Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

Turnkeyinternet.net is offering early black Friday deals
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Turnkeyinternet.net is offering early black Friday deals

somiksomik Member
    edited November 8 in General

I just got the email from turnkey internet. Looks like a good deal for the services they offer. I've been using them for the last 6 years.

Check it out : https://turnkeyinternet.net/blackfriday/

If you're feeling generous, do click on my refferal link before clicking on the offer link: https://turnkeyinternet.net/refer/20140

Do note that I can't speak on their behalf and I'm only a member of this community and a client of turnkeyinternet.

Thanked by 1angstrom
    Turnkeyinternet
    1. Have you used them before?39 votes
      1. Yes
        17.95%
      2. No
        82.05%

Don't be so serious. It's just a forum. No one cares what you think anyway.

Comments

• Discount price reflects annual pre-paid commitment

bleh

Thanked by 1MrH
    • somiksomik Member

@mikewazar said:

• Discount price reflects annual pre-paid commitment

bleh

Yea, annual payments only for All servers...

Thanked by 1MrH

• donlidonli Member

Will Turkeyinternet make it past Thanksgiving?

• somiksomik Member

@donli said:
      Will Turkeyinternet make it past Thanksgiving?

Should be. I've been with them since 2013:

• @somik: Do you know whether they allow custom ISOs?

"Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

• somiksomik Member

@angstrom said:
      @somik: Do you know whether they allow custom ISOs?

I don't see any such option on my control panel. Only options to choose existing OS.

Thanked by 1angstrom

• t0ny0t0ny0 Member
      edited November 8

You can likely open a ticket and ask for a custom iso.
      When I was dealing with them a few years ago - support was very fast and helpful.
      Network is not that great though. I used to only get cogent routes, so theres that.

Thanked by 1angstrom
    • donkodonko Member

mikewazar said: Discount price reflects annual pre-paid commitment

bleh x2

• somiksomik Member

@t0ny0 said:
      When I was dealing with them a few years ago - support was very fast and helpful.
      Network is not that great though. I used to only get cogent routes, so theres that.

I agree with you on the support. They are fast and helpful.

As for network, my current server is 100mbit, so it's always a bit slow. Maybe after I get my gbit server that I ordered just now, i can test their speeds although I suspect my result will be same ss yours.

• donlidonli Member
      edited November 8

@somik said:

@t0ny0 said:

As for network, my current server is 100mbit, so it's always a bit slow. Maybe after I get my gbit server that I ordered just now, i can test their speeds although I suspect my result will be same ss yours.

They claim to have just made a major network upgrade:
      https://blog.turnkeyinternet.net/press-release/turnkey-internet-completes-data-center-network-infrastructure-upgrades/

The upgrades include multiple 100G Tier 1 transit and dark fiber providers for increased redundancy and performance, as well as upgraded Cisco and Juniper network hardware to help meet the growing demand for Colocation and Cloud solutions.

During the upgrade, TurnKey made significant cost investments into their core routing and distribution hardware, including the installation of multiple fully redundant, high-performance Juniper MX480 routers. The new routing hardware delivers unmatched flexibility and reliability to support advanced services and applications, while also separating control and forwarding functions, to provide maximum scale and intelligent service delivery capabilities.

In addition to the hardware upgrades, TurnKey also joined the New York International Internet Exchange (NYIIX) via direct fiber connection. Based in New York City, the NYIIX Peering Exchange is one of the largest neutral internet exchange points in the world. NYIIX’s neutral, scalable peering infrastructure assures reliable, stable internet connectivity by allowing traffic to flow through the fastest route, no matter who owns and operates the fiber. This new partnership allows TurnKey to peer bandwidth with some of the largest names in the industry including Microsoft, Amazon, Apple, and more.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
    • somiksomik Member

@donli said:

@somik said:

@t0ny0 said:

They claim to have just made a major network upgrade:
      https://blog.turnkeyinternet.net/press-release/turnkey-internet-completes-data-center-network-infrastructure-upgrades/

The upgrades include multiple 100G Tier 1 transit and dark fiber providers for increased redundancy and performance, as well as upgraded Cisco and Juniper network hardware to help meet the growing demand for Colocation and Cloud solutions.

