Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New control panel for KVM virtualization management - VMmanager 6 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New control panel for KVM virtualization management - VMmanager 6

2»

Comments

• VMmanager, I can't say it's best, but can't say it's the worst panel...
    In order to properly work you need:
    nsmanager (to manage your dns and clients) and you need them x2
    Ipmanager to properly handle IPs and rdns (you'll get headache with getting rdns work)
    Billmanager, without it you get limited functional and timeouts on vm creation.
    You can integrate with whmcs, but there is so much work to do, to make it work ok.

VM creation with Win os, usually takes 5-10 min with ssd and 10gb/s... When you get to centos/debian/ubuntu it takes 10-20 and sometimes up to 30min. System don't have packed image to unpack/grow/change ip and pw, instead system net installs all linux distros...

In overall, we can't suggest to use their VMmanager, because you'll need to get all their products also. The worst part, is the Billmanager that is old as fuck... You cant redisign him properly, just have to use as is.

• IKIHOSTIKIHOST Member, Patron Provider

@LowVM said:
    What is cost of rebooting VM?

Inspired by cPanel.

Interesting

• @mrclown @reikuzan @LTniger @TerensM @ViridWeb @AnthonySmith @cobydecock

The pricing of VMmanager 6 is based on our new development standards, product features, and market research. It shows us that most providers host around 15-20 VMs on a node, paying attention to the performance of each VM for their clients. So at the moment, we got different comments on this topic from providers of different levels. Thank you for your feedback, I’ll show it to our product management team.

I’d also like to add that our business development team is always ready to discuss the pricing with potential partners in order to make it more individual depending on each case. Our marketing team is ready to offer a good discount for new customers who, in turn, are ready to provide honest and more detailed feedback, cause it’s important for any new product (PM me if need more details).

• MohamadSY said: First of all it’s open source and FREE These days market need low end prices..

@BlaZe @MohamadSY

I see your point, but it doesn't seem fair to me to compare a free solution with a paid one. I’m sure everyone can make this decision depending on individual needs.

Proxmox is a great solution. But for those who need access to the support, it’s worth paying attention to VMmanager 6 too - every license comes with free and unlimited tech support. .. while Proxmox sells 3 tickets for 260 euros. Not saying about access to documentation, community forum, and customer service.

• AnthonySmith said: VMmanager creates a virtual machine within 1,5 minutes while similar solutions create them from 7 to 10 minutes.

@AnthonySmith @MikePT @cobydecock @TimboJones

My fault, sorry for misleading some of you. I meant the previous version of VMmanager mainly, in which the process usually takes 7-10 minutes. Of course, we tested other solutions too. Some of them showed better results, others worse. In the end, we are completely satisfied with the performance of our new product.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @xexe

xexe said: VMmanager, I can't say it's best, but can't say it's the worst panel... In order to properly work you need...

VMmanager 6 is built differently. IP management is its integral function and it does not require any other solutions from us, or anyone else, for that matter, to handle IPs.

Integration with a billing solution will take care of the rest. And its not needed to use our own BILLmanager - we are heavily investing into integrations with third-party platforms, and our API, which allows you to integrate with an "in-house" billing even, or improve an existing integration.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

beatpavel said: The pricing of VMmanager 6 is based on our new development standards, product features, and market research. It shows us that most providers host around 15-20 VMs on a node, paying attention to the performance of each VM for their clients. So at the moment, we got different comments on this topic from providers of different levels. Thank you for your feedback, I’ll show it to our product management team.

I’d also like to add that our business development team is always ready to discuss the pricing with potential partners in order to make it more individual depending on each case. Our marketing team is ready to offer a good discount for new customers who, in turn, are ready to provide honest and more detailed feedback, cause it’s important for any new product (PM me if need more details).

10-20 VMs on a node? Multiply that for 10x. That's definitely not correct, not in this industry, not even in AWS, Google Cloud, Linode, whatever you mention.

