Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inception Hosting to discontinue LowEndSpirit services in Japan and Italy
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Inception Hosting to discontinue LowEndSpirit services in Japan and Italy

kaflokaflo Member
edited October 2019 in Providers

Almost 2000 containers into the process the decision has been made the discontinue services in Japan and Italy, these 2 locations run at significant loss to begin with, moving to virtuozzo 7 would essentially double the long term loss not to mention the doubling of leased infrastructure costs to properly manage the conversion and migration in the short term.

The service will run until the 1st January 2020 after that the decommissioning process will begin.

Comments

• The demise is nearing.

• deank: The end is nigh

• terminus approacheth :scream:

• The ovz6 is nigh

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The Amitz effect.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • @deank said:
    The Amitz effect.

The sensitive dependence on initial conditions in which a small change in one state of a deterministic nonlinear system can result in large differences in a later state...

...in other words...

the gentle fapping of Amitz's wings in Germany causes a decommissioning process in Italy and Japan.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Eventually, I would have a sponsor for a Tokyo NanoKVM Location if demand is there.
    Anyone?

Thanked by 1muffin
  • @Neoon said:
    Eventually, I would have a sponsor for a Tokyo NanoKVM Location if demand is there.
    Anyone?

I think demand is mostly vpn stuff for Japan, so probably not a good fit for NanoKVM, but I may be wrong.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@ITLabs said:
    the gentle fapping of Amitz's wings in Germany causes a decommissioning process in Italy and Japan.

• @raindog308 said:

I couldn't resist :tongue:

Thanked by 2MichaelCee Amitz
  • I fapped, admittedly. But I have nothing to do with the demise being nigh, promised!

Thanked by 3ITLabs alilet alexvolk
  • @Neoon said:
    Anyone?

@ben47955 said:

@Neoon said:
    Anyone?

I think demand is mostly vpn stuff for Japan, so probably not a good fit for NanoKVM, but I may be wrong.

I agree, most people want a VPN to watch Japanese related content. Since NanoKVM prohibits VPNs, the demand will probably be low.

Bandwidth in Asia is expensive, it's understandable that Inception has to discontinue it. Wonder if anyone is able to replace it otherwise?

• @Neoon said:
    Anyone?

I currently have a vps in Japan with Anthony which will soon discontinue, and I’m using it to host websites for my friends, so it will be really nice.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

literally hundreds of proxy or vpn related processes in Japan, i would estimate over 90% of customers use japan for Proxy or VPN purposes, with Italy it is 90% irc/znc/bnc etc.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Edmond said:

@Neoon said:
    Anyone?

@ben47955 said:

@Neoon said:
    Anyone?

I agree, most people want a VPN to watch Japanese related content. Since NanoKVM prohibits VPNs, the demand will probably be low.

Bandwidth in Asia is expensive, it's understandable that Inception has to discontinue it. Wonder if anyone is able to replace it otherwise?

I added it to keep the abuse rate low.
    This year so far we had 0 abuse reports, works.

We could put it to a test, allowing Private VPN's on Tokyo only.
    And watch if the abuse rate goes up.

Besides, Traffic + Bandwidth is not big in Japan, no idea how this will work out.

@Neoon if it helps in 5 years I have not even had 1 abuse report from japan, not a single one.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited October 2019

@AnthonySmith said:
    @Neoon if it helps in 5 years I have not even had 1 abuse report from japan, not a single one.

a. Good for you
    b. I blame it on the sake

In that order.

Edit: based on @AnthonySmith 's comment below and upon re-reading my own statement I think I created case of a potential joke gone bad. The intention was a hat tip to the Japanese spirit that resulted in no abuse reports. (in the cultural context, but represented by the word Sake as in the drink). Leaving the original statement(s) as is as.

On the "Are you stable"?" part: not sure if I am best placed to answer that question.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    literally hundreds of proxy or vpn related processes in Japan, i would estimate over 90% of customers use japan for Proxy or VPN purposes, with Italy it is 90% irc/znc/bnc etc.

Netflix Japan/Japan Streaming Services have all the anime, so probably a lot of anime fans like me :P Though I've resorted to SmartDNS.

edited October 2019

vyas11 said: a. Good for you
    b. I blame it on the sake
    In that order.

What a strange response, are you stable?

Thanked by 1muffin