Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Incoming spam filter
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Incoming spam filter

Hi,

I'm looking for a proper incoming spam filter. I'm currently using spamexperts provided with my register, however I'm planning on moving register. This means I will also lose the spamfilter.

So instead I am looking for a service which allows me to use as spamfilter for incoming email. Currently I'm setting up my MX records to the server of my register (which filters the spam) an d that server routes the mail to my own mailserver.

The spamfilter will not be used for about 5 mailboxes, which is not a lot. Most offerings I found on the internet are for big enterprise solutions, which I am not looking for.

If anything is unclear, please let me know. I hope someone is offering such a service for a decent price.

Kind regards,
Calvin

Comments

• Doesn't mxroute have this? @jar

Fastmail has it but is expensive.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

willie said: Doesn't mxroute have this?

I do a lot of custom filtering for inbound but it's with full email service, it wouldn't pass the filtered mail to another server reasonably. My filters also still suck compared to something like Gmail.

• I have been using with pobox.com for 15 years, which works just well.

• tetechtetech Member
    edited November 2019
    1. If your volume is low but spread across several domains, look at Heluna. They charge by volume of (clean) mail with no per-domain or per-mailbox charge. Minimum charge is 200 email/month ($0.50).

2. If your volume is higher but concentrated in a few domains, you can find fairly cheap SpamExperts resellers. For example, Hostens do it for between $1-2/month per domain depending on billing period.

Similar process for both, update your MX and provide MX for them to send filtered mail to.

• Thanks for your recommendations. Hostens looks good to me, I'll give them a try. If more providers exist, please let me know. The search is not over yet ;)

• If using CloudFlare then you can use MailChannels spam filter which is free.

https://www.cloudflare.com/apps/mailchannels

• Why not run your own? Rspamd is fantastic

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

We sell MailChannels inbound spam filter for 5€/mo per domain. You can setup it really easy.

• MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

If you are with a decent hosting provider, you might not need any additional incoming email filter at all. For 5 email accounts, I do not imagine your usage is high but I could be wrong. If that's the case, just find a decent provider.