Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated or VPS for CPU intensive jobs, many needed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated or VPS for CPU intensive jobs, many needed

I am looking for 100+ machines for CPU intensive jobs. I prefer dedicated, but they can be VPS as long as you will allow 99% usage of CPU.
Network and HDD usage will be near non-existent.

What I am looking for is a good speed/price ratio so it will help me tremendously if you include a benchmark like the output of "7z b" (apt-get install p7zip-full might be needed), especially for VPS where passmark is not so relevant.

Slow machines are ok if they are cheap and available in big numbers. But if you are above Hetzner in Passmark/price rate I am probably not interested.

Comments

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

@tmln said:
    But if you are above Hetzner in Passmark/price rate I am probably not interested.

Why not just go with Hetzner then? They're the cheapest and have hundreds of servers available in their auction.

• @MrRadic said:
    Why not just go with Hetzner then? They're the cheapest and have hundreds of servers available in their auction.

Some could come with better offers considering there is virtually no network traffic and no HDD spinning.

Thanked by 1receivedthanks
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited October 2019

Doesn't work that way though. Can't get cheaper than Hetzner.

I mean, when you hire a hooker, she is going to charge you the full amount whether you fuck her or not. You can simply hire to just to hang out with her and the charge will be the same.

• What is the minimum passmark you are looking for? How many cores per server? RAM?

• jonathanspwjonathanspw Member, Host Rep

@ITLabs said:
    What is the minimum passmark you are looking for? How many cores per server? RAM?

Answering this will probably get you the most accurate offers.

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

@tmln said:
    Some could come with better offers considering there is virtually no network traffic and no HDD spinning.

Wrong.
    With your CPU intensive requirements, your power draw will actually be higher than most users.
    Bandwidth costs these days are negligible.
    Hardware costs are the same either way here.
    I'd argue that your usage will cost the provider more than most users.

• @ITLabs said:
    What is the minimum passmark you are looking for? How many cores per server? RAM?

Generally any passmark is good as long as the number of available machines is high and price is good. 8+ GB RAM required, cores can be 2-64

@deank said:
    Doesn't work that way though. Can't get cheaper than Hetzner.

If it's the same as Hetzner and does not do VAT it's still good

• deankdeank Member, Troll

If you live outside of Evil's Union, don't they opt you out of VAT?

If you do live in Evil's union, pay up.

• @tmln said:

@ITLabs said:

Generally any passmark is good as long as the number of available machines is high and price is good. 8+ GB RAM required, cores can be 2-64

For cheap (and old HW) dedis you can check WSI/Nocix.

Also, right now, oneprovider has an Atom C2750/8Gb RAM for $14.30.

• serverofferserveroffer Member, Patron Provider

We have some dedicated servers in stock, if you like to have part at different location.

• GlobepeerGlobepeer Member
    edited October 2019

We can offer the latest Xeon Scalable Gold 6130 - 16 cores CPU for $225/mo.

Or a 16 core VPS (90% CPU) for $115 (benchmark: 24000)

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

Whats your budget? I cant see any being mention.
    I would have some of this ones left - others out of stock:

Xeon E5-2650-V2-32GB-2x1TBSSD**
    Intel Xeon E5 2650V2 (Total: 8cores, 16 threads @2.60Ghz)
    32GB DDR3 ECC RAM
    2x 1TB SSD (Hardware RAID: HP P220i)
    Permanent KVM/ILO4 Included
    1x IPv4
    1Gbps Fair use Flatrate
    Regular Price: 100USD // 90€
    With Coupon code: 75USD // 70€
    USE Coupon: YG3PVC95WL
    Order: https://hostslick.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=204

• hetzner.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • Hi, Feel free to visit our website Dedicated Servers our lowest priced server is $80 a month
    2x 8 Cores 2.5Ghz
    16GB DDR3 Memory
    500GB Space
    30TB 1GBPS Bandwidth

We do have bigger plans for a small increase but feel free to visit our website or contact us in our billing panel if you have any problems and we can help.

Hope this helps you with your decisions.

• Have a look at wholesale internet. They have plenty fast and cheap servers.

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

You definitely need a dedicated server, no one will let you to overload VPS and impact other clients. We can offer some really strong E5 servers with a really great price. Just let me know for special offer.

• As many forum users already admitted, for CPU intensive workloads best choice will be dedicated servers. As we you should understand, does you application supports parallel load, and support multi core load. If application optimized for single thread loads – best way chose high-frequency CPU, ie. Xeon E3 3.5+ GHz, if application supports multi thread loads – than many core Xeon E5 / Scalable CPU is your choice.
    We could provide special offer for you of any kind of dedicated server configurations, and have servers with Xeon E3 / E5 CPUs for immediate initialization.