Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server STEALS | Ryzen 3700X @ $84 | Core i7 7700K @ $59 | Xeon E3 V3 @ $39 | MORE!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server STEALS | Ryzen 3700X @ $84 | Core i7 7700K @ $59 | Xeon E3 V3 @ $39 | MORE!

MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

**** CLICK HERE FOR A FULL LIST OF SERVERS + FILTERS + ORDER LINKS ****

1 Gbps Port - FREE
10 Gbps Port - $19/m

150TB Bandwidth - FREE
1 Gbps Unmetered - $99/m
10 Gbps Unmetered - $899/m

DDoS Protection - Included

Deals are first come first serve, if you no longer see it on the web site, then it's sold out.

Data Centers:
New York City Metro
Miami, Florida
Los Angeles, California

We also have more modern servers in stock, but not listed below as they are priced above $84/mo.

Offers $84 and Under (full list here):

Configurable - (2 Cores)    Intel Atom D525 (Custom Config) 8GB DDR3 /  Configurable    $33.00/mo
Instant Setup - (2 Cores)   Intel Atom D525 (Rapid Deploy 8GB)  8GB DDR3 /  64GB SSD+1TB HD $33.00/mo
Configurable - (4 Cores)    Intel Core i7 7700K (Custom Config) Configurable /  Configurable    $59.00/mo
Instant Setup - (4 Cores)   Intel Core i7 7700K (Rapid Deploy 32GB) 32GB DDR4 /     2x256GB SSD $79.00/mo
Instant Setup - (4 Cores)   Intel Special (RD 32GB) 32GB DDR3 /     1TB SSD $59.00/mo
Configurable - (4 Cores)    Intel Xeon E3 1230 V3 (Custom Config)   Configurable /  Configurable    $39.00/mo
Instant Setup - (4 Cores)   Intel Xeon E3 1230 V3 (Rapid Deploy 8GB)    8GB DDR3 /  64GB SSD    $39.00/mo
Instant Setup - (4 Cores)   Intel Xeon E3 1230 V3 (Rapid Deploy 32GB)   32GB DDR3 /     256GB SSD   $50.00/mo
Instant Setup - (4 Cores)   Intel Xeon E3 1240 V5 (Rapid Deploy 64GB)   64GB DDR4 /     512GB SSD+2TB HD    $79.00/mo
Instant Setup - (4 Cores)   Intel Xeon E3 1240 V6 (RD 16GB HDD) 16GB DDR4 /     2TB HD  $60.00/mo
Instant Setup - (4 Cores)   Intel Xeon E3 1245 V2 (RD 32GB HDD) 32GB DDR3 /     2TB HD  $47.00/mo
Instant Setup - (4 Cores)   Intel Xeon E3 1270 V3 (Rapid Deploy 8GB)    8GB DDR3 /  128GB SSD   $45.00/mo
Instant Setup - (4 Cores)   Intel Xeon E3 1270 V3 (Rapid Deploy 32GB)   32GB DDR3 /     512GB SSD   $55.00/mo
Configurable - (8 Cores)    AMD Ryzen 3700X (Custom Config) Configurable /  Configurable    $84.00/mo

Comments

• Error 1005 Ray ID: 537b7bc1fe21c061 • 2019-11-18 16:57:26 UTC
    Access denied

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

@tgl said:
    Error 1005 Ray ID: 537b7bc1fe21c061 • 2019-11-18 16:57:26 UTC
    Access denied

Are you using a vpn or proxy?

• @MrRadic yes, but I am pretty sure many people are, so its a bad idea to ban ips on your main site, it could be on ok in your control panel, anyway, your choice

edited November 2019

We ban the ones that have been abused to either attack our web site or commit fraud and haven't taken responsibility to keep things clean. When we get a generic "we don't track our users and aren't responsible blah blah blah" reply, it's clear that the abuse won't stop.

Either way, your order wouldn't pass our fraud tests if using a VPN.

Thanked by 1poisson
  • Worked with my wireguard VPN on virmach.

Thanked by 2MrRadic skorous
  • Can I switch billing cycles after a few months? I'd do it month-to-month for 2-3 months, but then probably want to switch to annual. (Assuming the discount for doing so still applied.)

@rpollestad said:
    Can I switch billing cycles after a few months? I'd do it month-to-month for 2-3 months, but then probably want to switch to annual. (Assuming the discount for doing so still applied.)

Yes, you can switch billing cycles at anytime in the future and still take advantage of the discount.

• Pretty poor customer support experience with them, granted some of this could be considered my fault but whatever happened to "the customer is always right"?

I ordered a server that I later found out did not have an integrated GPU (which I needed). Right after I saw that (hours later) I ordered a nearly identical server with an i7 CPU that I thought had a usable integrated GPU thinking that they would have the good faith of canceling the original order and either refunding or adding that payment as credit for the second server.

Not only did neither of those happen but the server's iGPU was not even usable due to the motherboard they use.

Keep in mind these are dedis, not $2 OVZ. They basically took $105 from me and never even considered working with me to reach an agreement that worked for both of us. I would have been just fine keeping the second server for 2 months regardless of the iGPU as I could have tried to find some use for it but there wasn't any good will at all from them, just a very dry "we don't do refunds" kind of response.

I've worked with a ton of providers and they are usually more than happy to work with the customer, especially if you're courteous like I was in my message to their support.

Anyways, I can't speak of how good or bad anything else is but bad customer support = blacklist for me.

edited November 2019

@hacktek said:
    Pretty poor customer support experience with them, granted some of this could be considered my fault but whatever happened to "the customer is always right"?

