Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Only TCP and static web can DDoS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Only TCP and static web can DDoS?

acp39dgy5acp39dgy5 Member
edited October 2019 in General

If I've not opened the port 80 and use static web by random port,can someone DDoS me?
Someone said that it's possible, but I'm not so sure, anyone can test it,web server with my itx.

udp drop but tcp:22 (and some other port) open,not brute me,but can use other way.

host : [REDACTED]

I absolutely don't believe that this can attack me.

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

What in the FAT32.

Jesus.

• Yes

Thanked by 1shallownorthdakota
  • You need to call an Ambulance!

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

acp39dgy5 said: I absolutely don't believe that this can attack me.

Indeed, you are complete invincible now.

• tgltgl Member

This question remains: how will people find your website if you are using a random port?

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited October 2019

LOL. I can see why you're getting trolled, I am guessing you have no idea of basic networking at all. Denial of Service can happen in many ways, just because you do not repond by ICMP or allow a TCP connect to happen on a specific port does not mean someone can't send a bunch of random data to your IP address effectively taking you offline. Your issue won't be them gaining access to a service, the issue will be them sending more data to your connection than it can handle.

So if you have say a 10Mbit connection and I send 100Mbit of data at it, you will be offline because your connection will be saturated, therefore will have no connectivity.

Hopefully this helps to explain some. First thing I would do, if I were you, is remove that dynamic DNS URL from your post if it indeed points to a real IP, otherwise you may get to experience your connection saturated and not being able to access the internet when some wise ass here decides to send gigabits of data at your poor home connection.

@FAT32 in fact, you should do this poor n00b a solid and remove that address from the post before someone decides to give this guy a taste of what a DDOS actually is.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• edited October 2019

@acp39dgy5 said: I absolutely don't believe that this cat attack me.

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • cociucociu Member
    edited October 2019

acp39dgy5 said: host : [REDACTED]

first of all , welcome to LET ,

2) if you think we are idiots here you are totaly wrong (so you search someone to ddos this web adress for free ? )

3) how you can proof is your website the address what you have post?

• TheLinuxBug said: @FAT32 in fact, you should do this poor n00b a solid and remove that address from the post before someone decides to give this guy a taste of what a DDOS actually is.

this is his interest.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@TheLinuxBug nailed it pretty well.

The only thing I will add is generally don't be a dick or participate in high risk areas/groups/content and you random blog won't get DDoS'ed. Many small sites exist without ever being DDoS'ed, not everyone is out there to take you down.

Thanked by 1DP
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

SplitIce said: The only thing I will add is generally don't be a dick or participate in high risk areas/groups/content

You know, like posting a hostname on LET and asking people to try to DDOS you because you believe they can never succeed.

• How to hire a DDos service for free.

• how is babby formed?

In before OP creates another thread, "Welp, my host charged me 600 euro for going over bandwidth limit! This is bullcrap."

• @uptime said:
    how is babby formed?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Host redacted, please dont turn LET into HF.

You cant prove that the IP is yours unless you set a webserver and redirect back to this thread using a custom port less than 1024.

Even then the IP is from Alibaba Cloud, I dont think you have permission from them either.

• gang shit

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited October 2019

cociu said: this is his interest.

P.S. I have no sisters for you, but I am a pretty smart cookie... This is why I tagged a mod to begin with... I did my due diligence and saw it was Alibaba, but figured it would be too direct to point this out. Instead, I figured I would just play it off and leave it to a mod to handle, which it has been. Thanks though for being Captain Obvious, it does get a bit thick around here sometimes, nice to have someone else come state the obvious once and a while.

Maybe if you ask @acp39dgy5 nicely he has some sisters to share with you for all the kind words you have given.

my 2 cents.

Cheers.

OP is already gone.

• Another teen who's hit puberty the wrong way.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@TheLinuxBug @cociu

Thanks for your reasonable statements.

I think, his mentioning of SSH still being on port 22 gave his real intention away.

• The post screamed DDOS this address all over the place. Now is this not a banable offense?

• @yokowasis said:
    The post screamed DDOS this address all over the place. Now is this not a banable offense?

I'll check the rulebook..

Thanked by 2ITLabs DP