Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


DRACULA OF STORAGE KVM -1tb hdd - for 1.388 eur/mo Located in Romania. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

DRACULA OF STORAGE KVM -1tb hdd - for 1.388 eur/mo Located in Romania.

1356711

Comments

  • williewillie Member
    edited October 2019

    I got the server! I guess the invoice was processed, or anyway I think one of the emails I got was a confirmation.

    The email with the VPS info didn't include the server IP address! I got it from the client area so no worries, but you might want to fix your email template. One of the other emails also said dedicated server info, but this wasn't a dedi ;).

    I don't remember if I saw an OS selection template during ordering (I did it a little too fast). It installed CentOS by default so I'm in the middle of a reinstall to Debian thru the client area (edit: reinstall succeeded).

    #lexit spread the word.

  • @ofit said:

    12) The price is not recurring !!! One time payment , after the contractual period we will see ...

    I wanted to buy but after seen that it not recurring and i have already one 1TB box paid for 2 years, I bought it 6 month before this offer. I do not like when offer is not recurring.

    Three years is good enough to get other offers. Your needs may also change in three years.

    Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

  • poisson said: Three years is good enough to get other offers. Your needs may also change in three years.

    i am totaly agree with this.

    I dont answer my tickets!

  • williewillie Member
    edited October 2019

    Can confirm this is 1 TiB:

    $ sudo fdisk /dev/sda
    Command (m for help): p
    Disk /dev/sda: 1 TiB, 1099511627776 bytes, 2147483648 sectors
    Disk model: QEMU HARDDISK   
    Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
    Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
    I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
    Disklabel type: gpt
    
    Device      Start        End    Sectors    Size Type
    /dev/sda1  262144 2147483614 2147221471 1023.9G Linux filesystem
    /dev/sda14   2048       8191       6144      3M BIOS boot
    /dev/sda15   8192     262143     253952    124M EFI System
    

    (Redacted a couple of output lines). Not sure what the boot and EFI partitions are for since I don't see those on other KVM's that I have, but it's fine ;).

    #lexit spread the word.

  • elliotcelliotc Member
    edited October 2019

    I still have credit in my account by seems cant apply to the invoice

    Edit: Oh, I need to manually apply.

    Don't give me hope.

  • elliotc said: I still have credit in my account by seems cant apply to the invoice

    Go to unpaid invoice and you can pay there.

    Thanked by 1elliotc

    I dont answer my tickets!

  • .I ordered a VPS but got dedicated server email template :smiley:

  • Thanked by 2ehab TimboJones

    Fastmako (aff) - another cheap VPS.

  • There will be massive drama fueled with that 1.38 eur. Preparing my lazyboy and a cart with half salted and half sweet popcorns. Maybe christmas came early.

    Thanked by 2easy cybertech
  • ZXHost 2.0!! Did anyone ever find Ashley after his screaming good 3 year storage deal that went poof?

    Thanked by 1Chronic
  • @LTniger said:
    There will be massive drama fueled with that 1.38 eur

    could be.. could be..

  • LTniger said: There will be massive drama fueled with that 1.38 eur. Preparing my lazyboy and a cart with half salted and half sweet popcorns. Maybe christmas came early.

    can you bet tis time ?

    I dont answer my tickets!

  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

    Here is a quick benchmark and short quick review. Note that unlike usually I did not process the result sets. What you see is the raw results of 4 benchmark runs.

    System Info

    Machine: amd64, Arch.: x86_64, Model: Common KVM processor
    OS, version: Linux 4.19.0, Mem.: 482 MB
    CPU - Cores: 1, Family/Model/Stepping: 15/6/1
    Cache: 32K/32K L1d/L1i, 2M L2, 16M L3
    Std. Flags: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat
              pse36 cflsh mmx fxsr sse sse2 sse3 cx16 x2apic hypervisor
    Ext. Flags: syscall nx lm lahf_lm
    

    Note that the CPU info is some KVM fake info. A true 2450L would look like this: F6/M45/S7
    Also the following flags are available on a 2450L but are missing here:

    Missing Std. Flags:   ds acpi ss htt tm pbe pclmulqdq
              dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2 ssse3 xtpr pdcm pcid dca
              sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt tsc_deadline aes xsave osxsave avx
    Missing Ext. Flags: pdpe1gb rdtscp
    

    Performance Proc&Mem:

    Single core:   128,68  116,35  124,55  98,60
    Multi core:   139,50  126,45  126,61  113,36
    

    A bit volatile but within a reasonable range and OK for a 2450L. In fact it looks like HS didn't cut corners and used decent memory.

