Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why are the LEB Feed offers, posted in offers allowed to break the rules? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why are the LEB Feed offers, posted in offers allowed to break the rules?

Comments

• @deank said:
    The end was here. The end was when someone announced "changes".

Welcome to post apocalyptic LET, PALET.

Amen.. I mean Amitz..

Thanked by 2ehab uptime
  • @imok said:
    It has been tried many times. The staff needs to make a plan and lead it.

Or we need to find a new leader.

Like ants.

Or bees.

Or humans.

Or vegetablez

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited November 2019

I was told there would be potatoes?

Thanked by 2ITLabs FrankZ
  • I suggest we Amitz this topic daily.

Thanked by 2uptime ITLabs
  • Move the offers and people will follow. 😉

Thanked by 1Chronic
  • I am sick of this place. Not of you, the members or the team of volunteers. Love you all. But it sickens me to see what ColoCrossing and Deluxe made of this place over time.

I am with @AnthonySmith and hereby quit coming here. No more LET for me after more than 7 years . Sad. But at least the magic "7" turns up a last time.

You can find me at the place with balls. I will surely not be as active over there as I have been here in the past, but you know where to find me.

All the best guys!
    It was a pleasure spending time with you.

Fuck ColoCrossing. Fuck Deluxe.com.

• @Amitz said:
    All the best guys!

Is the party over? :cry:

• @ITLabs said:

@Amitz said:
    All the best guys!

Is the party over? :cry:

No, it just moved somewhere else with better tunes 🎉🎊🎵> https://hostballs.com/t/the-ball-pit/18/15012

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • Thanked by 2uptime ehab
  • @ITLabs said:

In honour of Amitz party they should be riding a goat. Or acting like one.

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited November 2019

@vyas11 said:
    In honour of Amitz party they should be riding a goat. Or acting like one.

OK!

Thanked by 2uptime vyas11
  • and the https://the.amitz.party keeps on rocking ... elsewhere :smiley:

Thanked by 2ITLabs Ympker
  • cybertech said: Isn't hostballs the alternative? Or not?

No, in my opinion it is no where close to the same or an alternative for many reasons. Most notably of which is the forum software operates much different and the whole 'vibe' there is different (not that this is entirely a bad thing, just the whole dark theme and everything doesn't really motivate me to want to stay there). I have checked it a few times bu could never really find that special something to motivate me to want to join...

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint Chronic
  • @Amitz has left the building

Thanked by 2uptime imok
  • I am making a balls account, I do not like the color or the theme but well, Amitz is there so I need to be on both from now on.

Thanked by 2ITLabs uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited November 2019

tgl said: @Amitz has left the building

as has https://the.amitz.party :smiley:

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • Installing deb..

Thanked by 1uptime
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited November 2019

AnthonySmith said: I am interested in peoples views on this particular thread so I will stick about for a bit, then I will be leading by example myself.

I understand what you want to stand for and that something needs to be done, but at the same time that really just hurts the people who respect you here and enjoy your company here.

ColoCrossing and Deluxe Ball Fondlers Inc., don't actually give two shits either way. So in the end, the saddest part is this just hurts the community that is left instead of punishing Deluxe Ball Fondlers Inc. for their scammy and abusive behavior.

Without a reasonable place to switch to, you are also asking a community of people to basically alienate them selves from one of their social outlets... these days this actually means more than I think you think it does. There are a lot of autistic and introverted people here who are able to find some friends and a way to express them selves that sadly I don't think many other communities provide. It is hard to find a community that is technically savvy enough yet still welcoming to new users that fits for these type of users, which I personally believe are a lot of us who are here still.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited November 2019

Amitz said: I am with @AnthonySmith and hereby quit coming here. No more LET for me after more than 7 years . Sad. But at least the magic "7" turns up a last time.

Again, as I told Anthony in my above reply, I don't really think this will be the best way to handle it. It is the few sain people left here that keep others from just blindly being taken advantage of. It almost isn't fair for us to all leave and just let a bunch of people be even more abused by this place. That said, always open to an alternative, but I don't consider Hostballs that alternative by any stretch.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• @TheLinuxBug - good points, and while I'm inclined to agree for the most part ... I do think that ultimately it will be for the best if this community is able to eventually (hopefully real soon now) find itself once again in a slightly less obnoxious environment (at least with regards to the persistent LEB scams being rubbed in our collective face). LET's do what it takes to be done with all that.

