Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
What is the best value KVM VPS under 3 and 5 EUR a month?
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

What is the best value KVM VPS under 3 and 5 EUR a month?

manishmanish Member
edited November 2019 in Help

Requirements for 3 EUR:

Dedicated IPv4 + IPv6 /64
2GB or above RAM
Minimum of 25GB SSD or NVMe
Europe location

For 5 EUR:
Same as above with 4GB RAM minimum

Thanks!

«13

Comments

  • Remember the value of LET is purely based on its traffic.

  • No /64 IPv6 only 1 x IPv6, is it justified in 2019?

  • @cybertech What is your view on https://www.scaleway.com/en/virtual-instances/development/ 2.99 EUR / month one? How does it compare with this venocix that you shared? If we ignore the /64 IPv6 issue.

  • @manish said:

    No /64 IPv6 only 1 x IPv6, is it justified in 2019?

    well it depends, is it justified for EUR 3 a mth, but u could check with them.
    Otherwise Hetzner is good value at 20GB NVMe , EUR 2,49

    Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL

    Remember the value of LET is purely based on its traffic.

  • cybertech said: Otherwise Hetzner is good value at 20GB NVMe , EUR 2,49

    Why not scaleway @ 2.99, it is dual-core and offer in AMS / FR? Unless I need Finland for some reasons.

  • @manish said:
    @cybertech What is your view on https://www.scaleway.com/en/virtual-instances/development/ 2.99 EUR / month one? How does it compare with this venocix that you shared? If we ignore the /64 IPv6 issue.

    Did not try before. No PayPal no go.

    Remember the value of LET is purely based on its traffic.

  • cybertech said: No PayPal no go.

    Haha. But Paypal loots us a lot in India in conversion charges and fees. It is official loot company. Chargeback policy is what you love?

    Thanked by 1kp93
  • @manish said:

    cybertech said: Otherwise Hetzner is good value at 20GB NVMe , EUR 2,49

    Why not scaleway @ 2.99, it is dual-core and offer in AMS / FR? Unless I need Finland for some reasons.

    Do try and let me know how it goes

    Remember the value of LET is purely based on its traffic.

  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2019

    @manish said:

    cybertech said: No PayPal no go.

    Haha. But Paypal loots us a lot in India in conversion charges and fees. It is official loot company. Chargeback policy is what you love?

    Paypal may be Dr. Evil but effective difference works out to 3 or 3.5 rupees per dollar. Quite similar to credit card charges. With a new untested provider or service I wouldn’t try anything else till more providers start accepting Payoneer or Rupay.

    My only faux pas was with getting a Hostdoc VPS- my fault totally, I opted to pay the invoice in INR, original was in GBP. PP double charged, thankfully low amount transaction and annual plan. So the 16 GBP plan actually ended up costing 17.5, plus PP fees plus conversion charges. I jokingly complained to Hostdoc Customer service- admitting it was my fault, they took it in right spirit.

    Coming to your requirement obvious answer is to wait till BF. The @PHP_Friends deal was awesome but now OOS actually lower than your 5 Eur cap.

    @Hostdoc DE2/DE3 plan the FR Plan seems OOS.

    You might want to check with @HostSlick here

    od @SmartHost here

    Or @seriesn - Thursday special though on LET that may actually get posted in Sunday?

  • PHP_FriendsPHP_Friends Member, Provider

    We will have a offer for Black Friday :)

    Thanked by 3vimalware netfox kkrajk
  • @PHP_Friends said:
    We will have a offer for Black Friday :)

    This is sounding intriguing. I am going to have to voluntarily cut my internet access for that entire week, or I will have idling VPSes but no money to pay my ISP to administer them.

    Thanked by 1eingress

    Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Follow latest deals on Twitter or Telegram

  • @PHP_Friends said:
    We will have a offer for Black Friday :)

    Where will I find those? What is your website?

  • @vyas11 Did you try with Scaleway ever? I believe their offer for dual-core VPS @ 2.99 is best.

  • vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited November 2019

    @vyas11 said:

    @manish said:

    cybertech said: No PayPal no go.

    Haha. But Paypal loots us a lot in India in conversion charges and fees. It is official loot company. Chargeback policy is what you love?