    Disk (all in MB/s):

    Seq.Wr.:    403,02  387,26  389,00  343,51
    Rnd.Wr.:    596,20  578,44  574,53  406,68
    Seq.Rd:    161,21  612,60  1423,0  18,31
    Rnd.Rd:    38,52   776,38  949,28  110,49
    

    Writing is OK, even good, but reading is all over the place and between "poor even for a spindle" and "NVMe like". Fastest is almost 100 times better than slowest. But to be fair this is probably due to the new offer at least to a degree and will probably get better after a couple of days.

    Network (all in Mb/s):

    GR_UNK: 4,5     14,3    24,1    4,1
    US_SJC: 35,8    29,7    15,4    7,5
    OK_LON: 74,1    40,4    79,3    119,0
    DE_FRA: 155,3   136,3   89,4    82,4
    BR_SAO: 19,9    14,7    15,1    13,0
    FR_PAR: 166,7   21,2    53,1    31,4
    US_WDC: 60,6    34,8    14,4    9,2
    RO_BUC: 243,1   244,7   160,5   140,9
    AU_MEL: 21,5    12,5    11,4    10,1
    IT_MIL: 194,7   31,8    58,2    80,6
    SG_SGP: 45,6    20,0    18,6    27,4
    US_DAL: 27,2    18,3    14,3    23,1
    RU_MOS: 154,2   31,2    28,1    95,3
    JP_TOK: 36,5    17,8    15,7    19,9
    NO_OSL: 33,2    21,1    6,8     11,0
    IN_CHN: 38,5    10,5    26,1    29,6
    

    Those are really decent results considering that we are looking at a very low cost VPS. There is quite a bit of volatility but generally those results are OK. Noteworthy: even the exotic locations like Ozziland, Chennai, Brazil show decent results.

    Summary:
    I think that basing the storage KVM offer on 2450L is actually a smart move as 2x8 core boxes can be cheaply gotten and that processor is certainly good enough for storage VPSs. In fact, playing a bit with the CLI it feels responsive and I don't have any doubt that running a small web server on the VPS would show decent results. I've seen much, much worse VPSs.
    512 MB memory isn't a lot but it's plenty enough for a storage server plus some interfaces like rsync, sftp, http[s]; within reason of course.

    The disk is the one thing I'm not really happy about. Well noted, it seems to be a decent Raid array with not at all sh_tty drives but I don't like the lack of consistency, the jumping all over the place. But OK, OK, that's probably to be expected during the first days. I'll try to have another look at it after some weeks.

    The network is OK and considering the price even great. I can confirm that HostSolutions has in fact considerably enhanced their connectivity. Assuming again that the numbers I got are first day numbers (when many new users upload like crazy) and that there will be more stability after a week or two I'm happy with what I see.

    Dislikes: Evidently the utterly sh_tty support and their OS selection. The former has been said to be on the to do list but the latter really needs a bit more love. "CentOS, debian,Ubuntu" and that's it, period, is really thin a selection, especially for systemd-haters. I do understand that a hoster does want to limit OS selection but I'd expect to see a bit more variety. OpenBSD, FreeBSD, Alpine, Void, for example are not exotic and would be attractive for many, particularly for a storage VPS.
    I'd suggest that HostSolution offers a reasonable set of ISOs in addition to the 3 just-click-and-go templates.
    Likes: The remote console just works. Great!

    Verdict: For €1.38/mo or a bit more, depending on how far one prepays, this offer is an absolute no brainer. In fact it's even a quite decent VPS, I'm surprised. So, if you need a cheap storage VPS hurry to get this thingy unless you hate HostSolutions. And even then you should at least appreciate that HS is indeed moving forward. If (yes, I know, that's a big if) cociu manages to enhance his support to a at least mediocre level HS might become a large favourite of many.

    TL;DR: Go and get one!

    The problem with democracy is that by definition > 85% of the voters are not particularly intelligent.

  • Very cool price! Just take my money now. When also have special offers for dedicated server?

  • alvin said: Very cool price! Just take my money now. When also have special offers for dedicated server?

    BF

    I dont answer my tickets!

  • @LTniger said:
    There will be massive drama fueled with that 1.38 eur. Preparing my lazyboy and a cart with half salted and half sweet popcorns. Maybe christmas came early.

    For the love of god, please keep this salty and sweet popcorn separated or you will have to answer for your sins.

    I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
    Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

  • @Janevski said:
    1.388888 EUR/month for 1TB drive... :neutral:
    That will barely pay for the drive itself during those three years...

    He already posted his cost for 12TB drives, it's far lower than you or I can purchase and is "fell off truck" low price. He's making money on the drives themselves, who knows with support and bandwidth costs.

  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator

    cociu said: today we have made some numbers and this will be a limited offer in a "sister" price :

    cociu said: About my offers ? no problem , i will not make more offers here

    As I predicted, your previous tantrum vow to never post an offer here again was bullshit.

    For LET support, please visit the support desk.

