Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Netlify or cloudflare or other CDNs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Netlify or cloudflare or other CDNs

First, i really like netlify service for simplicity and ability to serve html files using their CDN and i don't need to maintain a main website...whole content is hosted on their environment.

but recently zeit changed their free plan bandwidth limit from 100GB to 20GB so i doubt netlify may follow and in that case, it costs $20 for 100GB BW,

on other hand, i heard about cloudflare a lot but never used, i am really amazed at their network map.

Did anyone here used netlify or cloudflare with html pages caching? (my sites are 100% static pages with no contact form too)

or any other cheap CDNs (like bunnyCDN) offers HTML caching? so whole site is on their CDN only.

any insight is appreciated,

Comments

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2019

CDN Discussion seems to be popular today.

and here

We use CF quite a bit but would consider giving @BunnySpeed a try after reading the discussion in the first link. That might also make a sad bunny happy.

@Sofia_K had posted about using CF + workers about her CF setup (speed only) and another post previously - in detail. Cannot find the link to it.

• Cloudflare seems to not cache urls ending with / unless specifically set to do via Page Rules.

I tried using Netlify, but they only seem to cache image files. HTML seems to be cached using their in-house CDN, which wasn't that good :(

I'd personally recommend using BunnyCDN for that use case.

Thanked by 2isunbejo seenu
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Use BunnyCDN and don't look back. Fantastic support and great features.

Thanked by 2BunnySpeed seenu
  • BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep

We cache everything that has the appropriate Cache-Control headers, so a static website is perfectly fine, especially with the geo-replicated storage that's coming soon if it's based on HTML files alone.

Thanked by 1seenu
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited November 2019

@Jord said:
    great features.

Seems like BunnyCDN has been busy adding moar good stuff to this list: https://bunnycdn.com/features

CDN network is fast my man!

Thanked by 3ITLabs Timtimo13 seenu

@uptime said:

@Jord said:
    great features.

Seems like BunnyCDN has been busy adding moar good stuff to this list: https://bunnycdn.com/features

CDN network is fast my man!

Yes sir, very prem my man!

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @BunnySpeed said:
    We cache everything that has the appropriate Cache-Control headers, so a static website is perfectly fine, especially with the geo-replicated storage that's coming soon if it's based on HTML files alone.

Tried BunnyCDN yesterday. Unfortunately websocket seems not working.

• @supertoon said:

@BunnySpeed said:

Yup. WebSocket isn't supported. BunnyCDN is more of a static file serving platform rather than boost your whole website with one click.

BTW, may I ask what you need WS for?

• @sanvit said:

@supertoon said:

@BunnySpeed said:

Yup. WebSocket isn't supported. BunnyCDN is more of a static file serving platform rather than boost your whole website with one click.

For me, the task is not to accelerate static content delivery. I'm looking for a detour to my VPS bacause the default route path is so jammed. Sounds a bit like SD-WAN, and I'd like to pay for this service.

• @supertoon said:

@sanvit said:

@supertoon said:

@BunnySpeed said:

For me, the task is not to accelerate static content delivery. I'm looking for a detour to my VPS bacause the default route path is so jammed. Sounds a bit like SD-WAN, and I'd like to pay for this service.

Something like IP over WS? CloudFlare is good with that. WS supported by default, and has one of the best routing. You can also add Argo ($5/m + $0.1/GB) for best available routing (I always got 100Mbps+ from anywhere to anywhere with it).

• Argo is super expensive considering that their Warp+ service costs the same $5 a month but has unlimited traffic while using the same technology underneath

Thanked by 1seenu
  • seenuseenu Member
    edited November 2019

BunnySpeed said: We cache everything that has the appropriate Cache-Control headers, so a static website is perfectly fine, especially with the geo-replicated storage that's coming soon if it's based on HTML files alone.

do you have feature to connect to git repo and build static files or we should do everything on our vps and then push to Bunny?

• @Jord said:

+1 for BunnyCDN and for their billing options (pay as you go with 10$ minimum recharge option)

@tetahost said:

@Jord said:

+1 for BunnyCDN and for their billing options (pay as you go with 10$ minimum recharge option)

BunnyCDN is prem, there are no other words for it.