Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

XCP-NG Usage and feedback
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

XCP-NG Usage and feedback

Hey guys,

Does anyone use XCP-NG instead of xenserver on their dedicated machines?
https://xcp-ng.org/

Found out recently abut the new Xen OS fork and trying to gather feedback and current usage.

Comments

• servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2019

we have moved most of our servers to xcp-ng
    I think we may be the largest xcp-ng shop out there

and we plan to move the rest as well ASAP.

xcp-ng is as stable as xenserver if you stick to xenserver features and the new fearures they add looks stable but didnt test all of them .

our module xenica work with xcp-ng ofcourse

if you have specific questions i can answer but in general i would say just go for it . it is excellent

Thanked by 1Trav
  • Thanks for quick feedback,
    one more question. Does it play nice with AMD processors? Budget and Enterprise ones, Ryzen/Epyc

We dont have much AMD processors now
    but we had it on the older AMD Opteron with zero issues

Again the part of the code that deal with processor is exact replication of xenserver since xenserver is open source

so if anything works well with XS it will work well with XCP-NG

so I am 100% sure you will not have any issue running it with Ryzen/Epyc

The only thing you should be worry about is if you plan to do vGPU as some of this code in XS is not open source and it was not ported to XCP-NG but my understanding XCP-NG still can do vGPU for some AMD GPUs

• LeviLevi Member
    edited October 2019

Hm, pro support... Companies that sells support usually make very complicated software to maintain for user and bad to mediocre official documentation. Need to demo this. Never heard of this panel.

@LTniger said:
    Hm, pro support... Companies that sells support usually make very complicated software to maintain for user and bad to mediocre official documentation. Need to demo this. Never heard of this panel.

Do you mean xenica ? our panel

actually we will release new version very soon
    once released we will do very very good offer to LET providers
    so stay tuned :)