Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Spry Servers] BoGo | 100% Cashback on All New Orders! | Pre-Black Friday
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Spry Servers] BoGo | 100% Cashback on All New Orders! | Pre-Black Friday

SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Host Rep

100% Cashback On All New Orders

For a limited time, purchase any item, for any payment term, and receive a 100% credit onto your account. (ie. If you purchase 1 month for $7, you get a $7 account credit, if you purchase 1 year for $70, you get a $70 account credit)

To take advantage of this deal, place an order for any* package you like, for any length of time, between now and 11/27. NO LIMIT on quantity!

Place an order soon, as this offer is extremely limited, and won't come again any time soon!

Dedicated Server Example:

• CPU: E3-1230
  • RAM: 8GB DDR3
  • HDD: 1 TB HDD
  • Port: Up to 1Gbps
  • BW: 20 TB
  • IPv4: /30
  • IPv6: /64
  • Price: $60/mo
  • Cashback: $60
  • Order Now

VPS Example:

SSD KVM Nano

• 1 vCore
  • 512 MB RAM
  • 1 IPv4
  • /64 IPv6
  • 1 TB Transfer
  • Monthly: $6/mo ($6 cashback)
  • Annually: $60/yr ($60 cashback)
  • Order Now

Want a different product or configuration? Visit https://www.spryservers.net/ and place an order for any* product and receive this offer.

*Domain names and SSL certificates are excluded from this offer. You must open a support ticket mentioning this deal, and request the account credit within 7 days of placing your order. Applies to new orders only. Offer void if you cancel a similar configuration within 30 days after or immediately before taking this offer.

Comments

• Been using Spry for over an year now and Tab is an awesome guy to deal with. Very professional, the service is rock solid and that pricing is mouth watering.

• You can’t beat. @HostSlick Lol

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited November 2019

Nice offer :-)

Thanked by 1SpryServers_Tab
  • You should replace "cashback" with "credit", since that's what it actually is, and not cashback.

Cashback would mean we have the option of getting the money back in hand, not in account.

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2019

@TimboJones said:
    You should replace "cashback" with "credit", since that's what it actually is, and not cashback.

Cashback would mean we have the option of getting the money back in hand, not in account.

Interesting way to look at it. In India, cash back literally means they add the credit to your 'digital wallet'. Thought that the term is from North America since many of the VCs and startup founders have experience in that market. The Terms and Conditions clearly mention that the 'cash back' can be applied to future purchases - new or addon, blah..blah... and cannot be enchased otherwise etc.

Back to the post, KVM nano actually becomes an attractive offer for an annual plan with the 1:1 credit "cash back" option. Practically $ 30 a year for 2 years if I understood it correctly.

I'm not in the market for dedis yet so cannot comment on the first offer.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Deceive the child's tricks, first increase the price, and then reduce the price!

• crackcrack Member
    edited November 2019

512M RAM, $6.
    ridiculous.

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited November 2019

@crack lay off the @crack lay off the @crack lay off the @crack lay off the

I am not (yet) a Spry customer, but there's no way in hell this guy is being "deceitful".

I agree slightly that the "cash back" conjures up a notion of a refund, but then again, they are also usually given in a voucher form - or in this case - store credit.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other if you ask me ;)

• To be fair, their old sales have been $30/yr for the same VPS package. But.. this is not at all related and regular prices have always been like this

Thanked by 2uptime vyas11
  • @vyas11 said:

@TimboJones said:
    You should replace "cashback" with "credit", since that's what it actually is, and not cashback.

Interesting way to look at it. In India, cash back literally means they add the credit to your 'digital wallet'. Thought that the term is from North America since many of the VCs and startup founders have experience in that market. The Terms and Conditions clearly mention that the 'cash back' can be applied to future purchases - new or addon, blah..blah... and cannot be enchased otherwise etc.

Back to the post, KVM nano actually becomes an attractive offer for an annual plan with the 1:1 credit "cash back" option. Practically $ 30 a year for 2 years if I understood it correctly.

I'm not in the market for dedis yet so cannot comment on the first offer.

I don't know if "digital wallet" would be same as Paypal for me, but cashback would also be acceptable if it was back to my Paypal account, that can be transferred to a linked chequeing account or just being able to spend it elsewhere. This is the difference between a credit and cashback and there is 0 cashback happening, just store credit.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2019

Well I am a loyal customer of Tab's for almost a year. I colo a server and VPS. I do pay alittle more for the services but Tab is too notch at what he does.

• @crack said:
    512M RAM, $6.
    ridiculous.

It's a free world. He can price as he pleases just like how you fart out of your mouth as you please.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2019

@poisson said:

@crack said:
    512M RAM, $6.
    ridiculous.

It's a free world. He can price as he pleases just like how you fart out of your mouth as you please.

Let's leave that to the Olfactory discussion, shall we. I completely get your point

• @poisson said:

@crack said:
    512M RAM, $6.
    ridiculous.

I think the price is a bit absurd

I don't judge your speaking style. What a stink!

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @crack said:

Such delicious irony.

• hey, if the tab fits, serve it!

• @poisson said:

@crack said:
    512M RAM, $6.
    ridiculous.

The first time I read this thread, I thought it was $6/year and he was saying it was ridiculous good. Now seeing monthly, I'm actually surprised it's not getting more heckling. This is LET, where $5/month for 1GB is still high.

Next time, don't attack the person, try and make a case for why that price is justified (double PSU's, more bandwidth, support, datacenter, free bonuses etc). But clearly, this is well below LET standards.