    >

    Is PayPal really that much worse? I tallied up the forex charges and igst charges that show up a separate line items when I pay my larger euro invoices with a visa CC.

    The effective rate per euro seemed very close between CC and PayPal (single line item in CC statement)

    I would swap a couple of invoices back to CC if it saves me $3-5 per month.

    Thanked by 2vyas11 kp93

    Tired of LET scams?
    A Moderated forum : https://talk.lowendspirit.com/

  • chocolateshirt said: Sold out..

    iSad :( So much good offer.

  • @manish said:

    chocolateshirt said: Sold out..

    iSad :( So much good offer.

    IMHO, keep your money for now, after 2 weeks there are tons of good offers posted here or hostballs..

    | #lexit |

  • @vimalware said:

    @vyas11 said:

    @manish said:

    cybertech said: No PayPal no go.

    Haha. But Paypal loots us a lot in India in conversion charges and fees. It is official loot company. Chargeback policy is what you love?

    >

    Is PayPal really that much worse? I tallied up the forex charges and igst charges that show up a separate line items when I pay my larger euro invoices with a visa CC.

    The effective rate per euro seemed very close between CC and PayPal (single line item in CC statement)

    I would swap a couple of invoices back to CC if it saves me $3-5 per month.

    Precisely. Minor difference in PP versus cc at sub20 usd/month level

    Thanked by 1vimalware
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited November 2019

    When paying via PayPal there's an option to use issuing bank's exchange rate instead of PayPal. That should be same or close I don't know about India though. It's not about charge back but about general consumer protection in case things go south

    Remember the value of LET is purely based on its traffic.

  • or go directly with scaleway as you obviously already compare everything to it only looking at the price. no, I have not used them recently. I consider their service mediocre or below. 200 MBit is a deal stopper, so is single disk. and onlines network tends to be congested at prime time... however somehow my guess is you'll need to make your own experiences...

    Thanked by 3vyas11 ITLabs uptime

    most recommended Provider: First-Root KVM Power-Edition /w SSD
    UltraVPS.eu KVM in US/UK/NL/DE: 15% off first 6 month | Netcup VPS/rootDS - 5€ off: 36nc15279180197 (ref)

  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2019

    Scaleway no-a-way for me

    @manish if you are happy with “the best” then recommendations in this thread are of little to no use to you. Good luck with your choice.

    Thanked by 1Falzo
  • Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited November 2019

    Scaleway Epycs are less than overwhelming.
    https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/455859

    I/O is also on the low side.
    Network is not limited right now (shared 1 or 2.5Gbit afaict) and comes with crappy peering.

    Not really worth it.

    Thanked by 3Falzo uptime angelius

    Providing less than /64 means "we are clueless about IPv6". My geekbench results. I haz BuyvM, IonSwitch, OneProv, Servarica, Veesp.

  • @manish said:

    cybertech said: Otherwise Hetzner is good value at 20GB NVMe , EUR 2,49

    Why not scaleway @ 2.99, it is dual-core and offer in AMS / FR? Unless I need Finland for some reasons.

    Base on my experience, their cores is arm and most my scripts need editing. Also they always out of stock.
    My only use case in the past is install rclone to clone TBs ISOs between different google drive.

    Coffee, please.

  • @manish said:
    @vyas11 Did you try with Scaleway ever? I believe their offer for dual-core VPS @ 2.99 is best.

    Just go with Scaleway because you seem to be obsessed with price

    Thanked by 1vimalware

    "Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

  • Has anybody mentioned Scaleway yet?

    the Amitz.party lives on!

  • @uptime said:
    Has anybody mentioned Scaleway yet?

    Who? Hetzner!

    #lexit | FatPal - Official LET payment gateway

  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited November 2019

    @manish - I notice your request does not seem to have yielded very many good suggestions.

    If your budget is really capped at €5/month then I would suggest considering slightly more modest specs in order to get verifiable quality from any number of decent providers such as Hetzner, First-Root, CrownCloud, UltraVPS.eu, AlphaVPS.bg, Liteserver.nl, InceptionHosting, HostDoc, wishosting (and so on)

    Otherwise ... maybe just not all that much on the lowend landscape other than scaleway and scammers (generally speaking, with occasional exceptions) - unless Black Friday comes early ...