    LowEndTalk attracts the finest members. - bear, WebHostingTalk

  • @cociu said:

    daemonsyn said: @cociu Can you PM the price if we increase the RAM to 1GB?

    We do not offer such posibility. The plan will stay like is created because we have make numbers and if i upgrade your KVM will be influence the node and we dont want to oversell nothing .

    You will actually oversell less. All plans with 512GB will have a higher utilization than if you had some accounts with 1GB. You actually want to upsell resources that are not typically used all the time to improve profits.

  • @jsg said:
    Here is a quick benchmark and short quick review. Note that unlike usually I did not process the result sets. What you see is the raw results of 4 benchmark runs.

    System Info

    Machine: amd64, Arch.: x86_64, Model: Common KVM processor
    OS, version: Linux 4.19.0, Mem.: 482 MB
    CPU - Cores: 1, Family/Model/Stepping: 15/6/1
    Cache: 32K/32K L1d/L1i, 2M L2, 16M L3
    Std. Flags: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat
              pse36 cflsh mmx fxsr sse sse2 sse3 cx16 x2apic hypervisor
    Ext. Flags: syscall nx lm lahf_lm
    

    Note that the CPU info is some KVM fake info. A true 2450L would look like this: F6/M45/S7
    Also the following flags are available on a 2450L but are missing here:

    Missing Std. Flags:   ds acpi ss htt tm pbe pclmulqdq
              dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2 ssse3 xtpr pdcm pcid dca
              sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt tsc_deadline aes xsave osxsave avx
    Missing Ext. Flags: pdpe1gb rdtscp
    

    Performance Proc&Mem:

    Single core:   128,68  116,35  124,55  98,60
    Multi core:   139,50  126,45  126,61  113,36
    

    A bit volatile but within a reasonable range and OK for a 2450L. In fact it looks like HS didn't cut corners and used decent memory.

    Disk (all in MB/s):

    Seq.Wr.:    403,02  387,26  389,00  343,51
    Rnd.Wr.:    596,20  578,44  574,53  406,68
    Seq.Rd:    161,21  612,60  1423,0  18,31
    Rnd.Rd:    38,52   776,38  949,28  110,49
    

    Writing is OK, even good, but reading is all over the place and between "poor even for a spindle" and "NVMe like". Fastest is almost 100 times better than slowest. But to be fair this is probably due to the new offer at least to a degree and will probably get better after a couple of days.

    Network (all in Mb/s):

    GR_UNK: 4,5     14,3    24,1    4,1
    US_SJC: 35,8    29,7    15,4    7,5
    OK_LON: 74,1    40,4    79,3    119,0
    DE_FRA: 155,3   136,3   89,4    82,4
    BR_SAO: 19,9    14,7    15,1    13,0
    FR_PAR: 166,7   21,2    53,1    31,4
    US_WDC: 60,6    34,8    14,4    9,2
    RO_BUC: 243,1   244,7   160,5   140,9
    AU_MEL: 21,5    12,5    11,4    10,1
    IT_MIL: 194,7   31,8    58,2    80,6
    SG_SGP: 45,6    20,0    18,6    27,4
    US_DAL: 27,2    18,3    14,3    23,1
    RU_MOS: 154,2   31,2    28,1    95,3
    JP_TOK: 36,5    17,8    15,7    19,9
    NO_OSL: 33,2    21,1    6,8     11,0
    IN_CHN: 38,5    10,5    26,1    29,6
    

    Those are really decent results considering that we are looking at a very low cost VPS. There is quite a bit of volatility but generally those results are OK. Noteworthy: even the exotic locations like Ozziland, Chennai, Brazil show decent results.

    Summary:
    I think that basing the storage KVM offer on 2450L is actually a smart move as 2x8 core boxes can be cheaply gotten and that processor is certainly good enough for storage VPSs. In fact, playing a bit with the CLI it feels responsive and I don't have any doubt that running a small web server on the VPS would show decent results. I've seen much, much worse VPSs.
    512 MB memory isn't a lot but it's plenty enough for a storage server plus some interfaces like rsync, sftp, http[s]; within reason of course.

    The disk is the one thing I'm not really happy about. Well noted, it seems to be a decent Raid array with not at all sh_tty drives but I don't like the lack of consistency, the jumping all over the place. But OK, OK, that's probably to be expected during the first days. I'll try to have another look at it after some weeks.

    The network is OK and considering the price even great. I can confirm that HostSolutions has in fact considerably enhanced their connectivity. Assuming again that the numbers I got are first day numbers (when many new users upload like crazy) and that there will be more stability after a week or two I'm happy with what I see.

