Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday / Cyber Monday Offers on LEB - Get Featured! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday / Cyber Monday Offers on LEB - Get Featured!

Comments

• I am one of the victim of LEB, got a vps from HiFormance System promoted by CC/LEB, I lost little, negligible money USD. I didn't feel for money, the feeling of got cheated is still within me. Over the year, I learned few good hosts, I try to stick with them.

Thanked by 2dahartigan kkrajk
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

t0ny0 said: None of the LEB crap affects me, aside from learning to never ever ever EVER EVER trust a host that provides services by ColoCrossing.

Why is that?

Thanked by 1MrH
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Here we go..

• yeah @t0ny0, why is THAT?!

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited November 2019

@jbiloh said:
    Why is that?

I guess it's due to CC's extremely selective perception and utter ignorance of our view and needs, hell, even of friendly and constructive attempts to have a reasonable and respectful discussion with you.

I tend to be neutral and not shooting from the hip but after seeing how CC/you behave I too would without hesitation advise anyone to avoid CC and their LEB dump no matter what.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • @jbiloh said:

t0ny0 said: None of the LEB crap affects me, aside from learning to never ever ever EVER EVER trust a host that provides services by ColoCrossing.

Why is that?

It might have something to do with the longevity of all CC based hosts. Buy 3 years, and bye bye in 7 months.
    It might also have to do with the fact that they are all severely oversold.
    Did you really ask me why? Do you not know the answer to that question already? I would think the endless threads on here about the crap quality that CC is spitting out, and the fact that they go out of business a few months in would be a clue enough as to why everyone should avoid it.

If you actually had them running without f-ing customers over - you would have a really large business going on, and there would be very little complaints. However this is not how this cookie has crumbled, unfortunately.

• @jbiloh in short, the impression is you are running a scam on that website, why is that?

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@jbiloh said:

Why is that?

@jbiloh, you're trolling us right?

• Brother Bilo, is that you?

• They've got some pretty bleeding edge ignore function baked into the system for certain users.

Thanked by 2kkrajk nem
  • Why is that?

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited November 2019

Jord said: Clearly they don't give a shit!

The fact that they don't answer doesn't mean that they don't give a shit: Virmach offers (CC based!) and related BF threads / eggs / ... are here to prove that they are actually doing something for the LET 'community'!.

But still, many members try to avoid stuff from CC because they don't trust them, as they now have the feeling that 'it's build to grab my money and shut down'. Is it a problem for CC? Not really: they know LET users do provide great content for free, and they know how to transform this unpaid labor into steady traffic to CC hosts, and that way to a nice cash-flow, so why change anything? The target customer ain't the usual LET addict anyway (even though he seems to like to give some $$ to virmach for some idling VMs) but the guy using a search engine to find a cheap VPS and ending up on a page with an "interesting" offer... Please don't consider these guys more stupid that they are, they had a plan when they bought LET/LEB and are simply keeping up with it.

• @poisson said:
    They've got some pretty bleeding edge ignore function baked into the system for certain users.

• I haven't paid much attention but you all are acting like douchebags.

• 2 offers up so far and the day's almost half over......

• @Nekki said:
    2 offers up so far and the day's almost half over......

Free Range Cloud tried to get theirs posted, but have yet to hear anything. LET only.

• @Nekki said:

Fabozzi was busy this year, so he had time to edit just two templates

Namaste!

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Nekki said:

3 up.

One is a non CC offer, UK based. Cool.

One is hostnerd which has zero presence in either community under that name. The company is literally days old and only got posted since its in CC. Odd given they were offering out of GlobalFrag I think?

One is hostnamaste marking servers as dedicated servers when they obviously aren't. The person who typed it up also lists it as 8MB RAM, not 8GB.

Not seen a mail blast, maybe that's a CM thing now?

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@Nekki said:

3 up.

One is a non CC offer, UK based. Cool.

One is hostnerd which has zero presence in either community under that name. The company is literally days old and only got posted since its in CC. Odd given they were offering out of GlobalFrag I think?

One is hostnamaste marking servers as dedicated servers when they obviously aren't. The person who typed it up also lists it as 8MB RAM, not 8GB.

Not seen a mail blast, maybe that's a CM thing now?

Francisco

Racknerd is by Dustin from Quadranet, who was implicated in the Alpharacks scandal.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2019

I'm aware but it was all hearsay. No one ever confirmed anything.

I'm just say its been many years since Dustin publically ran a hosting brand of his very own.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: Not seen a mail blast, maybe that's a CM thing now?

I recall that a number of people (rightly) made a big fuss last year about the unsolicited mails at BF/CM, and a bit later the opt-in box "Subscribe to our newsletter" appeared. So perhaps CC took the complaints about unsolicited mails to heart and deleted their mailing list to start afresh (based on the opt-in box).

This is just a guess. In any case, I also haven't yet received any mails this season, whereas I did a year ago.

• somiksomik Member
    edited November 2019

Maybe it's time I start editing a template. Maybe something like 32gb ram, ryzen 3950X, 2TB NVMe SSD for only $20/m.

BTW, do I actually need to buy any server or just take money and "promise" delivery in the next 30 days?

Edit:
    For those without sarcasm detector, read the post until you get it.

Setting this to sink now that Black Friday is coming to a close. We'll have a few more posts go up the next 24 hours and then another batch on Cyber Monday.

@boernd said:

@poisson said:
    They've got some pretty bleeding edge ignore function baked into the system for certain users.

Very clever. :)

• @jbiloh said:
    Setting this to sink now that Black Friday is coming to a close. We'll have a few more posts go up the next 24 hours and then another batch on Cyber Monday.

Why let this sink? The title clearly states: Black Friday & Cyber Monday, and the second event is 2 days away, therefore the topic is still valid in it's monthly period.

@default said:

@jbiloh said:

Why let this sink? The title clearly states: Black Friday & Cyber Monday, and the second event is 2 days away, therefore the topic is still valid in it's monthly period.

I removed the sink but also removed the announcement. The reason for doing so is because this thread was mainly intended for providers to submit their offers to LEB.

• Premium feature

Thanked by 2alilet dahartigan
  • oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

@angstrom said:

@oneilonline said: OK, we submitted our post and have our fingers crossed.

You'll get in :smile:

It'll fun to see your offer appear in LEBFeed :smile:

Well, our offer never appeared! We tried.

This discussion has been closed.