During the upgrade, TurnKey made significant cost investments into their core routing and distribution hardware, including the installation of multiple fully redundant, high-performance Juniper MX480 routers. The new routing hardware delivers unmatched flexibility and reliability to support advanced services and applications, while also separating control and forwarding functions, to provide maximum scale and intelligent service delivery capabilities.

In addition to the hardware upgrades, TurnKey also joined the New York International Internet Exchange (NYIIX) via direct fiber connection. Based in New York City, the NYIIX Peering Exchange is one of the largest neutral internet exchange points in the world. NYIIX’s neutral, scalable peering infrastructure assures reliable, stable internet connectivity by allowing traffic to flow through the fastest route, no matter who owns and operates the fiber. This new partnership allows TurnKey to peer bandwidth with some of the largest names in the industry including Microsoft, Amazon, Apple, and more.

Didn't see that. It was done last year, no wonder their last year black Friday offer was so bad. Prices started from 60+ dollar.

This year much better, starting servers from 9.90 only.

• imokimok Member
      edited November 9

If you are going to buy from this provider, remember you can be charged with huge fees if you get blacklisted or DDoSed

Thanked by 2uptime Sofia_K
    • "Unlimited" SSD storage and gigabit bandwidth on their $1/month (with 3-year prepayment) cPanel hosting...do I smell a challenge for @Nekki?

Thanked by 1Sofia_K

Personal consultant to OP's Mom™

• Ipmi available?

• kennsannkennsann Member
      edited November 9

"To our loyal current clients: We do not like it when companies treat new customers with discount offers better than their loyal existing customers too! We have great news for you, purchase any new Black Friday deal today and we will add on '1' free month of service to the new product for every year you have been a customer! " - Was on their BF promo page.

@somik gets 6 months free. Wow. :dizzy:

• Prices seems to be incorrect.

On following page price of BF2 Cloud VPS is mentioned as $4

https://turnkeyinternet.net/blackfriday/

But when you click on view button to see detail, on the next page price is $4.99 and it says with annual payment you get 20% discount i.e. it will become $4.
      I filled out form and went all the way to last step to pay but no discount was applied for annual payment and price was still $4.99

• @alilet said:
      Prices seems to be incorrect.

But when you click on view button to see detail, on the next page price is $4.99 and it says with annual payment you get 20% discount i.e. it will become $4.
      I filled out form and went all the way to last step to pay but no discount was applied for annual payment and price was still $4.99

They actually left out the $0.99 part on the BF deals page, I think everything still has that $0.99. This is the case with dedicated servers as well. A bit misleading, I'd say.

• donlidonli Member

@alilet said:

I see they have "live chat. Try it and see what they say.

• @somik I was about to say that you really should upgrade. You can get a much better machine in 2019 for a lower price!

Avoid scams and stay updated with legitimate great deals: LowEndBoxes Review | The LEBRE Whitelist of non-scammy lowend hosts | Join the #lexit party sans LEB scams.

• @donli said:

@alilet said:

I see they have "live chat. Try it and see what they say.

Don't bother, live chat always just say "please e-mail sales". Like a robot.

• I've used them. Way back when a $12/month reseller plan offers 100gb space, free WHMCS license and end user support, time when I was 14 years old HAHAHA. Anyways, aren't they always having deals? My 10-yr old email still getting spammed with their offers.

• somiksomik Member

@plumberg said:
      Ipmi available?

It's available for free, but on request only. Need to open a support ticket for it.