    If I might ask - what is your intended use for the server(s) ?

    Thanked by 1dahartigan

    the Amitz.party lives on!

  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited November 2019

    @manish - I notice your request does not seem to have yielded very many good suggestions.

    If your budget is really capped at €5/month then I would suggest considering slightly more modest specs in order to get verifiable quality from any number of decent providers such as Hetzner, First-Root, CrownCloud, UltraVPS.eu, AlphaVPS.bg, Liteserver.nl, InceptionHosting, HostDoc, wishosting (and so on)

    Otherwise ... maybe just not all that much on the lowend landscape other than scaleway and scammers (generally speaking, with occasional exceptions) - unless Black Friday comes early ...

    If I might ask - what is your intended use for the server(s) ?

    EDIT2:

    if you can up your budgie just a bit to £4.49/month (about €5.21) then you may find some nice deals such as the 4 GB ram + 30 GB ssd + 4 shared vcores @ 4 GHz in Germany currently on HostDoc's flash sale page: https://hostdochost.i.ng/pricing

    And if you can live without IPv6 then wishosting's $5.99/month (about €5.40) "KVM SSD" in France is a good deal with 6 GB ram + 60 GB ssd: https://www.wishosting.com/order/main/packages/VPS/?group_id=2

    Also might keep an eye on nexusbytes (@seriesn) who recently had a sizzling deal for a 2GB ram + 20 GB ssd + 2 fast vcores in Germany at $3.25/month - would suggest to look for them on Hostballs tomorrow (just in case they might be doing their megadeal Thursday thing again there)

    the Amitz.party lives on!

  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2019

    @uptime said:

    So the list can go on but a moot point, bro

    Unfortunately the content says 3-5 Euros but intent is capped at 2.99 Scaleway. Here's a competitor to the Scaleway offer - dated, but should interest OP {{LEB link alert}}


    My second bro of the day title goes to @uptime who keeps posting these great links/ resources.

    Thanked by 3angstrom uptime ITLabs
  • @vyas11 said:
    {{LEB link alert}}

    bruh ...

    Thanked by 1dahartigan

    the Amitz.party lives on!

  • angstromangstrom Member
    edited November 2019

    @uptime: Pretty sure that this is the guy who was looking for free reliable email on HB a while back. Remember?

    "Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited November 2019

    @angstrom - thanks for the reminder. You know ... in all the confusion it's been hard to keep track

    I vaguely remember a "manish pants" character either here or on Hostballs as well. Possibly a different manish I think.

    anyway, seemed only mildly deranged, about par for course :)

    no worries - I guess at least there's a budget this time around

    Thanked by 1angstrom

    the Amitz.party lives on!

  • @angstrom said:
    @uptime: Pretty sure that this is the guy who was looking for free reliable email on HB a while back. Remember?

    Smells like trouble.

    Thanked by 1dahartigan

    Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Follow latest deals on Twitter or Telegram

  • deankdeank Member, Troll

    Once a lost cause, forever lost cause.

    I have not created a single thread. Verify it if you dare.

  • @uptime said:

    @vyas11 said:
    {{LEB link alert}}

    bruh ...

    Bruh for a reason.

    Thanked by 1dosai
  • angstromangstrom Member
    edited November 2019

    @uptime said:
    @angstrom - thanks for the reminder. You know ... in all the confusion it's been hard to keep track

    I vaguely remember a "manish pants" character either here or on Hostballs as well. Possibly a different manish I think.

    anyway, seemed only mildly deranged, about par for course :)

    no worries - I guess at least there's a budget this time around

    It was the only time (at the end of the exchange with him) that I saw you in what appeared to be a mildly irritated state :smile:

    "Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited November 2019

    @vyas11 said:

    @uptime said:

    @vyas11 said:
    {{LEB link alert}}

    bruh ...

    Bruh for a reason.

    Lulz .... I missed that one.

    @angstrom said:

    @uptime said:
    @angstrom - thanks for the reminder. You know ... in all the confusion it's been hard to keep track

    I vaguely remember a "manish pants" character either here or on Hostballs as well. Possibly a different manish I think.

    anyway, seemed only mildly deranged, about par for course :)

    no worries - I guess at least there's a budget this time around

    It was the only time (at the end of the exchange with him) that I saw you in what appeared to be a mildly irritated state :smile:

    ah yes ... I seem to have somehow managed to eventually, with much therapy and carefully titrated medication, finally erased all memory of that excrutiatingly tedious experience :smiley:

    Thanked by 1angstrom

    the Amitz.party lives on!

