Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday, is there any pre-sale? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday, is there any pre-sale?

Comments

• Just wait till VerydarkgreyThursday.

• waiting for good deals .

• @Andy10tbit said:
    waiting for good deals .

Obviously trying to rack up comment counts fora new account.

• @ANHR0 said:
    Exciting Black Friday will arrive at the end of next month

No, it won't.

• Can't for 1TB storage server for, under 5$, other specs don't matter

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@DeepBoom007 said:
    Can't for 1TB storage server for, under 5$, other specs don't matter

How about @HostDoc :)

1 Shared CPU (E3-1230 @ 3.2Ghz)
    1GB RAM
    1TB HDD (RAID5)
    3TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
    1 IPv4
    Dallas
    £3.95/m = $5.11/m (A bit over budget)

Order Link (AFF) | Looking Glass | Status Page

Thanked by 2vyas11 HostDoc
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2019

a verbatim interpretation of the statement:

"Can't for 1TB storage server for, under 5$, other specs don't matter"

only one possible answer HS / the Drakula thread!

Or, wait for GBP:USD Exchange rate to reach below 1.3

• @DeepBoom007 said:

I can probably squeeze you in one of my old Storage MegaDealThursday specials :smile:

Just had a cancellation, which opened up the slot :)

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited November 2019

I think some people are hoping for Pre Black Friday deals, every Friday, until Black Friday :lol:

• @thedp said:
    I think some people are hoping for Pre Black Friday deals, every Friday, until Black Friday :lol:

You mean “MegaDealsThursday” :lol:

• It's time to replace some old VPS from BF2016.

• @TheLinuxBug said:
    At this rate I am not even sure this forum will be worth coming to anymore by Black Friday. At the rate Deluxe is taking a dump on this forum currently, I my self am having a hard time coming back to participate recently (and I have been here since 2011, almost daily). If they can't stop acting like mentally retarded gold fish and put stuff back the way it should be, then I am pretty sure people are going to start leaving here. Less people, less motivation for deal, less reason to advertise here.. lets just hope they can get their heads out of their asses before it's too late to go back.

The end is Nigh.

my 2 cents.

I more or less abandoned these forums once CC bought/owned it and are crossposting their offers. This is absolute not what this place was once ment to be. Now its another wanna be "free for everyone" but with a grain of .. wait no ... a ton of salt.

Still thinking to launch a competetive forum for all the members who think the same.

Thanked by 2uptime MatthewLeigh
  • @MikePT said:
    Buy a lifetime and idle it for lifetime!!!

Bought..idling...

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @FAT32 said:

@DeepBoom007 said:

How about @HostDoc :)

1 Shared CPU (E3-1230 @ 3.2Ghz)
    1GB RAM
    1TB HDD (RAID5)
    3TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
    1 IPv4
    Dallas
    £3.95/m = $5.11/m (A bit over budget)

Order Link (AFF) | Looking Glass | Status Page

Do they accept seedbox? looking for something with long term seeding, no touch in months just long term seeding

• @seriesn said:

@DeepBoom007 said:

I can probably squeeze you in one of my old Storage MegaDealThursday specials :smile:

Can you tell me the price and specs? also is it good for using rtinst seedbox script

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited November 2019

@DeepBoom007 said:

@seriesn said:

@DeepBoom007 said:

Can you tell me the price and specs? also is it good for using rtinst seedbox script

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/160832/nexus-bytes-megadeal-thursday-storage-vps-3-25-mo-crypto-payment-accepted#latest

I only have two requirements :
    1)Don’t host and seed anything illegals.
    2) Don’t abuse IO/CPU.

• @fLoo said:
    I more or less abandoned these forums once CC bought/owned it and are crossposting their offers. This is absolute not what this place was once ment to be. Now its another wanna be "free for everyone" but with a grain of .. wait no ... a ton of salt.

Still thinking to launch a competetive forum for all the members who think the same.

Why don't you launch it? Actually, I think if you have enough strong providers in the forum and good moderators to launch community focused events (there are so many good moderators here who quit that probably will be keen to join), users will come soon enough.

• @FootKaput said:
    if providers are taking requests.... storage box, Eastern US please. :)

Hope to get best deidicated and VPS provider.

