Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NexusBytes-MegaDealThursday-NVME KVM [email protected]/mo-5GBRAM/70GBNVME Space-1$ Windows Server License - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NexusBytes-MegaDealThursday-NVME KVM [email protected]/mo-5GBRAM/70GBNVME Space-1$ Windows Server License

Comments

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    What's the cancellation policy? Tied in for months on end, like other German providers, or cancel a few days before due date? Need to send photocopies of your deceased Great Aunt's birth certificate (in triplicate), in order to terminate the service? Maybe a photo of cocui's sisters will do.
    Just askin'.

Yes

jk. Nah man. I like to keep it simple. You don’t need it, cancel or transfer it to someone else.

No refund or prorated refund after 48hours though. Regardless of the payment term.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited November 2019

@seriesn Horrendous signup screen! Stupid popup obscures the server name entry in Firefox/Mint. Press continue - it complains about lack of content (fair enough). Press the UP arrow (shouldn't it be down?), the popup shrinks but remains the focus so still unable to enter details. Same with Chromium.
    Betya it needs a f'kin MS browser to work!? What's the secret @jsg / @cybertech ?

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    Horrendous signup screen! Stupid popup obscures the server name entry in Firefox/Mint.

Will get it optimized. Didn't notice any major issues when I tested initially on my end and. Disabled it in the meantime and won't be activated till It is fixed. Thanks for reporting boss :)

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint poisson
  • @AlwaysSkint said:
    @seriesn Horrendous signup screen! Stupid popup obscures the server name entry in Firefox/Mint. Press continue - it complains about lack of content (fair enough). Press the UP arrow (shouldn't it be down?), the popup shrinks but remains the focus so still unable to enter details. Same with Chromium.
    Betya it needs a f'kin MS browser to work!? What's the secret @jsg / @cybertech ?

Android ftw

• Closed Firefox.. reopened..

MegaDeals Thursday - EU-Germany-Ultra-NVME-MT $3.25 USD
    Number of IPs: 1 $0.00 USD
    Control Panel: none $0.00 USD
    Operating System: centos-7.7-x86_64 $0.00 USD

Total Recurring
    Monthly $3.25 USD

Setup Fees $0.00 USD

$3.25 USD

• @cybertech said:
    Android ftw

You just gotta be kidding.
    I use my tablet for silly games and smartphone to text (crap), phone (rarely) and test website 'mobility' (for GenX & millenials).

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited November 2019

@AlwaysSkint said:

@cybertech said:
    Android ftw

You just gotta be kidding.
    I use my tablet for silly games and smartphone to text (crap), phone (rarely) and test website 'mobility' (for GenX & millenials).

I'm not. Most web layouts are mobile optimized. My benches are done on juicessh. When in doubt kindly refer to me signature :tongue:

Last I checked, Android was based on....

Thanked by 1poisson
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited November 2019

@cybertech said:
    Last I checked, Android was based on....

Google's linux :-1:

Tried using Responsive mode in Firefox but captcha is hidden.

EDIT: Blimey that was more than a chore! Emulating my Kindle HDX, I eventually got a sign up - the captcha enforcement had mysteriously gone. ;)

• Missed out on the last one. Not missing out this. My poor wallet

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited November 2019

Damn, this beast is unearthly fast. It's even noticeably faster than my netcup VDS (which is certainly not slow).

@seriesn, confess! You've made some strange deal with ETs from Andromeda or something, right?

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • seriesnseriesn Member
    edited November 2019

@jsg said:
    Damn, this beast is unearthly fast. It's even noticeably faster than my netcup VDS (which is certainly not slow).

@seriesn, confess! You've made some strange deal with ETs from Andromeda or something, right?

Thanked by 1jsg
  • angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited November 2019

@seriesn

You've probably said this somewhere, but do your VPSes support IPv6?

• @angstrom said:
    @seriesn

You've probably said this somewhere, but do your VPSes support IPv6?

Nothing in Europe Boss :( . But tunnelbroker is an option (obviously nothing is better than native but as a last resort, this is the best option).

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • Just wondering if you have similar VM specs in other locations that offers even better speeds to Asia (I am based in Singapore)? The information will be helpful for making my consolidation plans.

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited November 2019

@poisson said:
    Just wondering if you have similar VM specs in other locations that offers even better speeds to Asia (I am based in Singapore)? The information will be helpful for making my consolidation plans.

Currently completely sold out in NY (Not sure if the connectivity from NY would be better than Germany). But I don't intend to go nuts with NVME resources anytime soon. But then again, who knows. Every Thursday is supposed to be fun and exciting :)

• @seriesn said:
    Currently completely sold out in NY (Not sure if the connectivity from NY would be better than Germany). But I don't intend to go nuts with NVME resources anytime soon. But then again, who knows. Every Thursday is supposed to be fun and exciting :)

I am glad that business is thriving. Sustainability first!

• @poisson said:

@seriesn said:

I am glad that business is thriving. Sustainability first!

Thanks, Boss!

But in all sincerity, I have pm'd you test download link for both Germany and NY location. Please let me know the results and also what would be your ideal requirements in terms of speed/ping from Singapore to outside of Asia? I have some plans for next year and will see if it would be a viable option in the near future :)

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited November 2019

For Asia (except China) in popular non Asian locations these are worth looking into

• US west (LA, LV, Seattle, Fremont)
    • some parts of UK/FR
    • Frankfurt, Dusseldorf
    • Aussie (depends)
    • Amsterdam
    Thanked by 2uptime vimalware
  • seriesnseriesn Member
    edited November 2019

@cybertech said:
    For Asia (except China) in popular non Asian locations these are worth looking into

• some parts of UK/FR
    • Frankfurt, Dusseldorf
    • Aussie (depends)
    • Amsterdam

Oh! One of those are already in progress :D

Thanked by 2cybertech poisson
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2019

@seriesn said:

Oh! One of those are already in progress :-)

No....left with only money for BF deals.

Edit: oh next year. Okay cool

Thanked by 2seriesn poisson
  • @seriesn said:

@cybertech said:

• some parts of UK/FR
    • Frankfurt, Dusseldorf
    • Aussie (depends)
    • Amsterdam

Oh! One of those are already in progress :D

Cool cool cool so cool boss

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @vyas11 said:

@seriesn said:

Oh! One of those are already in progress :-)

Haha!

• @vyas11 said:

I don't want to have more idling machines.

• idle is as idle does ...?

• I wish I lived in life before cheap Dedis.
    The Christmas morning thrill of opening up a new VPS. 🎉

Bookmarked as an option for some CI task servers in future. That single thread 🤤

Thanked by 2uptime seriesn
  • Was supposed to save some money for BF deals, but this is totally worth it so far. So damn fast! :smile:

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @Limpan said:
    Was supposed to save some money for BF deals, but this is totally worth it so far. So damn fast! :smile:

The thread says it all. Thursdays are better than Fridays.

Thanked by 1Limpan
  • How long it's pending?

• @dragon1993

@seriesn said:
    will last till Sunday or till stock runs out.

• @uptime said:
    @dragon1993

@seriesn said:
    will last till Sunday or till stock runs out.

I was thinking about the VPS activation time.

Thanked by 1uptime