Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostHatch 6TB storage plan in London for transfer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostHatch 6TB storage plan in London for transfer

Alright bitches, moving on a HostHatch special because I have a huge dedi at Hetzner now and despite being a great deal, it'll sit idling.

Recurring price is $14.50, and the invoice is due 5th of the month, so there's a couple of days left before due.

If you want this, I am asking that you make a £10 donation to a charity of my choosing. Once I see evidence of the donation, I will pay the $2.50 transfer fee and have the VPS moved to your HostHatch account.

I reserve the right to transfer this VPS to whomever I want, and this is not necessarily first come, first served. Reply below if you want. Anyone PM'ing me about this is instantly disqualified.

Comments

• If I don't want it do I have to PM you to be disqualified?

Thanked by 2creep princeshoko
  • @skorous said:
    If I don't want it do I have to PM you to be disqualified?

No need, you're already disqualified for being a bellend.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2019

Nice idea with the donation. Just a note, this is a VPS, right? Why not list its other specs aside from storage.

Also I'm curious do you get 6000 GB on those, or 6144 GB (6*1024), or 5600 GB (like on a 6TB hard drive).

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep
    # fdisk -l /dev/vda
    Disk /dev/vda: 5.9 TiB, 6443524685824 bytes

Comes with 6 GB of RAM and 2 vCPU incl. AES.
    Quite a nice storage box. I like mine. :)
    They just need to fix their Telia/DTAG uplink which is broken (IPv6) or 56k-like speed (IPv4). Waiting for their carrier to work on it. If you are outside Germany/DTAG this shouldn't affect you anyway. :)

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Sure, am curious what charity you'd choose anyway. Hit me up if I'm in the running

• @dfroe said:
    If you are outside Germany/DTAG this shouldn't affect you anyway. :)

It probably would affect Dutch T-Mobile (Home) customers too as they're tucked away behind DTAG AS3320 starting last week.

• Sure i'll take it :)

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited November 2019

@caracal said:
    Sure, am curious what charity you'd choose anyway. Hit me up if I'm in the running

Cancer Research UK, British Heart Foundation or the RSPCA.

Thanked by 1caracal
  • @rm_ said:
    Nice idea with the donation. Just a note, this is a VPS, right? Why not list its other specs aside from storage.

Also I'm curious do you get 6000 GB on those, or 6144 GB (6*1024), or 5600 GB (like on a 6TB hard drive).

You know, I don't even know what the spec is, I just bought it for the disk...

2x Intel Xeon E5-2690 v2 @ 3.00GHz
    6GB RAM
    6TB HDD

• @caracal all yours, please make the donation, send a screenshot and then pm me with the email address on your HostHatch account.

• Donated to Cancer Research UK. Sent details.

Thanks!

Thanked by 2Nekki brueggus
  • Oh fuck i am late

• Well I waited overnight, but there was no reason not to hand it over to @caracal so it wouldn't have mattered really.

I've seen the donation evidence (thanks for the extra donation, jolly good show man), so I've kicked off the transfer with HostHatch.

Thanked by 1caracal
  • williewillie Member
    edited November 2019

Nice going everyone. Nekki, which Hetzner dedi did you end up with if you don't mind my asking? My setup is now pretty suboptimal.

• @willie said:
    Nice going everyone. Nekki, which Hetzner dedi did you end up with if you don't mind my asking? My setup is now pretty suboptimal.

It’s a 4x6TB, i7-3770, 32GB RAM I think it was €55, which is a slightly cheaper than the ones at auction today. I was on the fence about keeping it, but they were pretty new enterprise disks (Hitachi Ultrastars, just over a year old), so that pushed me over the edge.

Thanked by 1willie
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited November 2019

@Abdullah

After originally confirming that the plan could be transferred via ticket, another support guy is suggesting that I can't because of 'compliance' and because they're worried about folks reselling; any chance you can help out here? Ticket ID is #905809.

• Plan now transferred, and HostHatch also waived the transfer fee as the plan was being sold for a charity donation!