Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DRACULA OF STORAGE KVM -1tb hdd - for 1.388 eur/mo Located in Romania. - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DRACULA OF STORAGE KVM -1tb hdd - for 1.388 eur/mo Located in Romania.

Comments

• cociucociu Member
    edited October 2019

Ok , the issue with reinstall button "config file xxxx missing" was fixed , if someone still have this please pm. Tumorrow we will deploy another 100. Thanks all

• songofsayasongofsaya Member
    edited October 2019

@cociu said:
    Ok , the issue with reinstall button "config file xxxx missing" was fixed , if someone still have this please pm. Tumorrow we will deploy another 100. Thanks all

Thank you! Thanks a Lot! I suggest you can creat a group and channel in Telegram.

• @poisson said:

@Oiko2019 said:
    Unfortunately I used paypal, but the invoide shows unpaid. But I paid for it. So perhaps there is something wrong in the process. Ticket Created #406546. I uploaded the payment proof.

You need to wait. They will manually verify the payment and activate it. You don't need to open a ticket for this. My payments were not immediate. The invoice should update to paid in less than an hour (my experience is around 10 - 15 minutes) and provision the server.

Thanks. But it has been 15 hours, and the invoice #23362 had been canceled automaticlly.

• @Oiko2019 said:
    Thanks. But it has been 15 hours, and the invoice #23362 had been canceled automaticlly.

Seems like they were busy trying to find the configuration file problem on some nodes. Unfortunately they are not quite good with tickets, so you will have to wait a bit for their response. I hope @cociu will respond soon now that they have found the problem.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@poisson said:

@Oiko2019 said:

Seems like they were busy trying to find the configuration file problem on some nodes. Unfortunately they are not quite good with tickets, so you will have to wait a bit for their response. I hope @cociu will respond soon now that they have found the problem.

Totally ModulesGarden fault. If you have nodes with a different disk setup on the same product configuration, this is what happens.

Took some time to figure it out though! @cociu is trying to get ModulesGarden to fix their own module heh. In the meantime he already arranged a solution :)

Thanked by 3poisson cociu skorous
  • @MikePT said:
    Totally ModulesGarden fault. If you have nodes with a different disk setup on the same product configuration, this is what happens.

Took some time to figure it out though! @cociu is trying to get ModulesGarden to fix their own module heh. In the meantime he already arranged a solution :)

Thanks for explaining and providing a third-party account so that some people can see that it is not a "luck" issue.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Oiko2019 said:

Oh, evil evil @cociu! He dares to first fix a problem before taking on new orders/payments!

cociu did the right thing. Simple rule: if a problem is found, first repair. When done take new orders.

@MikePT said:

No, cociu's fault, because customers deal with him, not with the imbecile modulesgarden idiots. He, cociu must have everything working OK.

(And btw. how many more failures does he need until he finally learns that mg are a bunch of incapable careless morons?)

But: All in all things have gotten much better at HostSolutions and problems are solved faster now. Most importantly cociu tests his stuff before starting sales. That there are still occasional hiccups can be forgiven, especially as they are resolved quickly.

Thanked by 1dosai
  • does anyone else facing problem with ssh hang or it is only me?

• @samm said:
    does anyone else facing problem with ssh hang or it is only me?

try pinging the server see if there's any packet loss, i personally haven't had any network issues yet

• sammsamm Member
    edited October 2019

sjkme said: try pinging the server see if there's any packet loss

I did that many times and no packet loss. It takes 4-5 secs after any command I type on ssh and login takes 10-15 secs. I've other storage box with cociu which is working fine without any issue.

• @samm said:

sjkme said: try pinging the server see if there's any packet loss

I did that many times and no packet loss. It takes 4-5 secs after any command I type on ssh and login takes 10-15 secs. I've other storage box with cociu which is working fine without any issue.

what os are you running? i was running centos on it before but it seemed a bit laggy and unresponsive, debian is smooth on it at the moment

• samm said: I did that many times and no packet loss. It takes 4-5 secs after any command I type on ssh and login takes 10-15 secs. I've other storage box with cociu which is working fine without any issue.

give me your tiket number in PM , this is not normal.

• @samm said:

I would wait out an hour or two. With 100 boxes on a node, sometimes it just so happens that a significant number are doing some resource-demanding work at the same time. I had this experience once but it went away after an hour or two and didn't come back. It's good if cociu can check it out though.

• cociu said: give me your tiket number in PM

I didn't open any ticket for this as I thought you would be busy and not a good idea to bother you during sale. I will PM you though.

poisson said: I would wait out an hour or two.

Well, its from day 1 so I don't think it related to other users. Problem is login takes 10-15 secs after I enter password. I am using ubuntu image so I may be template issue.

• @samm said:
    Well, its from day 1 so I don't think it related to other users. Problem is login takes 10-15 secs after I enter password. I am using ubuntu image so I may be template issue.

Try using the Debian template. So far nobody has had an issue with Debian template on these storage servers. Let us know if you continue to face problems after changing to Debian because it will help to determine what the problem is.

• Never used Debian before so I am not good with that though there is not much difference in command but I am more comfortable with ubuntu.

• @samm said:
    Never used Debian before so I am not good with that though there is not much difference in command but I am more comfortable with ubuntu.