@kennsann said:
      "To our loyal current clients: We do not like it when companies treat new customers with discount offers better than their loyal existing customers too! We have great news for you, purchase any new Black Friday deal today and we will add on '1' free month of service to the new product for every year you have been a customer! " - Was on their BF promo page.

@somik gets 6 months free. Wow. :dizzy:

I didn't see that! Awesome deal!

@alilet said:

Open a support ticket or contact their live support. They should be able to help.

@kennsann said:

@alilet said:

They actually left out the $0.99 part on the BF deals page, I think everything still has that $0.99. This is the case with dedicated servers as well. A bit misleading, I'd say.

My server is listed as $9 but the next page it was 9.99 as well. So i this that is a bit misleading on their offer page and email broadcast... ...

Thanked by 1plumberg

• somiksomik Member

@poisson said:
      @somik I was about to say that you really should upgrade. You can get a much better machine in 2019 for a lower price!

Ahahaha, just been too lazy. I had the server configured just the way I like so didn't want to redo it. But with this deal, I'm getting an upgrade and spending less then usual, so it's a win win for me.

@MissFortune said:
      I've used them. Way back when a $12/month reseller plan offers 100gb space, free WHMCS license and end user support, time when I was 14 years old HAHAHA. Anyways, aren't they always having deals? My 10-yr old email still getting spammed with their offers.

Yes, but I'm taking about their good offers... Their usual offer of selling a $300/m server for $99.99/m is not for us Lowend folk...

• Thanks for posting this, just purchased one of their x5650 servers.

• somiksomik Member

@Moofie said:
      Thanks for posting this, just purchased one of their x5650 servers.

Welcome. Similarly, do let us know if you come across good deals on your search. :smile:

• @Moofie said:

Which location? and what are the locations they provide?

• edited November 9

I just read turkeyinternet.net

Thanked by 2ITLabs poisson

I am going to #lexit

• I have been a very happy customer of turnkeyinternet for many years. Always been very happy with them. Support has been very fast and to the point. I can highly recommend them.

• sjkmesjkme Member

@chocolateshirt said:

Same :p decent offer though

• @chocolateshirt said:

@sjkme said:

@chocolateshirt said:

Planning to get one, so I want to know what you guys meant?

• sjkmesjkme Member

@kennsann said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@sjkme said:

@chocolateshirt said:

nothing nefarious, just read turnkey as turkey..

• @sjkme said:

@kennsann said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@sjkme said:

@chocolateshirt said:

Seriously.....

How could I have damned missed TURKEY...

~facepalm

• somiksomik Member

@kennsann said:

@sjkme said:

@kennsann said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@sjkme said:

@chocolateshirt said:

Seriously.....

~facepalm

LOL! I also missed it.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
      edited November 9

@somik said:

@kennsann said:

@sjkme said:

@kennsann said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@sjkme said:

@chocolateshirt said:

Seriously.....

~facepalm

LOL! I also missed it.

Turkey .. Black Friday Thanksgiving. Apt.

The bigger question is : will this apt turn into apt-get?

Oh well, might as well wait for the @uptime seal of approval.

Thanked by 2ITLabs uptime

Benchmark VPS'es || New! Review of Nexusbytes - Part I, Part II, Part III ||

• Can you run bench.sh
      Thank you!

@Moofie said:

• NekkiNekki Moderator

BF offers this early? Ruins the hype.

• donlidonli Member

@somik said:

@kennsann said:

@sjkme said:

@kennsann said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@sjkme said:

@chocolateshirt said:

Seriously.....

~facepalm

LOL! I also missed it.

That's why I wondered if they'd last past Thanksgiving.

• t0ny0t0ny0 Member

I just remembered something - be warned that "unmetered" 1gbps part is far from that. Ask in advance what the AUP is, cause I remember they were veeeeeeery very strict. I think it was set at 10TB or something like that, before they axe your account.

• @trungkien said:
      Can you run bench.sh
      Thank you!

@Moofie said:

Will do once my server has been provisioned.

