Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why are the LEB Feed offers, posted in offers allowed to break the rules? - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why are the LEB Feed offers, posted in offers allowed to break the rules?

Comments

• Was lurking this thread the other day. Seems like I've missed a lot. I would say that starting forums/communities now is a super uphill battle unless you can offer something way different. The most successful seem to have great knowledge based resources...

Thanked by 1Chronic
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@sambling said:
    Was lurking this thread the other day. Seems like I've missed a lot. I would say that starting forums/communities now is a super uphill battle unless you can offer something way different. The most successful seem to have great knowledge based resources...

I think that's how LET started as well, originating from LEB which had useful articles about running things on low-spec servers.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Based on what i have found out in this thread, it would maybe be smart to not post any BlackFriday offers on LET just to send message. Pretty much we hosts are growing this community by posting awesome offers and someone else is using that to gain much more than any of providers here will ever gain. No offers, dead forum...

We will post our BF deal somewhere else. I am inviting everyone who have at least some common business sense to do the same. Lets send a message.

Even if no one else will do the same, i will not just sit and wait...

• Sad times, Doctor, sad times.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Nekki said: Sad times, Doctor, sad times.

:(

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2019

Wow talk of lexit, smaller set of providers, members turning into de facto providers,and toxicity in posts because of one recent forum member. BF deals (or lack there of) Might be the trigger for accelerating the downhill ride.

But then sounds like business as usual.

Mods will have more than their hands full . As if that was not already the case!!

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited November 2019

drserver said: We will post our BF deal somewhere else.

Hey Doctor, you're welcome to our party ;-)

• I’m trying to sort out BF awesomeness - but if you fuckers don’t want that action on LET, just say the word and I’ll save myself the effort.

Thanked by 2uptime skorous
  • @Nekki wherever you want to do your awesome thing mang ... but damn wouldn't it be something crazy to see it happen at that fresh new forum full of the spirit of Emma Watson waiting for you to absolutely ravish any and all comers :)

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited November 2019

doing my part now. as an individual paying customer, i commit not to buy any BF deal posted in here. it can be the dirtiest cheap deal ever from cociu or virmach but i will not give in.

and i commit all my additional lunch monies of 2020 to buy more than i can in the new greener pasture.

walkthetalk

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited November 2019

man oh man we got some hard core partisans (partysans?) checking in here - the lowend spirit seems to be downright contagious!

personally I'm not an absolutist (and can't say I have much skin in the game anyway)

but ... I can dig it.

The lowend is nigh! :scream:

Thanked by 2vyas11 ITLabs
  • Amitz

• @cybertech said:
    doing my part now. as an individual paying customer, i commit not to buy any BF deal posted in here. it can be the dirtiest cheap deal ever from cociu or virmach but i will not give in.

and i commit all my additional lunch monies of 2020 to buy more than i can in the new greener pasture.

walkthetalk

Second that. I am done buying from LET. Of course I understand that for providers, business comes first and LET still presents excellent prospects. However, in future, I probably will probably recommend providers who do not have an active presence on LET a lot more highly because it is not a good thing to have offers from reputable hosts next to shit LEB scams in the right panel.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @uptime said:
    @Nekki wherever you want to do your awesome thing mang ... but damn wouldn't it be something crazy to see it happen at that fresh new forum full of the spirit of Emma Watson waiting for you to absolutely ravish any and all comers :)

No. I’ve said before, I die here. No new forums for me.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @Nekki said:

@uptime said:
    @Nekki wherever you want to do your awesome thing mang ... but damn wouldn't it be something crazy to see it happen at that fresh new forum full of the spirit of Emma Watson waiting for you to absolutely ravish any and all comers :)

Thanked by 2uptime ITLabs
  • @Nekki never say never, nekkitalk.com is free

I am more open to new stuff, although yes this place is eating some of my time, it used to eat a lot more back in the LEB days when I was waiting for new offers to come up, now there are so many i cannot decide anymore so I gave up on following them.

Thanked by 2uptime kkrajk
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited November 2019

@Nekki said:

Well then might as well live as though we die tomorrow.

Or maybe the next day, I don't know.

@poisson ... I am reminded of a quote: "Beware the fury of a patient man."

• EdmondEdmond Member
    edited November 2019

@cybertech said:

walkthetalk

Alright, @cociu and @VirMach, go join #lexit so we can still buy your deals without LET.

