Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Site protection
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Site protection

Hello

Does anyone used BotGuard for protecting their website? If so, any feedback?

Thank you.

Comments

• Sofia_KSofia_K Member
    edited October 2019

As per their site they provide: Firewall (WAF), Malicious Bot Mitigation which both are provided free by Cloudflare. The only additional feature they offer is: Web Content Scraping Prevention but that too you can add custom firewall rules in Cloudflare or any similar CDN/security provider for free!

Why pay BotGuard $0.01 per 1000 requests which is like $6.50/month if a site gets 5000 daily visitors?? The price is costly for small sites, but for big sites it will be too costly!!!

Thanked by 3ViridWeb uptime ValiSXP
  • ValiSXPValiSXP Member
    edited October 2019

Thank you

They said to have the first 100,000 requests free.

I' interested more in the technical part. They are doing what they are saying to do?

• The content written on the site should be by law 100% true or users can condemn them.
    I think that the Cloudflare is more good. I've never has issues with them.
    If you are just about the service "Web Content scraping" they are many ways to help yourself with:

• Monitor your logs & traffic patterns
    • limit access if you see unusual activity
    • You can orient by how fast users fill out forms.
      _ You can get information like resolution, timezone etc with js that you can use to identify users.

If you are using WP you can use the plugins: Google Plus Authorship, Feed Delay, Anti Feed-Scraper Message, Copyright Proof to prevent web scraping

You can find the information below interesting:
    https://github.com/JonasCz/How-To-Prevent-Scraping

Thanked by 1ValiSXP