Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DRACULA OF STORAGE KVM -1tb hdd - for 1.388 eur/mo Located in Romania. - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DRACULA OF STORAGE KVM -1tb hdd - for 1.388 eur/mo Located in Romania.

Comments

• @poisson said:

@songofsaya said:
    I just want @cociu could help me to reinstall the system as soon as possible..i think i would not reinstall the system again...I just want to use my vps....

He will look into it eventually. If you want a really quick response and service, pay more. I am pretty sure it works the same way in China (judging from your writing, I am 99 percent sure you are from China).

Haaaaaa.....Yeah I came from China,Maybe my grammar is too bad......

• tgltgl Member

@cociu invented hot water, and pre-cut bread, so we cannot know if he invented sign-ups or not

Thanked by 1uptime
  • vbloodsvbloods Member
    edited October 2019

@cociu said:

vbloods said: @cociu how many of the 250 are taken now ?

If I order and pay 3 years upfront now , when will I receive the VPS ?

>

if you place right now the order you will receive your vps in maximum 1 hour. Any way every day we mount some new node so will be almost instant for all. I have post 2 weeks in case of no Ram delivery in time .... so i get this margen. But is instant for the moment.

@cociu , I have been waiting for more than 20 hours , you said "maximum 1 hour" .

no vps has been provisioned at all .

If you can't deliver in 48 hours , I would like to have my €50 paypal refund .
    ( Invoice #23402 )

• Well, the server reinstall seems broken, my ticket is waiting from 2 days...

• Invoice #23404 waiting 24 hours or so, still loving cociu since 2 years <3

• @songofsaya said:

Half my time is spent helping my Chinese researcher friends correcting their Chinglish (which is what you write) into native English. I can instantly tell who is from China by looking at the English because most PRC Chinese adopt Mandarin expression styles into their English, which I can reverse engineer because I am also a native Mandarin Chinese speaker.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @poisson said:

@songofsaya said:

Half my time is spent helping my Chinese researcher friends correcting their Chinglish (which is what you write) into native English. I can instantly tell who is from China by looking at the English because most PRC Chinese adopt Mandarin expression styles into their English, which I can reverse engineer because I am also a native Mandarin Chinese speaker.

Can you tell where I am from ^_^

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • @Kiwi83 said:

Your comment history clearly shows you are a native English speaker. The main anglophone populations are USA, UK, Australia and New Zealand (sorry Canada, I think you are half-French). If your profile picture is any indicator, you are probably from NZ.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@TheLinuxBug said:
    Anyone who comes back here and complains their '$1.38' per month server has problems or doesn't work should have to hold a sign that says, "I am an idiot", have their picture taken and post it here, before we listen to their complaints or even consider taking them seriously. If you don't know what your getting your self into by now, you don't deserve any sympathy, in my opinion.

I object. My view on HostSolutions and @cociu is certainly critical and I'm not easily pulled over. In fact I still clearly state that HS's support is ridiculously bad. Even needing to wait a day or two is absolutely inacceptable (during the working week), let alone WEEKS.

But I also see that cociu has learned some lessons and is for example extensively testing new products before running a promotion. And of course one has to see the real world data as e.g. gathered by my benchmark. Those data speak a clear language.

So my verdict is that cociu isn't fully there yet; he has to dramatically improve his support, but he evidently has improved quite some things and the current storage VPS clearly is a nice product and a bargain. The fact that there are some hiccups like with the templates doesn't change the overall impression.

TL;DR cociu has moved forward quite a bit. If he manages to bring his support up to par HostSolutions is solidly in the middle field (and often leading by price). I stand by my recommendation of the current storage VPS offer.

Thanked by 1poisson
  • @poisson said:

@Kiwi83 said:

Your comment history clearly shows you are a native English speaker. The main anglophone populations are USA, UK, Australia and New Zealand (sorry Canada, I think you are half-French). If your profile picture is any indicator, you are probably from NZ.

People mountain people sea, Chinese people don't you see?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Now I bet @poisson will have a hard time figuring out where I'm from - if he wants to :lol:

• @TerensM said:
    Well, the server reinstall seems broken, my ticket is waiting from 2 days...

You have to use debian or centos template.

• vbloods said: If you can't deliver in 48 hours , I would like to have my €50 paypal refund .

( Invoice #23402 )

eave i can delivery i will refund , also please do not place any order more. We have specified about delivery time and some conditions so i prefere not provide in your case personally. About delay in providing (we have prepared 2 node more yet but i prefere to wait a answer before provide more and avoid future poblems because in 2 nodes proxomox is lost the conf file due of something what we cannot find for the moment. So you are in hunrry ? perfect you are not for this offer. In maximum 2 hours you will receive the refund. Thanks.

