Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

MariaDB won't start / backup
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

MariaDB won't start / backup

Does anyone know if/how to export a database of the service is not running and won't start? I tried copying the folder for the database to another instance and it looks like he had the data but didn't it didn't work

Thanks

Comments

• creepcreep Member

mysqldump

You're so tight, baby.

• @creep said:
      mysqldump

When I try that if says failed to reach MySQL (localhost) unless there is some other argument I need to added

• creepcreep Member

i dont know man. its your own server, nobody but you know how you config everything.. could be mysql server is off, or different port, or else..

You're so tight, baby.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Top Provider

Had enough of the scams on lowendbox, lowendtalk is now being infiltrated by corruption so I have chosen to make an low end exit #lexit for now - you can find me HERE

• creep said: mysqldump

That's not going to work if the mysql server isn't up.

Reaperofpower said: the service is not running and won't start

creep said: could be mysql server is off

Ahem.

Thanked by 2Amitz iKeyZ

For LET support, please visit the interim support desk.

• Did you try to start myslq? service mysql start or similar depending on your OS?
      If again cannot start, did you check logs? What error does it produce when the mysql won't start? Did you check status mysql.service and journalctl -xe? Do you have backups before the issue? Did you deploy a backup of the server to check?

You asking here for help. but you do not give any detail (server, OS, installation, control panel, version, logs etc.). You will never get any real help if you just throw no details at all.

Thanked by 1Amitz

• If a program actually fits in memory and has enough disk space, it is guaranteed to crash.
      • If such a program has not crashed yet, it is waiting for a critical moment before it crashes.

• jsgjsg Member

First thing to do: have a good look into the logs.
      Next thing to do: provide a correct and full description of your situation.

• Have you tried
      mysql -u root -p
      Via root on your server?

Thanked by 1Amitz
    • Try starting the services with the mysqld_safe script. That will skip a lot of things that could be causing a problem.

https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/mysqld_safe/

• @Reaperofpower said:
      Does anyone know if/how to export a database of the service is not running and won't start?

And to think that you led us to believe that you were the reaper of power

"Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

• @Reaperofpower

If your latest backup is fairly recent, you could return to that

"Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)