Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

(Budget) VPS with VMX enabled in Germany
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

(Budget) VPS with VMX enabled in Germany

VZ Type:
KVM

Number of Cores: 4+
RAM: 8+
Disk Space: 100GB+
Disk Type: SSD only

Bandwidth:1 Gbit
Port Speed: 1Gbit

DDoS Protection:
No.

Number of IPs:

Budget:
About 16 USD

Billing period:
First months monthly (i am careful) then yearly.

Hi, im searching for budget VPS provider with VMX Flag enabled, located in Germany.
Want to host some small VMs, you can see what i need in the form above.
Included Backups on a separate cluster what be nice, too.

Greetings

Comments

• pikepike Veteran
    edited November 2019

php-friends does meet all of these requirements. You can find a link in my signature. Their vServer M costs 18€ incl. 19% VAT which u can get removed if ordering from a non-EU country.

Just they don't offer backups, so you might need an external solution for that.

Thanked by 2Haxxe uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited November 2019

@First-Root "KVM Power Edition Premium" seems to fit the bill (and the budget) pretty well - they are in Düsseldorf

https://www.first-root.com/server/vps/kvm-power-edition/#fndtn-panel-premium

CPU    4 Cores
    RAM    8.192 MB
    DISK    300 GB SSD

vmx flag enabled for nested virtualization, and backups on a separate cluster ...

€15.47 per month - I'm not sure if that includes VAT

I have a smaller KVM with them - I think they are pretty good, the proverbial superior potassium and all that :)

EDIT2:

That First-Root offer seems like almost exactly your spec - perhaps you are shopping for more comparisons?

In that case you might also check with Nexus Bytes (@seriesn) who has been carving out some nice slices on a fast i-9900 node (I think from Hetzner) - they usually announce some promotions on Thursdays (though the deals they announce here will be under $7, so you might want to reach out to them for a custom offer) I think they do cpu passthrough.

Also @HostDoc might have something suitable (also on a Hetzner node) - they definitely support nested virtualization

and can also strongly recommend CrownCloud (@SpeedBus) who may be able to do 4 cores with 8 gb ram and 120 gb ssd for $14/m in Frankfurt - you might do well to check with them about backups and if they can set you up with nested virtualization as well.

• Actually yes, i found out about first root before i was posting and in first place it seemed like the best offer.
    And yes, im looking for more comparisions :)

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited November 2019

alrighty then ... :)

I do know of a few connoisseurs of fine German VPS who might have more suggestions for good deals with nested virtualization and backups - maybe one of @cybertech @Ympker @jsg @Falzo @vimalware will have some ideas

ultraVPS.eu (@ultraVPS) is another German provider that comes to mind - I don't know if they support nested virt

for @HostDoc it's a good idea to check their flash sale page https://hostdochost.i.ng/pricing/ ... I see currently there is a deal with 4 shared vcores (apparently on an i7-6700K cpu running at 4 GHz) with 4 GB ram and 30 GB ssd - I mention this one because it may be possible to combine 2 or 3 of them, and maybe also to add disk space (though I'm actually not sure how they handle add-ons with the promotional offers). Sale price for that deal is £4.49 per month (and I think you may even be able switch over to a very nice annual price of £40 if you're happy with it after trying for a month).

EDIT2:

While @jsg may disclaim any specific connoisseur status with regard to the German vps, they do have a few reviews (such as for @seriesn Nexus Bytes) which may add some useful perspective

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@uptime said:
    I do know of a few connoisseurs of fine German VPS who might have more suggestions for good deals with nested virtualization and backups - maybe one of @cybertech @Ympker @jsg @Falzo @vimalware will have some ideas

Thanks for the flowers but I'm not at all a connoisseur of German VPS. In fact I only rarely am interested at all in a German VPS. I'm sure there a many fine german providers but I'm not the one to ask for advice on them.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • seriesnseriesn Member
    edited November 2019

uptime said: In that case you might also check with Nexus Bytes (@seriesn) who has been carving out some nice slices on a fast i-9900 node (I think from Hetzner) - they usually announce some promotions on Thursdays (though the deals they announce here will be under $7, so you might want to reach out to them for a custom offer) I think they do cpu passthrough.

