Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Error establishing a database connection for only one wordpress blog
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Error establishing a database connection for only one wordpress blog

I have a shared webhosting account with a number of wordpress blogs installed
I am getting the error
Error establishing a database connection
for only one wordpress blog
The error log is showing
[19-Nov-2019 UTC] PHP Warning: Error while sending QUERY packet. PID=1008083 in /home//.org/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1924
All other wordpress blogs are functioning OK
what could be the reason for the Error establishing a database connection for only one wordpress blog

Comments

• Try downgrading your php version. In my experience, its just a plugin that doesn't support newer php. Try php 7.0 or even 5.6.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@niche you might of hit your shared hosting resource limit. Have you got enough space left? That error normally means it hasn't got resources to continue.

• @Jord said:
    @niche you might of hit your shared hosting resource limit. Have you got enough space left? That error normally means it hasn't got resources to continue.

This if its shared hosting you can check your db disk space

• have you tried fixing or deleting corrupted files? sometimes that helps

• mysql version should lower than 5.5,use cache,and set swap .

@zht5178 said:
    mysql version should lower than 5.5,use cache,and set swap .

Congrats on your first post

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • Another possibility is a plugin that is not playing nice. If you have access to WP Dashboard (or ssh/ folder access via DA/CP..) Try disabling all plugins, then check if the error goes away or not. It the page loads, the root cause of the DB connection error is a plugin. Next, enable the plugins one by one and hit refresh after each - on a separate tab. Painful if you have 20 plus plugins though.

edited November 2019

@vyas11 said:
    Another possibility is a plugin that is not playing nice. If you have access to WP Dashboard (or ssh/ folder access via DA/CP..) Try disabling all plugins, then check if the error goes away or not. It the page loads, the root cause of the DB connection error is a plugin. Next, enable the plugins one by one and hit refresh after each - on a separate tab. Painful if you have 20 plus plugins though.

Or 100

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2019

@Jord said:

Or 100

Did you time travel and check my WP Dashboard from 2015?

Thanked by 1Jord
  • MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

First thing to check is whether the database exists, and its username and password are correct.

Are all WordPress installations identical? Up to date?

@vyas11 said:

@Jord said:

Or 100

Did you time travel and check my WP Dashboard from 2015?

Dammit, you got me! Yes, I have a time machine.....

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • Dr. Who @jord

Thanked by 1Jord
  • I usually do not use any plugins for my wordpress blogs