This just looks like a bad marketing trick to inflate price and then discount it. It's good people are vouching for this provider, because I count two slimy things in this promo that I'd take as red flags.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • @TimboJones said:
    This just looks like a bad marketing trick to inflate price and then discount it. It's good people are vouching for this provider, because I count two slimy things in this promo that I'd take as red flags.

Think of it this way - these servers aren't going to be abused by the usual suspects, looking for bottom of the barrel cheap servers to abuse. If nothing else, that's worth a small price premium IMO.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @TimboJones said:

@poisson said:

@crack said:
    512M RAM, $6.
    ridiculous.

The first time I read this thread, I thought it was $6/year and he was saying it was ridiculous good. Now seeing monthly, I'm actually surprised it's not getting more heckling. This is LET, where $5/month for 1GB is still high.

Next time, don't attack the person, try and make a case for why that price is justified (double PSU's, more bandwidth, support, datacenter, free bonuses etc). But clearly, this is well below LET standards.

Plenty of great value on lowendbox.com by these standards. I recommend them specially for you guys.

• @poisson said:

@TimboJones said:

@poisson said:

@crack said:
    512M RAM, $6.
    ridiculous.

Plenty of great value on lowendbox.com by these standards. I recommend them specially for you guys.

What are you talking about? There's much better deals on LET and you know it. Just take the advice next time instead of hurting your own credibility recommending LEB out of spite.

• @TimboJones said:
    What are you talking about? There's much better deals on LET and you know it. Just take the advice next time instead of hurting your own credibility recommending LEB out of spite.

I only care about my credibility in the eyes of credible and reasonable people.

• @poisson said:

@crack said:

Such delicious irony.

@poisson said:

@TimboJones said:

@poisson said:

@crack said:
    512M RAM, $6.
    ridiculous.

Did you hear it?

Don't attack people next time??????????????????????????????????

• @crack said:

@poisson said:

@crack said:

Such delicious irony.

@poisson said:

@TimboJones said:

@poisson said:

@crack said:
    512M RAM, $6.
    ridiculous.

Did you hear it?

Don't attack people next time??????????????????????????????????

crickets

• SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2019

@TimboJones said:

@poisson said:

@crack said:
    512M RAM, $6.
    ridiculous.

Of course we use dual PSUs. Our network is multi-homed. We go out of our way for our clients. We don't advertise our services as having any type of "fully managed" by default, but we'll do everything in our power to help out our clients for no additional charge. (within reason) This means, helping with software installs, helping fix bad configurations, and much more.

Additionally, we don't overcrowd our servers. By using less dense configurations, our operating costs are a bit higher, but we'd rather provide a great service for a few more dollars, than a shit service for extra low prices. We aren't a typical "low-end" provider. We have a couple plans that fit within the LET threshold, and we share them here. Our focus is on providing quality service, not cheap service.

As others have already said, our prices haven't been inflated prior to this deal. These are our regular prices, that most people pay.

I'm not going to lie, yes of course the word cashback is there to get you to click it! I know I have many accounts with different online merchants, that constantly send me cashback offers, that are not "cash" but store "cash". It states clearly what you get in the terms in the thread.

Thanked by 1dahartigan

@hzr said:
    To be fair, their old sales have been $30/yr for the same VPS package. But.. this is not at all related and regular prices have always been like this

Funny thing, I thought people would be all over this deal for that ^ reason. Buy a more expensive plan for a year, get the cashback, and when Black Friday hits, buy an even better plan with that "cashback". Then you've got 2 servers, one a little better than the other, that you got for free.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited November 2019

Quite simply, cashback is exactly that (try a car stealer dealer). Anything other than that (credit/voucher/shagged up the rectum) is deceptive false advertising. IMO.
    [When I lived Stateside, I soon discovered the lack of Consumer Rights though, so this advertising doesn't surprise me.]

Thanked by 1TimboJones

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Quite simply, cashback is exactly that (try a car stealer dealer). Anything other than that (credit/voucher/shagged up the rectum) is deceptive false advertising. IMO.
    [When I lived Stateside, I soon discovered the lack of Consumer Rights though, so this advertising doesn't surprise me.]

I thank you guys for keeping this thread nice and bumped.

• hzrhzr Member
    edited November 2019

I'm going to point out that I currently pay multiple providers more than $5-10/m each for 256MB RAM. This isn't a bad deal, especially considering the person running it.

I know that the cashback wording might be a bit weird, but honestly this is exactly what I expect: you add funds and get some more, like cociu loves doing. I've never once seen a hosting provider where I paypal them $5 and they send me $5 back in my life

edited November 2019

@hzr said:
    I'm going to point out that I currently pay multiple providers more than $5-10/m each for 256MB RAM. This isn't a bad deal, especially considering the person running it.

I know that the cashback wording might be a bit weird, but honestly this is exactly what I expect: you add funds and get some more, like cociu loves doing. I've never once seen a hosting provider where I paypal them $5 and they send me $5 back in my life

Thanks for that.

In the future I may find different wording to avoid the people this, who like to rip apart everything just to find something to be angry about.

Thanked by 1poisson
  • @crack said:
    Deceive the child's tricks, first increase the price, and then reduce the price!

@crack said:
    512M RAM, $6.
    ridiculous.

I felt the same way when I saw this thread a few days earlier but I refrained from saying it. That was probably a good choice. Now it's you, not me, getting attacked by that poison guy.