Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Information about sole proprietorship business in Ontario
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Information about sole proprietorship business in Ontario

Hello folks,

I am an international student in Ontario, Canada but I would like to register a sole proprietorship the part-time business of website/software development, but I am wondering is that is possible or not as an international student.

Please guide me on this, I am asking here because LET is home :D

Thank you!

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

I guess this depends on your visa? Probably should speak with immigration attorney before touching anything

Thanked by 3PHDan kkrajk TimboJones
  • Any legal advice gained from LET is worth the amount you paid for it.

• $7

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited November 2019

All you need is know is within first 5 results of googling.

• @Clouvider said:
    I guess this depends on your visa? Probably should speak with immigration attorney before touching anything

I am on a student visa

• Clouvider said: immigration attorney

And student counselors, if there's a scholarship involved there may be conditions on income.

But that would be something, start a hosting business then get expelled and deported.

• I think you wanted Legal End Talk.

• Honestly given that your a student the honest answer is no one whos going to hire someone without experience is going to care if you have a registered business or not. Just work for cash if you can find people who need the level of service that you can provide. Not required to have a business to work

• @vishalpatelz said:
    Hello folks,

I am an international student in Ontario, Canada but I would like to register a sole proprietorship the part-time business of website/software development, but I am wondering is that is possible or not as an international student.

I'm in BC, I guess Ontario is the same for this matter. To register a business you need only your name and physical address, but your working status is a completely different question.
    Check if your student visa allows you to work. If not, you can apply for changing your working status. It's a common thing for international students as I know. Check CIC site for an application form.

• I don't think many of freelancers on AtWork and Fiverr has registered entity. You should start from there if you are just solo. I can't comment about Tax for this case may be other people can comment how to file such tax.

When you actually have biz idea, big team, commercial establishment are all involved together, go for registering one. You are still student after all, a company should be for those who are 100% commitment into that rather. Just my suggestion.

• Registered business in Ontario as a foreign student. No. How are you liking London (UWO)? Have you bagged any birds from King's University College yet?

• @shallownorthdakota said:
    Registered business in Ontario as a foreign student. No. How are you liking London (UWO)? Have you bagged any birds from King's University College yet?

I love UWO.🤣

Thanked by 1shallownorthdakota