Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Kimsufi KS-1 back in stock
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Kimsufi KS-1 back in stock

Hello people, seems the elusive KS-1 is available today at France. Just €3.99/month plus the usual €9.99 setup fee in case someone is interested.

Comments

• Thanked by 1receivedthanks

|||| $8? 🥔🥔 Markdown on Potatoes.

• I resisted (so far). Hard to say what it is good for. By 2016 standards 500gb of storage for 4 euro was pretty good, but now it's meh, especially with no raid. Being on a dedi compensates slightly but who really cares, given such a slow cpu. I have the 2x2tb flash sale version at 9 euro with the same cpu, and even that seems a bit marginal. Thanks for posting though.

#lexit spread the word.

• Well, that didn't last long

Thanked by 1receivedthanks

"Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

• NekkiNekki Moderator

If you’re properly cash strapped, this is banging. I ran my first Plex server off one of these for a year.

Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

• chitypochitypo Member
    edited October 2019

i have KS-2 for sale/transfer

• williewillie Member
    edited October 2019

Did anyone get one of these KS-1's? Is the cpu a D-425? I misspoke earlier: both of my Atom Kimsufis (one now cancelled) were/are N2800's.

#lexit spread the word.

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Provider

willie said: Did anyone get one of these KS-1's? Is the cpu a D-425? I misspoke earlier: both of my Atom Kimsufis (one now cancelled) were/are N2800's.

They put the N2800 for 5 years in a row. In 2014, the D-425 fell out.

My Hosting: ABCVG.net

• @angstrom said:
    Well, that didn't last long

It's available right now.

#lexit | FatPal - Official LET payment gateway

• @ITLabs said:

@angstrom said:
    Well, that didn't last long

It's available right now.

Am on the run, unfortunately! Will see if it's still there when I get back! (I doubt it!)

"Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

• KS1 is weekly multiple times in stock.
    ssssssssssssss............

• loeloe Member

Fun server. Too bad there's the setup fee!

• In a previous thread, I provided a trick in order to not pay the setup fees ;)

• ps20090ps20090 Member
    edited October 2019

@lebidule said:
    In a previous thread, I provided a trick in order to not pay the setup fees ;)

Is there a way to skip paying for the setup fee?

Yes :)

Order KS1
    Ask for a refund (you get back your 10€ (setup) + 4€ (1month) = 14€)
    You cancel the refund (you pay one month fee = 4€)
    You earn 10€ (setup)

That doesn't make sense, how can I cancel refund and keep the server? Won't they cancel the server. What if they like too bad setup fee not refundable, and I am out 10€. Also, how do I cancel refund (I don't understand hehe)

• @ps20090 said:

@lebidule said:
    In a previous thread, I provided a trick in order to not pay the setup fees ;)

Is there a way to skip paying for the setup fee?

Yes :)

Order KS1
    Ask for a refund (you get back your 10€ (setup) + 4€ (1month) = 14€)
    You cancel the refund (you pay one month fee = 4€)
    You earn 10€ (setup)

That doesn't make sense, how can I cancel refund and keep the server? Won't they cancel the server. What if they like too bad setup fee not refundable, and I am out 10€. Also, how do I cancel refund (I don't understand hehe)

Don't listen to @lebidule: it's not clear why he finds it a good idea to cheat Kimsufi. (He should be honest and pay the setup fee like everyone else.)

• It works
    I got my server from months now...

• @ps20090 said:

When you ask for refund, server is still yours for 5 days. So you have 5 days to reverse back the cancelation

• NekkiNekki Moderator

Shithousery.

Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

• Good riddance (although I didn't flag him)

• @alilet said:
    receivedthanks

No. @lebidule @receivedfucks

#lexit | FatPal - Official LET payment gateway

• First he scans all emails sent to/from his kids and then he scams Kimsufi with setup fees. Nice role model.

• angstrom said: He should be honest and pay the setup fee like everyone else.

Paying the setup fee for such an old server which has been installed ages ago and probably was already resold a dozen of times at least with the setup fee charged for it every time?

That trick makes sense. Posting that on a public forum was kinda dumb tho.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Provider

waiting for the canada location stock

skype id : agentmishra, gtalk id : agentmishra, email : [email protected]

• NekkiNekki Moderator
    edited October 2019

Electr0man said: Paying the setup fee for such an old server which has been installed ages ago and probably was already resold a dozen of times at least with the setup fee charged for it every time?

Don't like it, go elsewhere, don't find a way to defraud the provider.

Thanked by 1angstrom