It might take a while to figure out - and I'm going to enjoy shitposting here for however long it takes - but I'm not looking to keep feeding the cc beast much more in the long run.

• I've been over at Hostballs for quite a while and I love the spirit and atmosphere there. I also keep coming back to LET because it has a different vibe. I'd probably appreciate it more if https://****balls.com/categories was the startpage over at HB but it's just two clicks so don't mind me. A few good people and me - of another community I've been part of for years - have once gone and made a respective derivate forum. We've had the good people but it didn't turn out the way we wanted to. Similar to most people here we wanted to keep the "spirit"/atmosphere sorta. What happened was that about 60% of the good people joined us but in the end we realized it was actually the lurkers (majority of members) missing to get that feeling back. After a year or so our forum derivate died as we weren't so motivated ourselves anymore since it wasn't what we had wanted it to be. Domain was dropped and most people returned to the old forum (me included) but some left for good. So in the end it was the old crappy forum that lasted and some good people that left the community for good. This has kept me wary of attempting a move like this. Let alone forcing it. I'll stick around here and I'll be sure to join any derivate forum like HB that seems interesting. If LET eventually dies so be it.

• configuring lv's..

• WolveixWolveix Member
    edited November 2019

@TheLinuxBug said:

cybertech said: Isn't hostballs the alternative? Or not?

No, in my opinion it is no where close to the same or an alternative for many reasons. Most notably of which is the forum software operates much different and the whole 'vibe' there is different (not that this is entirely a bad thing, just the whole dark theme and everything doesn't really motivate me to want to stay there).

@tgl said:
    I am making a balls account, I do not like the color or the theme but well, Amitz is there so I need to be on both from now on.

You can change your default theme to the "Light" theme in the settings (Preferences -> Interface -> Theme) :)

Thanked by 2Ympker MichaelCee
  • @Wolveix great, I just did thanks

Thanked by 1Wolveix
  • @tgl said:
    @Wolveix great, I just did thanks

It seems some people like the dark side, but not me, I like white too.

• ChrisMillerChrisMiller Member
    edited November 2019

Amitz said: I am sick of this place. Not of you, the members or the team of volunteers. Love you all. But it sickens me to see what ColoCrossing and Deluxe made of this place over time.
    I am with @AnthonySmith and hereby quit coming here. No more LET for me after more than 7 years . Sad. But at least the magic "7" turns up a last time.
    You can find me at the place with balls. I will surely not be as active over there as I have been here in the past, but you know where to find me.
    All the best guys!

>Fuck ColoCrossing. Fuck Deluxe.com.

• Best of luck to you all. This should last about a month or so before it just gets turned off with no one caring. This thread proves the point, it's already 3 pages long of trying to form a community by committee, shitposting and attempts at drama. That's LET. That's why you come here and why you will continue to. Maybe under another account, maybe just not posting but you'll still visit and contribute to the clicks and impressions.

What will drive people to LETv2? Not the forum software and as mentioned not anything technical. Anyone can spin up a forum instance. People want to see a train wreck. They want drama, they want to shit on each other. They want to feel self important and tell others how wrong they are. They write walls of text about things no one really cares to read. You really want to replicate that? Why, reddit's got that covered.

This is going to be like cociu, "I'm never posting anything here again. Until I need something from you and then I'll be back."

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

TheLinuxBug said: Hostballs that alternative by any stretch.

What's lacking in your eyes?

Francisco

• I've notified @cvps_chris about a week ago of an offer on LEB that breaks the LEB pricing rules.

https://lowendbox.com/blog/megazone-hosting-kvm-vps-plans-and-reseller-hosting-out-of-chicago/

Note that the offer is over 10 usd/month for RESELLER HOSTING.

The self-applied rules for reseller hosting are that it's a max of 5 usd/month, so the price limit is broken by more than 100%.

I have received no response.

Thanked by 1Sofia_K
This discussion has been closed.