• @DeepBoom007 said:

@seriesn said:

@DeepBoom007 said:

Keep an eye on ' vmstat 1' output during torrent seed.
    Keeping bi (blocks_in) under 10000 (averaged) would be good courtesy to your neighbors.

Occasional spikes during startup and hashing is normal.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @myvpshostorg said:

Congrats on your second comment

By the way:

Signatures longer than most of your posts that fill significant portions of our screens. It should not be more than two lines, nor should it be distracting.

(From https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/137719/lowendtalk-community-rules/p1 )

Thanked by 1poisson
  • @vimalware said:

@DeepBoom007 said:

@seriesn said:

@DeepBoom007 said:

Keep an eye on ' vmstat 1' output during torrent seed.
    Keeping bi (blocks_in) under 10000 (averaged) would be good courtesy to your neighbors.

Occasional spikes during startup and hashing is normal.

yeah, only those initial will be a bit problem, rest gonna be dead beat :)

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2019

@angstrom said:

@myvpshostorg said:

Congrats on your second comment

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited November 2019

@DeepBoom007 - as for @HostDoc ... my sources inform me that they do not tolerate torrenting

And if you end up accidentally hammering disk i/o etc on a storage vps, I am under the impression that even @cociu will (eventually) cut your nuts off - better to use an ssd-based vps and tread lightly on shared resources in any event

I suspect that really one of the more suitable solutions for a lowend seedbox setup might be a cheap dedi with worldstream.nl (or kimsufi/sys or maybe ikoula or fusa.be - better doublecheck to confirm though) ... or possibly one of the larger buyVM "slices" (dedicated cpu thread + ssd) in Luxembourg - if you can get one.

Or see which providers the services advertised on /r/seedbox are using and take it from there.

Thanked by 2ITLabs dahartigan
  • @uptime said:
    I suspect that really one of the more suitable solutions for a lowend seedbox setup might be a cheap dedi with worldstream.nl (or kimsufi/sys or maybe ikoula or fusa.be - better doublecheck to confirm though) ... or possibly one of the larger buyVM "slices" (dedicated cpu thread + ssd) in Luxembourg - if you can get one.

I have a KS-3 that torrents like a champ and no one complains about I/O. Atom or ARM dedi is the best for torrenting if you like to go full-throttle.

I think a lot of people don't know or don't want to tune their default torrent settings on low end boxes. Providers want you to use their shared machines because that's their business, but a lot of people abuse the machines, intentionally or unintentionally.

no

Thanked by 3uptime ITLabs vimalware
  • DrCornFlakesDrCornFlakes Member
    edited November 2019

LET: the place where 365 days per year someone posts the word BlackFriday anywhere in a thread.

• @uptime said:

Also online.net avotons (500GB = 8eur, 1TB = 9eur). Or wait for the next kitchenhell, kindesbutten or whatever they call it.

Thanked by 2uptime Shot2
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2019

I am going to start opening threads in august asking if there are going to be any black Friday presale pre threads.

This nonsense is like people who put up Christmas decorations in October or shops that get Easter eggs in during January.

Sorry for the none christian holiday based people I am to ignorant to make other analogy, maybe like selling Diwali fireworks in June.

In fact fuck it, its like having dinner for breakfast... universal.. and actually not a terrible idea on occasions so forget the above, turns out its me that's the plonker.

This post was the product of me having a conversation with myself while writing it.

I need to get out more and meet new people, anyone want a new friend?

I really like pickles, or as we call them gherkins, that makes me think of the gurkhas, BAMF's, respect.

• @DrCornFlakes said:
    LET: the place where 365 days per year someone posts the word BlackFriday anywhere in a thread.

There should be a new LET Rule: 52 Fridays a year, 52 BF deal related threads maximum.

• @vyas11 said:

@DrCornFlakes said:

There should be a new LET Rule: 52 Fridays a year, 52 BF deal related threads maximum.

@ninzo59 & @TheBuffaloCrowd would infringe that rule too.

• @AnthonySmith said:

I need to get out more and meet new people, anyone want a new friend?

We can be video game friends and travel the world competing in Street Fighter tournaments.

AnthonySmith said: I really like pickles, or as we call them gherkins,

I knew this friendship was too good to be true...