• Back in the past I used a crazy WHM/cPanel reseller offer from them (I guess around 2012-2014). I reckon it was a BF or cyber monday deal. $7.5/mo for a good reseller plan with overselling enabled and WHMCS included. After two years they kicked me out and told they were losing money on my plan. They had let me know in advance and allowed me some time to migrate my clients. Did not have any major issues with them. All i know is you gotta respect AUP and TOS strictly.

Thanked by 1uptime
    • t0ny0 said: "unmetered" 1gbps part

Is it really 10TB the limited?

• dedipromodedipromo Member
      edited November 9

They are one of the bigger names in the industry and have been around for many years, so yearly prepayment is safe in this respect. However, they do charge insane fees if you ever get DDOS'ed or IP blacklisted.

SPAM COMPLAINT FEES
      A service fee of $50/complaint will be applied to any customer with more than 5 (five) verified abuse complaints in a given month. Abuse complaints are defined as documented issues that are confirmed violations of these terms of service and to be a result of customer, or customer's, web hosted content or information.
      A service fee of $125/hour will apply for investigation and corrective work performed by TurnKey Internet to resolve SPAM violations.

IP BLACKLIST FEES
      If, as a result of a Customer's actions, TurnKey Internet's mail servers or IP address ranges are placed on email black hole lists or other mail filtering software system list, TurnKey Internet shall charge the Customer $250 upfront and $125/hour thereafter for any necessary investigation and corrective work.

DOS & DDOS INCIDENT FEES
      Any website, server, service, or client who hosts, promotes, instigates, or gives cause or access in any form to cause a Denial of Service attack (DoS) or Distributed Denial of Service attack (DDoS) shall be responsible for the billable time of staff and mitigation services at $85 per hour, the cost of excessive bandwidth or other resource consumption, and a per-incident fee of $250. Services may remain suspended or offline until such time that these fees are paid, infull, or alternate terms are agreed to by our billing department during normal business hours. Customers subscribed to our DoS & DDoS filtering plans shall be exempt from these fees unless the combined number of incidents or combined incident bandwidth consumption exceeds the limits as defined in said customers filtering plan.

• A company I know uses their shared hosting for last 5 years or so. Great support from Turnkey and great price. I was a little nasty with them one time when their office IP got firewalled. But Support was excellent and didn't give me shit when it turned out the business's website designer installed a WordPress plugin the day before and didn't configure it properly, not Turnkey's fault at all. Clueless web designer who could only work with cPanel and WordPress and otherwise didn't know sweet F all about computers and network.

• somiksomik Member

@t0ny0 said:
      I just remembered something - be warned that "unmetered" 1gbps part is far from that. Ask in advance what the AUP is, cause I remember they were veeeeeeery very strict. I think it was set at 10TB or something like that, before they axe your account.

I unfortunately cant verify that cause my server pulls a maximum of 800 GB of bandwidth per month, with averages around 200 GB.

From their support replies, unless you are maxing out their 1gpbs connection all the time, they wont bother you.

@DreamCaster said:
      Back in the past I used a crazy WHM/cPanel reseller offer from them (I guess around 2012-2014). I reckon it was a BF or cyber monday deal. $7.5/mo for a good reseller plan with overselling enabled and WHMCS included. After two years they kicked me out and told they were losing money on my plan. They had let me know in advance and allowed me some time to migrate my clients. Did not have any major issues with them. All i know is you gotta respect AUP and TOS strictly.

Turnkeyinternet has their own datacenter, network, hardware, support team, basically everything you need, they OWN it. They also have been in the business for a long time and would like to continue. So their support is top notch. I got my home IP banned from my CSF a few times (i think around 7 or 8 times). They helped to troubleshoot the issue and add a custom rule to my CSF for free (not just IP whitelist) so people's IP dont get banned.

@greattomeetyou said:

t0ny0 said: "unmetered" 1gbps part

Is it really 10TB the limited?