Thanked by 2uptime cybertech
  • There are dozens of us! :scream:

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

I'm not so sure anyone dies here anyway. Yes, CC unloads a lot of crap here, but LET still has some quality, many good users, and many good offers (plus loads of fun).

My guess is that the community of the 2nd LET ex admin will at best achieve what the 1st ex admins community achieved: it seems to be a nice place - but LET is still the place to be (and the place where I am).

And btw: the right response to CC unloading crap here is not to leave. It is us putting even more good content and tasty offers into LET.

Thanked by 2uptime poisson
  • @jsg it will be interesting to see what happens - I don't think anyone's taking much for granted either way.

But from what I've observed so far, it seems entirely (although admitedly still very much theoretically) possible that eventually LES will be to LET what LET is to LEB ... if that analogy makes any sense. (And as LEB seems to have headed steeply downhill - will LET go tumbling after?)

Many providers and posters do move on to greener pastures sooner or later - if they ever even came here to begin with. I don't expect it will necessarily happen at the drop of a hat. But so far ... it's happening.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • @jsg said:
    I'm not so sure anyone dies here anyway. Yes, CC unloads a lot of crap here, but LET still has some quality, many good users, and many good offers (plus loads of fun).

My guess is that the community of the 2nd LET ex admin will at best achieve what the 1st ex admins community achieved: it seems to be a nice place - but LET is still the place to be (and the place where I am).

And btw: the right response to CC unloading crap here is not to leave. It is us putting even more good content and tasty offers into LET.

That's a fair alternative perspective, but I honestly don't like how scammy hosts can appear alongside legitimate hosts. I will still do my tiny bit to mitigate the scams with my little side project (in my signature).

Thanked by 2uptime kkrajk
  • @Nekki said:

Keep up the good fight here in LEB/T.

@jsg said:

For now, that's true. But if LEB keeps this up, the distrust towards LEB will fall on LET sooner or later.

@uptime said:
    @jsg it will be interesting to see what happens - I don't think anyone's taking much for granted either way.

It's just starting up, so that's a given.

@poisson said:
    That's a fair alternative perspective, but I honestly don't like how scammy hosts can appear alongside legitimate hosts. I will still do my tiny bit to mitigate the scams with my little side project (in my signature).

I'm afraid that soon the line will blur further once the LEB customers that got scammed on blackfriday deals appears on LET to vent their anger... Heck, even I dont know where LEB ends and LET begins, and I have been here for months...

Thanked by 1uptime
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited November 2019

@uptime

I've seen quite a few communities during my life that were given a death prognosis. Most of them survived while the "alternatives" didn't really take off. So, IMO at the very least I think that one should wait before declaring LET as dying.

@poisson

Yes! Of bloody course I also dislike CC's dumping LEB trash in here.

But I think that the damage that many seem to perceive is way, way bigger than the real damage. And pardon my frank words but in most cases a scam has two involved, a scammer and an idiot.

As for your lowendboxes review (a name with a certain taste btw), feel free to use all my reviews published here. I'm happy to support your attempt to mitigate CC's trash dumping. And I see it as an honorable attempt because it's not at the same time damaging LET like a certain LET "alternative" seems to (intentionally?) do.

Which btw is yet another reason why I would rather join hostballs if I ever switched communities. @jar seems to be a bit rough but honest and straight.

@somik

I think there's a lot of room between the damage really done by LEB and the damage perceived and/or alleged to be done.
    I mean, it's not that hard to ignore clearly marked LEB threads.

Yes, CC's trash dumping is a nuisance, an ugly one, but it's not what some blow it up to look like.

Thanked by 2poisson uptime
  • @somik Actually I was ok until they put that LEB offers crap on the right and then the bot starting spamming automated LEB offers. Mods delete the LEB bot offers and they magically reappear. That's the straw for me.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • poissonpoisson Member
    edited November 2019

@jsg said:
    And pardon my frank words but in most cases a scam has two involved, a scammer and an idiot.

Can someone sticky this, please.

Thanked by 1jsg
  • Looks like I'm here for a bit longer, after LES f'ked my eyesight with "night mode".

• I just want one more BF and leave.

• @ehab said:
    I just want one more BF and leave.

That’s where I was going with it, one last tilt at past glories and move on.

• @Nekki said:

@ehab said:
    I just want one more BF and leave.

That’s where I was going with it, one last tilt at past glories and move on.

This is also my inclination as far as LET is concerned

Thanked by 1uptime
This discussion has been closed.