Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why have prices suddenly shot up?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why have prices suddenly shot up?

immanisimmanis Member
edited November 2019 in General

I was just browsing LEB again for the first time in a few months - everything seems to have gone up in price. Before, you could get 2-4GB RAM and 100s of GB cached storage for around $30/yr - looking at it now, they're almost double or even triple!

What's changed now that they're suddenly more expensive?

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

They'll be back to 'normal' in a week or so :)

• Cheers :) What is it about now that makes it so expensive though!

• tgltgl Member
    edited November 2019

its the new strategy to scam people, on BF the people are more naive, so you can fish more suckers with higher prices, have I got it right Fabozzi?

• immanisimmanis Member
    edited November 2019

Ah that makes sense, although flicking back through the offers, you have to go back to July/August for the "old" prices

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited November 2019

They are?
    Well then, it's due to Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Potatoe Wednesday.

Yes potatoe, since all the money would have been gone by Wednesday.

• It is a known practice.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Some shops do increase the prices before BF and on BF suddenly its special offer - unfortunately I classify it as BS BF deals!

Thanked by 1manish
  • MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

Some providers had to increase prices due to cPanel price hike. But it is not much.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

Openvz 6 is dead now too. Might be a factor.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

BF and soon Christmas.

• Inflation.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@immanis said:
    I was just browsing LEB again for the first time in a few months - everything seems to have gone up in price. Before, you could get 2-4GB RAM and 100s of GB cached storage for around $30/yr - looking at it now, they're almost double or even triple!

What's changed now that they're suddenly more expensive?

Doubling the price of LEB crap minus "BF! 80% OFF!!!!!!" translates to selling crap for a somewhat higher price -and at the same time- being able to advertise "80% OFF!!!!!" on BF.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

The magic is, you need to make people pay more on BF, then before and after.
    Still, you trick them into its cheaper since BF and they pay more at the end.

Well played.

• Black Friday is coming!

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@tetahost said:
    Black Friday is coming!

Are you sure?

I've heard from the wife of a potassium miner that BF might not come this year.