It's best to check with their support team before buing.

@dedipromo said:
      They are one of the bigger names in the industry and have been around for many years, so yearly prepayment is safe in this respect. However, they do charge insane fees if you ever get DDOS'ed or IP blacklisted.

SPAM COMPLAINT FEES
      A service fee of $50/complaint will be applied to any customer with more than 5 (five) verified abuse complaints in a given month. Abuse complaints are defined as documented issues that are confirmed violations of these terms of service and to be a result of customer, or customer's, web hosted content or information.
      A service fee of $125/hour will apply for investigation and corrective work performed by TurnKey Internet to resolve SPAM violations.

IP BLACKLIST FEES
      If, as a result of a Customer's actions, TurnKey Internet's mail servers or IP address ranges are placed on email black hole lists or other mail filtering software system list, TurnKey Internet shall charge the Customer $250 upfront and $125/hour thereafter for any necessary investigation and corrective work.

DOS & DDOS INCIDENT FEES
      Any website, server, service, or client who hosts, promotes, instigates, or gives cause or access in any form to cause a Denial of Service attack (DoS) or Distributed Denial of Service attack (DDoS) shall be responsible for the billable time of staff and mitigation services at $85 per hour, the cost of excessive bandwidth or other resource consumption, and a per-incident fee of $250. Services may remain suspended or offline until such time that these fees are paid, infull, or alternate terms are agreed to by our billing department during normal business hours. Customers subscribed to our DoS & DDoS filtering plans shall be exempt from these fees unless the combined number of incidents or combined incident bandwidth consumption exceeds the limits as defined in said customers filtering plan.

Turnkey does not mess around when you abuse their services. They might turn a blind eye to you on occasions, but if you get their IP banned cause of doing illegal stuff, you will be paying for it.

Do not use turnkeyinternet.net for SPAM. If you want to host a gameserver or something that can get DDOSed, sign up with their DDOS protection at only $5 per month.

@TimboJones said:
      A company I know uses their shared hosting for last 5 years or so. Great support from Turnkey and great price. I was a little nasty with them one time when their office IP got firewalled. But Support was excellent and didn't give me shit when it turned out the business's website designer installed a WordPress plugin the day before and didn't configure it properly, not Turnkey's fault at all. Clueless web designer who could only work with cPanel and WordPress and otherwise didn't know sweet F all about computers and network.

The firewall issue happened to me on my own dedicated server. They were happy to help fix it, even though it was my fault that i got firewalled on my own dedi...

Thanked by 2t0ny0 poisson

• What is the VPS CPU spec? geekbench or sysbench will be great.
      Thanks

• I don't have any VPS with them. Only a dedicated server and a shared hosting plan.

• donlidonli Member
      edited November 11

@somik said:
      I don't have any VPS with them. Only a dedicated server and a shared hosting plan.

How is the shared hosting (what's the LAV and # cores, and memory usage ?

• @donli said:

@somik said:
      I don't have any VPS with them. Only a dedicated server and a shared hosting plan.

How is the shared hosting?

Great uptime, but their restrictions on suhosin and PHP is a bit too much... My IP got banned once by their suhosin while I was editing my PHP script using their cPanel filehost.

Recently my WordPress went into a endless loop ever since they changed something on PHP.

Other then this, very high uptime and responsive server.

• MoofieMoofie Member
      edited November 11

So a quick update with my order -
      4 days after purchasing my server I received an email asking for me to call them up for some sort of billing verification that’s “required by all customers.” I’ve since canceled my order and have received a full refund as I’m not comfortable with this.

• @Moofie said:
      So a quick update with my order -
      4 days after purchasing my server I received an email asking for me to call them up for some sort of billing verification that’s “required by all customers.” I’ve since canceled my order and have received a full refund as I’m not comfortable with this.

why is that a problem? U got somethin to hide?