Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you like Blesta?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do you like Blesta?

8QE8QE Member

I want to but it..

Comments

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

I tried their online demo, didn't like it at all. The interface and navigation need a lot of improvement.

• It's probably not worth the price tag they are selling it for (owned) right now, but I guess its still in active development but it's still somewhat too simple for my liking.

• I also used to think it was Open Source but I was wrong.

• Yeah, it felt really limited, I don't think its worth the price for what you get, like leapswitch said navigation sucks and there isn't much there. Boxbilling honestly has many more configuration options for packages and whatnot, its just really lacking modules.

to bad there isn't some real competition out there for whmcs. Well I guess there is I guess, but Ubersmith an Hostbill are much more expensive.

• Give them a chance , buy from them and in a long run it will benefit you too. They will improve

• @javaj said:
    Yeah, it felt really limited, I don't think its worth the price for what you get, like leapswitch said navigation sucks and there isn't much there. Boxbilling honestly has many more configuration options for packages and whatnot, its just really lacking modules.

to bad there isn't some real competition out there for whmcs. Well I guess there is I guess, but Ubersmith an Hostbill are much more expensive.

I have bought hostbill. I don't like whmcs

• @8QE said:
    I have bought hostbill. I don't like whmcs

Hostbill is nice, I wish I had it, a bit too expensive for me right now though and you can only get it like you with an owned license. Ubersmith is insane on price though, it can get close to a $1000 per month depending upon features.

• i like blesta

• Don't like it but a lot of people seem to think it's the only one.
    I just found this http://SocketScripts.com and downloaded the free version but don't have the time to play with it today

• solarman said: I just found this http://SocketScripts.com and downloaded the free version but don't have the time to play with it today

It just looks like WHMCS, I will download and take a look at it.

• @DannyAlex said:
    It just looks like WHMCS, I will download and take a look at it.

looks cools

• I like Blesta, been using it for a few months now since beta.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2013

@solarman said:
    Don't like it but a lot of people seem to think it's the only one.
    I just found this http://SocketScripts.com and downloaded the free version but don't have the time to play with it today

Um, looks like a WHMCS template.

Edit: nevermind, some URL's are different o_O. I guess it's a very very close clone.

Edit2: although it uses IonCube, so kind of useless.

• @Dave said:
    I also used to think it was Open Source but I was wrong.

The source is viewable if you buy it, except for the licensing part. So you can easily modify it, it's just not Open Source.

• @mpkossen said:
    The source is viewable if you buy it, except for the licensing part. So you can easily modify it, it's just not Open Source.

Yeah, that much is clear. I guess if it were pure Open Source, they wouldn't make enough money to continue development. At a minimum it would need to be a dual model.

• Yeah as said, only two(?) files are encoded.

• iKeyZ said: Yeah as said, only two(?) files are encoded.

Only three files are encoded.

I am a pretty big Blesta fan, though it does still need to mature to become a suitable replacement for people using all the features of WHMCS.

• @iKeyZ said:
    I like Blesta, been using it for a few months now since beta.

A free version?

• I think i should buy a Blesta license now.