Thanked by 1Tr33n
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@beatpavel said:

The pricing of VMmanager 6 is based on our ... market research.

You should really fire the person who did the market research because it's not at all right when it comes to the number of VMs on a single node (unless the node is not powerful enough, then its a different argument altogether).

Please rework the pricing or accept the fact that LET is not your target for VMmanager 6

• Seems to be nice and free.
    https://www.ovirt.org/

• @beatpavel said:
    Hi everyone!

Let us introduce VMmanager 6, a new control panel for KVM virtualization management. This product differs greatly from other similar solutions!

Modern web-interface. VMmanager is really user-friendly. You can find what you need and perform operations easily.
    High load support. VMmanager suits the needs of large hosting providers because it enables them to run operations with hundreds of virtual machines. Try it now and take advantage of its features.
    VM creation speed. VMmanager creates a virtual machine within 1,5 minutes while similar solutions create them from 7 to 10 minutes.
    Forecasting and statistics. VMmanager collects statistics from nodes and forecasts how many virtual machines can be created. The administrator has full information about its infrastructure.

The product has detailed Documentation and API for custom development. To automate service provisioning you can integrate the panel with WHMCS and BILLmanager.

https://www.ispsystem.com/software/vmmanager

I notice that it does not support ISO. Is there a plan to support having ISO and attaching one to the VPS? Is there a way to attach an ISO manually to a VPS to create an image?

• hyperexperthyperexpert Member, Host Rep

@Karlo said:
    Seems to be nice and free.
    https://www.ovirt.org/

oVirt is awesome! I even worked on a custom panel for it for almost 2 years which horribly crashed in 2017 couple of months after going live:

oVirt, by design, is not meant for a VPS provider. It may work great for private cloud but if you have any issues with your engine, or hosted engine, you are screwed whether you have backups or not. Most of the time their restore doesn't work correctly and end up spending not days but weeks troubleshooting.

That said, I did work with Pavel on VMmanager 6 and the new DCImanager 6 for months. Both do not provide the right tools for a VPS/dedicated server provider and it looks like they were both designed with a focus on private cloud a lot more than a VPS/dedicated server provider. They are great products, but for the price and lack of important but very simple features like custom ISO and rDNS support is a no from me.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • when i look at the price, i rather stick with virtualizor or using promox with modulegarden modules. too costly to me

• There is absolutley no reason to ditch Virtualizor which is cheaper and has more functionality for a new product that has yet to proof itself which is more expensive and lacks functionaltiy.

• Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep

I am afraid that you have got wrong stats @beatpavel when it comes to the node density. With SolusVM (soon solus.io) pricing increase just around the corner, if you revisit your pricing model and come up with a decent migration path from SolusVM to VMManager, you can gain a lot of business that is otherwise going to go to Virtualizor as the only other real alternative to Solus.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2020

@beatpavel said:
    @mrclown @reikuzan @LTniger @TerensM @ViridWeb @AnthonySmith @cobydecock

The pricing of VMmanager 6 is based on our new development standards, product features, and market research. It shows us that most providers host around 15-20 VMs on a node, paying attention to the performance of each VM for their clients. So at the moment, we got different comments on this topic from providers of different levels. Thank you for your feedback, I’ll show it to our product management team.

Well I just finished test your software
    Here's a small review

Pros:
    1. The software and the panel is very user friendly even for noobs
    2. Not has too many features like virtualizor have but enough to providing vps services.
    3. No bug till now (At least I did not see)
    4. VM successfully created within an minute

Cons:
    1. Pricing.. If you have 5 nodes and each of them have 60 vm on it then it will cost you approx €125 euro when other solutions like solusvm or virtualizor cost you between $50-$60

1. On ispsystem website it's clearly said the support available on working hours only. So for weakend or in non working hour you have face serious issue if you can't solve the issue by yourself. But from my experience I got their reply very fast. Within 3 minutes (minimum) to 5 hours (Maximum)

2. Lack of userfriendy Outofthebox WHMCS modules. Yes they have prebuild WHMCS module but it will only allow you to create and provision VM when user order. It doesn't have features like Reboot, reinstall etc directly from WHMCS panel. So provides may have to create their own modules.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2020

beatpavel said: The pricing of VMmanager 6 is based on our new development standards, product features, and market research. It shows us that most providers host around 15-20 VMs on a node, paying attention to the performance of each VM for their clients. So at the moment, we got different comments on this topic from providers of different levels.