  • @uptime Thanks! I already found wishosting, it is good offer, yes. I won't be going with Scaleway any more. I will wait for the offers.

    @vyas11 I wanted the best value VM in two different segment 3 EUR and 5 EUR. Please do not make fun of me.

    Thanked by 1uptime
  • @PHP_Friends offer was one of the best. @HostDoc offers are unbeatable too.

    @uptime It is for myself. Personal VPS for email/panel + VPN [wg].

    Thanked by 2PHP_Friends uptime
  • @manish said:

    No /64 IPv6 only 1 x IPv6, is it justified in 2019?

    this was changed a few months back , we do offer /64 for all new virtual instances

    CTO Scaleway

  • @elliotc said:

    @manish said:

    cybertech said: Otherwise Hetzner is good value at 20GB NVMe , EUR 2,49

    Why not scaleway @ 2.99, it is dual-core and offer in AMS / FR? Unless I need Finland for some reasons.

    Base on my experience, their cores is arm and most my scripts need editing. Also they always out of stock.
    My only use case in the past is install rclone to clone TBs ISOs between different google drive.

    we provide way more than ARM these days and our stocks are much better anticipated too, we scaled quite a bit our deployments

    CTO Scaleway

  • WiredBladeWiredBlade Member, Provider

    Ahem

    Wired Blade, Inc. [AS398019] - Dedicated Servers & VPS in Phoenix, AZ. Affordable Prices & Excellent Support!
    VPS SALE!! 4 cores 8 GB RAM 60 GB SSD $10 with coupon HALFOFF DDoS Protected, 10Gbps available!

  • Check the V10 for 2,80€/ month:
    https://www.ipax.at/rootserver-mieten/vserver-mieten/guenstige-vserver/

    The V1 is very nice too. It is only 1€ but you need to calc 1,20€ for an IP address extra.

  • mikmak said: No /64 IPv6 only 1 x IPv6, is it justified in 2019?

    Are you talking about Scaleway or Venocix?

  • MarkLuun said: Check the V10 for 2,80€/ month:

    https://www.ipax.at/rootserver-mieten/vserver-mieten/guenstige-vserver/

    Which location? Can you give geek bench result? Is there a setup fee?

  • chocolateshirt said: IMHO, keep your money for now, after 2 weeks there are tons of good offers posted here or hostballs..

    Germans offer too much ram and dedicated vcore for nothing. It is almost free if you compare with Linode, DO etc.

  • @manish said:

    mikmak said: No /64 IPv6 only 1 x IPv6, is it justified in 2019?

    Are you talking about Scaleway or Venocix?

    Scaleway, I might have mis interpreted indeed sorry :)

    CTO Scaleway

  • @mikmak said:
    Scaleway, I might have mis interpreted indeed sorry :)

    Hello @mikmak

    Please re-consider processing payments through prepaid/virtual cards. I had been using Scaleway w/o any problems since last 3 years and had about 5 running instances. Since last month or so you stopped processing my monthly payment because the card attached to account is a prepaid one, even when the same card has been paying you for years. Result: I had to delete all my instances and my account now has over-dues as there is just no way to pay you now. You don't support even PayPal and have also restricted the card choices causing much dismay to the users.

    Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @dbman said:

    @mikmak said:
    Scaleway, I might have mis interpreted indeed sorry :)

    Hello @mikmak

    Please re-consider processing payments through prepaid/virtual cards. I had been using Scaleway w/o any problems since last 3 years and had about 5 running instances. Since last month or so you stopped processing my monthly payment because the card attached to account is a prepaid one, even when the same card has been paying you for years. Result: I had to delete all my instances and my account now has over-dues as there is just no way to pay you now. You don't support even PayPal and have also restricted the card choices causing much dismay to the users.

    this should not have happened, if you were already customer you should not have any issue, please open (or give me the ID if done already) a ticket to our assistance, they will help you

    Thanked by 1kkrajk

    CTO Scaleway

Sign In or Register to comment.