    Dislikes: Evidently the utterly sh_tty support and their OS selection. The former has been said to be on the to do list but the latter really needs a bit more love. "CentOS, debian,Ubuntu" and that's it, period, is really thin a selection, especially for systemd-haters. I do understand that a hoster does want to limit OS selection but I'd expect to see a bit more variety. OpenBSD, FreeBSD, Alpine, Void, for example are not exotic and would be attractive for many, particularly for a storage VPS.
    I'd suggest that HostSolution offers a reasonable set of ISOs in addition to the 3 just-click-and-go templates.
    Likes: The remote console just works. Great!

    Verdict: For €1.38/mo or a bit more, depending on how far one prepays, this offer is an absolute no brainer. In fact it's even a quite decent VPS, I'm surprised. So, if you need a cheap storage VPS hurry to get this thingy unless you hate HostSolutions. And even then you should at least appreciate that HS is indeed moving forward. If (yes, I know, that's a big if) cociu manages to enhance his support to a at least mediocre level HS might become a large favourite of many.

    TL;DR: Go and get one!

    In what world does random writes being 40% higher than sequential writes make sense? That just doesn't make any sense, at all.

  • DPDP Member, The Domain Guy

    @raindog308 said:

    cociu said: today we have made some numbers and this will be a limited offer in a "sister" price :

    cociu said: About my offers ? no problem , i will not make more offers here

    As I predicted, your previous tantrum vow to never post an offer here again was bullshit.

    DP - Tech and Hosting-related Domain Names for sale.
    Create an account on Dynadot via my referral link and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!

  • raindog308 said: As I predicted, your previous tantrum vow to never post an offer here again was bullshit.

    quote some part of my phrase ...

    I dont answer my tickets!

  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator

    cociu said: quote some part of my phrase ...

    I did.

    For LET support, please visit the support desk.

    LowEndTalk attracts the finest members. - bear, WebHostingTalk

  • cociucociu Member
    edited October 2019

    Guys ... let share something , maybe some of you is beleve and some not but at least i try to share my point :

    1) yes i make profit (bigo or not is called proffit)
    2) you can calculate what you think but my cost nobody can know it so is not realy any calculation
    3) i have made this offer because right now we have a strong module (modulesgarden) and is not faill and if is not faill is not generate tikets so is a pleasure to work with this compartely with the latest 8 month of shit

    4) i make this offer to force some users who was blame us to buy something cheap and get something big/fast/quality (personally i know i work many hours/day to be all this possible and i hope this will change like i want to be changed and like you as a customer espect from us.

    5) i have free ips wich is not eaven routed to this asnumber wich need to be usd.

    6) YES i have a big lot of hdd in a verry cheap price (new ones with exactly 3 years of guarantee for this i forced prepayment for 3 years)

    7 ) i have free bandwidth (dedicated ) wich i pay month to month and we use only 20-30%

    8 ) Who is old in Hostsolutions.ro is know, last year exactly in this date we have change our location in a bigger one so i have free space

    9 ) i had like 300 servers with this cpu unused so way not

    10) i have cheap energy and we work to implement 100kva solar pannels until next year.

    ETC ETC...

    Any way thanks all , including to the threads who blame us because was constructive.

    11) Thanks to all competitors who blame us think his business will grow , this force me to make some huge inversions and this was a stept for the next level fro me , so thanks again.

    12) This is a start in storage vps , will came including dedis .

    13) we own all hardware

    14) Do not forget Romania is still absorb (i hope is correct) european funds so this will be our priority next year to get some new hardware +solar pannels with only 10% co-payments so yes we will contiune to offer something verry atractive with some new cpu.

    PS : do not forget i am "cociu" so i am unicated , no one provider will tell you all this shit (what happened in back end) but sometimes i like to share all this shit with you like a customer.

    Thanked by 2dfroe vimalware

    I dont answer my tickets!

  • cociu said: i have free bandwidth (dedicated ) wich i pay month to month and we use only 20-30%

    In that case please give us 10tb rather than 5tb, we'll make it at least 50% :smiley: also please check your Inbox.

  • samm said: In that case please give us 10tb rather than 5tb, we'll make it at least 50% also please check your Inbox.

    i hope you understand i am not obligated :) i think for the money is a fair price.

    I dont answer my tickets!

  • Sometimes i‘d like to to see the datacenter and the cabling ;)

  • DPDP Member, The Domain Guy

    @drivex said:
    Sometimes i‘d like to to see the datacenter and the cabling ;)

    ;)

    DP - Tech and Hosting-related Domain Names for sale.
    Create an account on Dynadot via my referral link and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!

  • cociucociu Member
    edited October 2019

    drivex said: Sometimes i‘d like to to see the datacenter and the cabling

    we are located in Oradea , you are my guest. ( i am not google but we try to be all in order to function and have a minimal look)

    I dont answer my tickets!

  • cociu said: i hope you understand i am not obligated

    I was just kidding :wink: , indeed it is fair and 5tb is more than enough for me.

This discussion has been closed.