Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ovh Cloud vps for $2.99 / month in Vint Hill Data Center in Virginia!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ovh Cloud vps for $2.99 / month in Vint Hill Data Center in Virginia!

New VPS servers offer unlimited bandwidth and easy to install OS’s and applications. They are currently available at our Vint Hill Data Center in Virginia!

https://us.ovhcloud.com/products/vps#xtor=CS1-3-[vps-group]

Comments

• Cheaper than their EU locations i suppose but no CentOS 8 so meh.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited November 2019

@suricloud No PayPal and finding great difficulty in ordering.
    Taxes applied even for non-US residents, which doesn't sound right to me. :-/

• want 1gbps but meh yoinked

• williewillie Member
    edited November 2019

These look like the regular vps-ssd or "sandbox" plans already available at other locations. Sure a US location is nice, but "OVH Cloud" has generally referred to their higher end line with dedicated resources.

xaoc said: Cheaper than their EU locations i suppose but no CentOS 8 so meh.

Same price I think. It's 2.99/m only on annual billing.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@willie said:
    but "OVH Cloud" has generally referred to their higher end line with dedicated resources.

All of the US stuff is under a separate company that runs as OVH Cloud. They're just starting to offer more of the budget stuff now.

Still a damn good deal at $36/yr for a 2GB KVM w/ unmetered 100Mbps. Hope they open this up to the west coast datacenter too at some point.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2019

willie said: "OVH Cloud" has generally referred to

Harambe said: under a separate company that runs as OVH Cloud.

It's more than that, they are gradually renaming the entire OVH to "OVHcloud": https://www.ovh.com/world/news/articles/al465.why-ovh-becoming-ovhcloud
    https://www.ovh.com/blog/welcome-to-ovhcloud/
    Really dumb move IMO.

Thanked by 1Harambe
  • Harambe said: Still a damn good deal at $36/yr for a 2GB KVM w/ unmetered 100Mbps.

It's the same deal they already have everywhere else, though yes, pretty good by LET VPS standards. For my purposes eastern US (Virginia) is not much different from eastern Canada (BHS) and BHS has worked pretty well for me. Others might see it differently. If they have some Kimsufi flash sales in the western US then I'm interested of course ;).

I'm not seeding so I'm not particularly obsessed with unmetered ports. On a small vps like this, I'd rather have 2TB transit at 1gbps than 30TB at 100mbps.

• @willie I pay in € on ovh.ie. :D

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

This is similar to their Sandbox Public Cloud but with just a little more disk space.

• Curiosity: where's the OP's provider tag?

edited November 2019

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Curiosity: where's the OP's provider tag?

I think he's just sharing OVHCloud's new US offering which was posted on Twitter.

• @suricloud said:
    ..They are currently available at our Vint Hill Data Center in Virginia!

• willie said: BHS has worked pretty well for me. Others might see it differently.

I believe the point is it's physically in US jurisdiction

@AlwaysSkint said:

@suricloud said:
    ..They are currently available at our Vint Hill Data Center in Virginia!

Yes he literally copied what was posted on Twitter :)

• hzr said: I believe the point is it's physically in US jurisdiction

Yes I understand that. It's just that for most of us on LET, that difference is either a yawner or a disadvantage. It might matter more for the higher end cloud services whose users have regulatory issues about where to host stuff like medical data. But if they're using $3/month vps's for that, they have bigger problems. Most stuff like that is on AWS.

• Yes i just shared it :)

@thedp said:

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Curiosity: where's the OP's provider tag?

I think he's just sharing OVHCloud's new US offering which was posted on Twitter.

• No comments on the taxation?

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited November 2019

@AlwaysSkint said:
    No comments on the taxation?

OP is not a rep. Just a manual LET bot like here

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • @AlwaysSkint said:
    No comments on the taxation?

I bought, from California no tax

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • Interesting.. I'd presume international sales should be the same. :-/