Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Speed fluctuation of a VPS ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Speed fluctuation of a VPS ?

I am new into the VPS i have changed my shared hosting for it . I have observed that the speed of my webpage is slower during the day than during the night . Is that because i am sharing resources with another VPSes ? may be i am losing about 0.5 seconds during the daytime . thanks

Comments

• Maybe your VPS is crappy and oversold as fuck, resulting in slow i/o and crappy CPU speed. Indeed if all other users (ab)use the system, you'll have less resources. But with good providers, there are enough resources for everyone, even during day time.

Thanked by 2ULM maverickp
  • This usually happens when the flux capacitor is running on inferior potassium, it creates speed fluctuations in the space/time/potassium continuum.

In layman's terms, perhaps you should upgrade providers?

Thanked by 3ULM ITLabs poisson
  • 0.5 second is nothing. It could happen anytime of the day and due to many factors. Which tool are you using to compare the web page load time? Try GTMetirx.com and then compare the result.

Thanked by 1ULM
  • @alilet said:
    0.5 second is nothing. It could happen anytime of the day and due to many factors. Which tool are you using to compare the web page load time? Try GTMetirx.com and then compare the result.

gtmetrix and the extension for google chrome page load

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited November 2019

During the day processes are very busy but at night most of them are sleeping, which results in better performance.

Remember that day for you is night for others so look for a provider where it's night when it would be day for you.

Refer to this Time Zone Map:

Thanked by 2ULM dahartigan
  • @ULM said:
    I am new into the VPS i have changed my shared hosting for it . I have observed that the speed of my webpage is slower during the day than during the night . Is that because i am sharing resources with another VPSes ? may be i am losing about 0.5 seconds during the daytime . thanks

I am curious..what VPS provider you use right now?