Thanks for the mention boss :). Mix of AMD and Intles, available in Germany and NY :).

@Haxxe Welcome to LET and sent you a pm :).

Backed by 48 hours no questions asked money-back guarantee for peace of mind :)

Thanked by 3uptime poisson Haxxe
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited November 2019

VMX is a tough one. german vps have used/using avoro, php-friends, hostdoc, fastpipe, venocix, contabo, hetzner, haendler.it, first-root, vserver.site, Highend-Services

but can only safely recommend php-friends yet without backups.
    edit: first-root too, with paid backups.

never used netcup but i think they do vmx for a fee

Thanked by 2uptime First-Root
  • If it is AMD, SVM :).

• @seriesn said:

If it is AMD, SVM :).

At the rate Intel is sinking, people will ask for SVM by default soon enough.

• @seriesn said:

That's good to know!

• @seriesn said:

thanks boss thats new to me. and i cleanly forgot about nexusbytes (what an idiot!), they have services in Germany and its best performance so far. maybe OP can check with you.

• poisson said: At the rate Intel is sinking, people will ask for SVM by default soon enough.

Should have invested on that stock when reddit told me to...

cybertech said: thanks boss thats new to me. and i cleanly forgot about nexusbytes (what an idiot!), they have services in Germany and its best performance so far. maybe OP can check with you.

:D Thanks for the vote of confidence Boss :D.

AMD is still new and most people don't know much about it's full potential. But it is good potassium for the bucks.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @seriesn Your honor, I object. AMD is not new. My first self-built in 1994 was an AMD 486.

Side note: thanks for letting me own a slice of my first love.

Thanked by 2seriesn pike
  • @poisson said:
    @seriesn Your honor, I object. AMD is not new. My first self-built in 1994 was an AMD 486.

I meant (you know what I meant) the "new" amd and not the old once where I had to worry about overheating and random crashing on my old dell box. God damn, we are getting old.

Side note: thanks for letting me own a slice of my first love.

It is an honor, my kind friend and my dear family member.

• First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep

@seriesn said:

poisson said: At the rate Intel is sinking, people will ask for SVM by default soon enough.

Should have invested on that stock when reddit told me to...

so much this!

btw, thanks for mentioning all ;)

Thanked by 2uptime Haxxe
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@First-Root Do you have any promotions/deals at the moment? I have someone who's considering your KVM package.

Thanked by 1Haxxe
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Missed out on their vServer Schnupperspecial 2019 :joy:

• @thedp said:

Missed out on their vServer Schnupperspecial 2019 :joy:

I bought one, its idle but I will try to install Windows on it to see how it goes

• dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

Black Friday is near 😏

• @cybertech said:
    VMX is a tough one. german vps have used/using avoro, php-friends, hostdoc, fastpipe, venocix, contabo, hetzner, haendler.it, first-root, vserver.site, Highend-Services

but can only safely recommend php-friends yet without backups.
    edit: first-root too, with paid backups.

never used netcup but i think they do vmx for a fee

Yes, they "sell" vmx 2€/core, thats why they're not considered anymore by me, it gets to expensive really fast and i would pay 50% more just for vmx.

@PHP_Friends said:
    Black Friday is near 😏

Could i get any information about your offer? Dont want to wait until bf just to be disappointed (you know what i mean).

Im mostly interested in First-root, PHP-Friends and Nexusbytes right now.

• AvoroAvoro Member, Host Rep

Hello Haxxe,

we can offer 4 Cores, 12 GB RAM and 150 GB SSD including backups for 13,99 EUR per month excluding VAT (10 GBit/s shared, DDoS-Protection, 1x IPv4 and /64-IPv6).

Thanked by 1Haxxe
  • First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep

@thedp said:
    @First-Root Do you have any promotions/deals at the moment? I have someone who's considering your KVM package.

Hi, no additional promos except the one on our website, sorry :).

• @First-Root said: Thanked by (2): Father_Michael uptime

Who's @Father_Michael?

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited November 2019

@Father_Michael said:
    Me :)

No other identity on LET?