I ordered a server that I later found out did not have an integrated GPU (which I needed). Right after I saw that (hours later) I ordered a nearly identical server with an i7 CPU that I thought had a usable integrated GPU thinking that they would have the good faith of canceling the original order and either refunding or adding that payment as credit for the second server.

Not only did neither of those happen but the server's iGPU was not even usable due to the motherboard they use.

Keep in mind these are dedis, not $2 OVZ. They basically took $105 from me and never even considered working with me to reach an agreement that worked for both of us. I would have been just fine keeping the second server for 2 months regardless of the iGPU as I could have tried to find some use for it but there wasn't any good will at all from them, just a very dry "we don't do refunds" kind of response.

I've worked with a ton of providers and they are usually more than happy to work with the customer, especially if you're courteous like I was in my message to their support.

Anyways, I can't speak of how good or bad anything else is but bad customer support = blacklist for me.

We use server grade motherboards that disable the onboard GPU in favor of the KVM over IP that's included with every server. We specifically have a "GPU" section on our web site for servers that have a working GPU.

All you needed to do was ask instead of assume.

Our refund policy is clearly stated over both e-mail and terms of service. This isn't something we try to hide. We make policies that apply to all customers and don't make exceptions for anyone.

I'm not sure how this is bad customer service or a situation where the customer is always right. You purchased something that wasn't advertised with the assumption that it would be included based on information from 3rd party web sites.

• Radic is a solid guy! Not being a shill. Super quick customer service, no fluff. Radic would respond to my emails even at 11 am on a Sunday.

• @MrRadic said:

@hacktek said:
    Pretty poor customer support experience with them, granted some of this could be considered my fault but whatever happened to "the customer is always right"?

We use server grade motherboards that disable the onboard GPU in favor of the KVM over IP that's included with every server. We specifically have a "GPU" section on our web site for servers that have a working GPU.

Our refund policy is clearly stated over both e-mail and terms of service. This isn't something we try to hide. We make policies that apply to all customers and don't make exceptions for anyone.

I'm not sure how this is bad customer service or a situation where the customer is always right. You purchased something that wasn't advertised with the assumption that it would be included based on information from 3rd party web sites.

Yet it wouldn't have been the end of the world to work with me to do something that worked out for both of us, would it?

In any case I wish you the best, you seem to be running a good business there...you just won't ever get any business from me as I'd rather work with a company who, policy or not, is willing to work with its customers to find a middle ground rather than taking a black or white approach.

edited November 2019

@hacktek said:

@MrRadic said:

@hacktek said:

Yet it wouldn't have been the end of the world to work with me to do something that worked out for both of us, would it?

In any case I wish you the best, you seem to be running a good business there...you just won't ever get any business from me as I'd rather work with a company who, policy or not, is willing to work with its customers to find a middle ground rather than taking a black or white approach.

I completely understand your point of view and greatly appreciate your feedback.

• @hacktek I am not sure why you didn't raise a ticket nor ask around in the forum in the first place. It is hard to be sympathetic when basic due diligence isn't there, although it is a lot of money that was unfortunately not put to good use.

@seriesn said:
    Radic is a solid guy! Not being a shill. Super quick customer service, no fluff. Radic would respond to my emails even at 11 am on a Sunday.

Thanks for the positive feedback!

Thanked by 1poisson
  • @poisson said:
    @hacktek I am not sure why you didn't raise a ticket nor ask around in the forum in the first place. It is hard to be sympathetic when basic due diligence isn't there, although it is a lot of money that was unfortunately not put to good use.

I didn't think I needed to; like I said I've worked with a ton of providers and the vast majority have been very accommodating to reasonable asks. I asked for a refund first and it got denied but I don't consider "rolling this payment of this server that will not be used to this other one that will be" a big ask.

• @hacktek said:

That's where I stopped taking notice. The customer is not always right. I'm a customer and many times I'm wrong, or my expectations are wrong, or I didn't carefully consider handing over money. Or I just straight up have no clue because it's not my area of expertise in the business relationship.

"The customer is always right" doesn't apply when the customer didn't do their due diligence, sorry man.

"The customer is always right" is a philosophy a business bases their customer service from.

"The customer is always right" is not a tool a customer can use to get their own way, or to be unrealistic or unreasonable.

Sorry for the rant, but fuck, entitlement is strong on this one. Accept you fucked up. Accept responsibility.

• You clearly don't understand what the phrase "the customer is always right" means as it's not meant to be taken literally.

I asked nicely for a refund and when that was denied I had a reasonable follow up request. That follow up request was straight up ignored. Even if you don't want to work with customers and would rather fall back on ToS and email verbiage, you don't just ignore them and close the case. That's poor support here and everywhere else and certainly weights into my decision of sharing the experience here.

If you're a business trying to get new customers, it's in your best interest to work with them (especially new ones) and keep them happy because retention costs are lower than acquisition costs. ReliableSite chose to do none of that and I chose to share my experience here in case it helps someone. Who knows, maybe those $50 would have become $5,000 or $50,000 over the course of a longer term relationship. I rented the server(s) for a reason: I was evaluating everything about the company to consider possibly moving some or all of my operation there as it's in closer proximity to my users but the way that this was handled absolutely shut down any chance of that ever happening. And that's my whole point.

• Well, you've shared your story and other people will no doubt read your testimony and weigh that into their decisions. It's just not a very compelling reason to avoid them, it just means your expectations didn't match your experience.

• 1gservers1gservers Member, Patron Provider

From a provider standpoint, it is easier and cheaper to retain a customer than to get a new one. While the customer may technically be in the wrong for not doing his own due diligence, I don't believe it was unreasonable to ask for what he already paid to go towards an upgraded server.