Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Digital Ocean New Restriction
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Digital Ocean New Restriction

Hello,

I see that Digital Ocean has made new restrictions regarding coupon code usages. I think the fantastic event of the 60 USD coupon sharing or something has asked them to implement strict rules.

Now coupons are only redeemed by the accounts that it is sent to originally.
Therefore a coupon sent to me would not work for all else.

Strange and Sad, what do u guys say ?

Thanks

Comments

• their money, their call

• Makes good business sense, Its probably what they intended in the first place.

I'm sure if they wanted to give a $60 coupon to everyone publicly they probably would have announced it hemselves.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Sometimes I feel they've been a bit too generous in the past and it may in fact just be overlooking what happens when a promo code gets out. They have a solid business model and they've had all the necessary press to take on some of the big hosts over the next few years if they play their cards right. It's time to rake in the cash and put it toward continued development.

• emreemre Member, LIR

Balance & Usage
    $74.13 You have credit
    $0.64 View this month's usage and charges

considering I only paid them $5 and will use this droplet for a year, they can do what ever they want :D

• edited November 2013

The credit, can be said it's a "gift" for the choosen :)

And did anyone with new account noticed the maximum droplets allowed to be created? Old user will have 10, but the new user only can run 5 droplets,

• Their business.