I've always found this such a bizarre argument. "Most people use it like X, [so if you also use it like X then you won't pay more]", but ignoring the part where there's a "pays more" case at all. I mean, the real complaint here seems to be that there's per-node pricing of any kind, and you're not really addressing that at all.

You're not going to introduce per-X pricing unless your intention is that people who do a lot of X will pay more. So any arguments like "most people don't do a lot of X" just aren't relevant.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Currently SolusVM looks cheap yea, but solus.io is on the horizon which likely charges close to the same as 0.40$ or even more.

But I still cannot figure why, they charge so much.
    We need a revolution on the market, to drop that price to a decent amount.

They really think they can charge that much, lets see how long.

• BlaZe said: The pricing of VMmanager 6 is based on our ... market research.

Market research guy: So... How many VM's are you guys running on your server?

SummerHost thinking it's a potential client: Not much man. Like 10 I guess. Network is fast my man

Market research guy: Oh. OK OK. Cool... So... What is a VM again?

• @Neoon said:
    Currently SolusVM looks cheap yea, but solus.io is on the horizon which likely charges close to the same as 0.40$ or even more.

They charge so much to make money.

If you have a a big node that can easily run 150-200 VPS you only pay $10 / month for it. It's the same reason why companies like Oracle and VMware change their licensing to per core instead of per socket.

Charging for each VPS is just around the corner, if solus starts doing it then the rest will probably follow.

@marvel said:

@Neoon said:

That's the biggest bullshit I have ever heard.
    They already make money, otherwise it would not be there.

They just wanna to make more money, because they can.

If you have a a big node that can easily run 150-200 VPS you only pay $10 / month for it. It's the same reason why companies like Oracle and VMware change their licensing to per core instead of per socket.

This pricing makes VPS's affortable, if you have licenses costs of 0.10$ or lower.
    If you going to pay 0.30-0.40$ per VPS, that literally destroys all cheap vps here on LET.

Brings it to 4,80$ per Year just to have that shit peace of panel attached to a VPS.

Charging for each VPS is just around the corner, if solus starts doing it then the rest will probably follow.

VMWare already charges a shiton with the per core pricing, which is especially bad for EPYC cpu's, its already happening.

• @Neoon said:

@marvel said:

@Neoon said:

That's the biggest bullshit I have ever heard.
    They already make money, otherwise it would not be there.

They just wanna to make more money, because they can.

This pricing makes VPS's affortable, if you have licenses costs of 0.10$ or lower.
    If you going to pay 0.30-0.40$ per VPS, that literally destroys all cheap vps here on LET.

Brings it to 4,80$ per Year just to have that shit peace of panel attached to a VPS.

VMWare already charges a shiton with the per core pricing, which is especially bad for EPYC cpu's, its already happening.

I do agree with you, I would never pay $0.30 - $0.40 for each VPS. For now I'm using Virtualizor which seems to be ok for $8 - $9 / node each month.

If they start charging per VPS I'll just move to Proxmox or something else.

https://www.networkworld.com/article/3521191/vmware-licensing-increase-draws-ire-but-is-a-logical-move.html

You need to buy multiple licenses for a EPYC, since a license includes 32 threads at max. Lets hope it gets better.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2020

After seeing new Solus pricing Finally I can say that your market research team was right and your pricing is super cheap..

But don't overjoy and if you want to capture the market then reduce the price and I'm sure many existing solusvm users will migrate..