Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ispconfig - most secure open source control panel(!?)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ispconfig - most secure open source control panel(!?)

Just read a comment made by Patrick from Rack911 security firm that out of all opensource control panels they audited, ispconfig seems to be the most secure one.

ISPConfig seems to be one of the better open source panels that we just finished auditing. I was actually pretty surprised how well they did security!

source : http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1770316&p=10180856#post10180856

Personally, I have tried almost every free panel and went with DirectAdmin. Probably, isp config seems to be good for personal projects.

What you guys are using?

Comments

• ISPConfig can also be used in productive environment such as ispConfig Owner does himself. Anyway, with Direct Admin and a Slice you probably won't look back either so enjoy :)

Thanked by 2kkrajk ITLabs
  • ISPConfig is good if you have services spread out over multiple VMs or servers. All websites and email managed by one console.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2019

@niceboy said:
    Just read a comment made by Patrick from Rack911 security firm that out of all opensource control panels they audited, ispconfig seems to be the most secure one.

ISPConfig seems to be one of the better open source panels that we just finished auditing. I was actually pretty surprised how well they did security!

source : http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1770316&p=10180856#post10180856

Personally, I have tried almost every free panel and went with DirectAdmin. Probably, isp config seems to be good for personal projects.

What you guys are using?

Edited sorry I confused with ipsystem..
    Anyway.. IPSconfig is almost ok..
    But if you want more handy features and quality like updates and reliability then it's recommended to not use any opensource..

Maybe DA is the best option with their competitive pricing..

• kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited September 2019

ViridWeb said: But if you want more handy features and quality like updates and reliability then it's recommended to not use any opensource..

???
    EDIT - Is this in context to just panels or your view on opensource softwares in general

• @kkrajk said:

ViridWeb said: But if you want more handy features and quality like updates and reliability then it's recommended to not use any opensource..

???
    EDIT - Is this in context to just panels or your view on opensource softwares in general

More like "if you know what you are doing use open source, pay up otherwise", especially in the VPS space.