Ubuntu is based on Debian testing branch so I don't think there is going to be a major issue. I use Debian on my servers and I use Mint for my laptop (which is based on Ubuntu LTS) and I never had issues working on in shell either way. They pretty much work the same in most cases.

• poisson said: Try using the Debian template.

I tried to reinstall Debian just to see if that is ubuntu template and now poof...my panel keeps rolling and I can't do anything from control panel. @cociu I thought you said reinstall is fixed? Please check your inbox for details. If you say I can open a ticket but I don't want.

• tgltgl Member

• @samm said:

poisson said: Try using the Debian template.

I tried to reinstall Debian just to see if that is ubuntu template and now poof...my panel keeps rolling and I can't do anything from control panel. @cociu I thought you said reinstall is fixed? Please check your inbox for details. If you say I can open a ticket but I don't want.

i had a similar experience the control panel became unresponsive, checked again a few hours later and it was working again

relax & just give it some time, they are no doubt hard at work sorting everything out.

• @jsg said:

@Oiko2019 said:

Oh, evil evil @cociu! He dares to first fix a problem before taking on new orders/payments!

cociu did the right thing. Simple rule: if a problem is found, first repair. When done take new orders.

@MikePT said:

No, cociu's fault, because customers deal with him, not with the imbecile modulesgarden idiots. He, cociu must have everything working OK.

(And btw. how many more failures does he need until he finally learns that mg are a bunch of incapable careless morons?)

But: All in all things have gotten much better at HostSolutions and problems are solved faster now. Most importantly cociu tests his stuff before starting sales. That there are still occasional hiccups can be forgiven, especially as they are resolved quickly.

I guess some Kool-Aid came with your new server. First time seeing a payment failed to get verified in 15 hours is a feature. It was planned from the start to stagger the installs and orders would take up to 2 weeks to deliver so your reasoning is bunk. By not processing the order, the customer has to do more work to purchase again and not get a proper place in line for when servers are available. It's a dropped ball for sure.

You don't need to provide spin. This is a lack of action, not a standalone deliberate action to help the customer. You only further hurt any credibility you had. You've lost even more objectivity now that you bought a server and now need to justify the purchase to yourself.

• vimalware said: Cociu threads probably increase sign-ups on LET

be sure of this :)

• samm said: I did that many times and no packet loss. It takes 4-5 secs after any command I type on ssh and login takes 10-15 secs. I've other storage box with cociu which is working fine without any issue.

a little patciense , we are correct some errors what we have made with the package (some settings ) and this will correct some internal problems. Also we have many abusers yet wich will be adverted in the next 24 hours and if is continue we will force a suspend .

• 30 orders more in pending and we have deliver all. Thanks again LET !

• @TimboJones said:
    I guess some Kool-Aid came with your new server. First time seeing a payment failed to get verified in 15 hours is a feature. It was planned from the start to stagger the installs and orders would take up to 2 weeks to deliver so your reasoning is bunk. By not processing the order, the customer has to do more work to purchase again and not get a proper place in line for when servers are available. It's a dropped ball for sure.

You don't need to provide spin. This is a lack of action, not a standalone deliberate action to help the customer. You only further hurt any credibility you had. You've lost even more objectivity now that you bought a server and now need to justify the purchase to yourself.

Some cociu derangement syndrome right there. However, nothing new from you. I would be worried if you didn't respond in a deranged manner.

• @cociu said:
    30 orders more in pending and we have deliver all. Thanks again LET !

Hi, cociu.Sorry to bother you, but my order is still unpaid. I have uploaded the paid proof of paypal. Please check again and verfy it. My ticket is #406546. I pay the second billing via paypal when the first order was canceld automaticly by mobilpa.

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited November 2019

@poisson said:

@TimboJones said:

Some cociu derangement syndrome right there. However, nothing new from you. I would be worried if you didn't respond in a deranged manner.

Do you know what deranged means? I made a detailed post of the problem and instead of responding to the merits, you call it deranged? You might have missed the part where logic was provided and you didn't. I don't think you understood the point about Kool-Aid or credibility.

• @TimboJones said:
    Do you know what deranged means? I made a detailed post of the problem and instead of responding to the merits, you call it deranged? You might have missed the part where logic was provided and you didn't. I don't think you understood the point about Kool-Aid or credibility.

I didn't miss nor misunderstand anything. You are the one who COMPLETELY missed the point about the baseline which cociu should be judged on so that you can indulge in your tirade.

• @cociu said:

samm said: I did that many times and no packet loss. It takes 4-5 secs after any command I type on ssh and login takes 10-15 secs. I've other storage box with cociu which is working fine without any issue.

a little patciense , we are correct some errors what we have made with the package (some settings ) and this will correct some internal problems. Also we have many abusers yet wich will be adverted in the next 24 hours and if is continue we will force a suspend .

May wanna contact the abusers before suspending them, and how are they abusing their box anyways ?

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @sjkme said:
    May wanna contact the abusers before suspending them, and how are they abusing their box anyways ?

I have been monitoring my boxes daily and I can confirm the abusers are active. They are hammering the disks, which performed very well earlier (the usual suspect is torrenting). I have no issues with torrenting as long as one keeps the number of jobs and peers really low.

This discussion has been closed.