level company instead of tiny customer of a giant company.

• fuzhyperblue said: well, that is probably true, also hetzner is cheap yes, but I truly prefer being a mid-level customer for a mid-level company instead of tiny customer of a giant company.

While I see where you coming from, Hetzner treats with customers very very well. It's always on the top 3 customer preference on LET because of that.

And they have a representative here whom you can talk to @Hetzner_OL

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @Ouji said:

fuzhyperblue said: well, that is probably true, also hetzner is cheap yes, but I truly prefer being a mid-level customer for a mid-level company instead of tiny customer of a giant company.

While I see where you coming from, Hetzner treats with customers very very well. It's always on the top 3 customer preference on LET because of that.

And they have a representative here whom you can talk to @Hetzner_OL

Well, @HostSlick responded very quickly, took their time and build custom server which is upgradeable, made a price quote. that kind of quick approach is very valuable for me, even though hetzner is cheaper I am a man of my word, I made a deal with HostSlick, wont go back.

• @fuzhyperblue plans are not upgradeable.

It's is and they are great ,just in case you wanted to try them in the future

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@ouji - Thanks for the shout out. :)

fuzhyperblue said: even though hetzner is cheaper I am a man of my word, I made a deal with HostSlick, wont go back.

That's respectable. We also understand that we can't be everything to everyone. I'm glad that you found a hoster who you're happy with. :) --Katie

Thanked by 1Ouji