• @Kiwi83 said:

@poisson said:

@Kiwi83 said:

People mountain people sea, Chinese people don't you see?

Well, if you are also Chinese by ethnicity or nationality, you are a rare species like me who are natively proficient in both English and Mandarin Chinese. There's @FAT32 in this category too.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • all this seems like a joke or something like that, this thread should be removed imho.

• vbloodsvbloods Member
    edited October 2019

@cociu said:

vbloods said: If you can't deliver in 48 hours , I would like to have my €50 paypal refund .

( Invoice #23402 )

eave i can delivery i will refund , also please do not place any order more. We have specified about delivery time and some conditions so i prefere not provide in your case personally. About delay in providing (we have prepared 2 node more yet but i prefere to wait a answer before provide more and avoid future poblems because in 2 nodes proxomox is lost the conf file due of something what we cannot find for the moment. So you are in hunrry ? perfect you are not for this offer. In maximum 2 hours you will receive the refund. Thanks.

OK , I will wait 2 hours for my €50 paypal refund .
    Thanks.

• anyone getting bad disk io on their box?

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB, 1.0 GiB) copied, 18.2408 s, 58.9 MB/s

16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB, 1.0 GiB) copied, 34.091 s, 31.5 MB/s

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @TerensM said:
    all this seems like a joke or something like that, this thread should be removed imho.

Because you said so.

• @sjkme said:
    anyone getting bad disk io on their box?

16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out

16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out

The host node is just up. Imagine there are several of you running IO tests and the rest trying to backup stuff to their shiny new box. Obviously the IO is going to be bad. If you want to test, wait a few weeks until people have mostly finished backing up and the server is having a typical load before you test.

Thanked by 1maverickp
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited October 2019

@sjkme - yes (and now I'm wondering if it might get worse temporarily as bunch of people check that dd bench :smiley: ...)

hopefully it's just a couple cowboys chewing up the disk and will get sorted one way or another

but who knows - maybe give it some time to settle, check again in a day or two

Thanked by 1poisson
  • @uptime said:
    @sjkme - yes (and now I'm wondering if it might get worse temporarily as bunch of people check that dd bench :smiley: ...)

hopefully it's just a couple cowboys chewing up the disk and will get sorted one way or another

Not sure why people are so fascinated by IO tests on a cheap storage server. I am more excited by the IO tests on my own Samsung NANDs.

If all of you just stop the IO tests, the disk speeds will get better.

Thanked by 2uptime skorous
  • @poisson said:
    If all of you just stop the IO tests, the disk speeds will get better.

Maybe? (Up to a point.)

Quite possibly something else is going on (most likely some abusive usage) - and the occasional 256 MB dd is a drop in the ocean (or canary in the coalmine, as it were.)

• @poisson said:

@sjkme said:
    anyone getting bad disk io on their box?

16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out

16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out

The host node is just up. Imagine there are several of you running IO tests and the rest trying to backup stuff to their shiny new box. Obviously the IO is going to be bad. If you want to test, wait a few weeks until people have mostly finished backing up and the server is having a typical load before you test.

good point, will do.

@uptime said:

yep!

• Let's wait a few days. The original tests when the server was new were all good, so I think it's more of people starting their backups now.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • The cheaper the offer, the more weeks you need to idle it before installing the real OS+setup you want.

Thanked by 3poisson uptime bdl
  • @TerensM said:
    all this seems like a joke or something like that, this thread should be removed imho.

Reality is stranger than fiction.

• @poisson said:

@Kiwi83 said:

By that logic, USA is half Spanish.

• TerensM said: Well, the server reinstall seems broken, my ticket is waiting from 2 days...

Reinstall worked ok for me, what is happening? I saw someone else ask for help and wondered why they couldn't self-reinstall.

• vbloods said: @cociu , I have been waiting for more than 20 hours , you said "maximum 1 hour" .

no vps has been provisioned at all .

If you can't deliver in 48 hours , I would like to have my €50 paypal refund .

@TerensM said:
    Well, the server reinstall seems broken, my ticket is waiting from 2 days...

sjkme said: anyone getting bad disk io on their box?

if one thing is for sure, then it's @cociu delivering on entertainment...

Thanked by 3uptime vyas11 beagle
  • willie said: Reinstall worked ok for me, what is happening? I saw someone else ask for help and wondered why they couldn't self-reinstall.

we have find the issue , need to modify something in the package and will work. This issue was affecting only some nodes due of structure but now we have get it.

Thanked by 2uptime poisson
This discussion has been closed.