Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

Cheapest Colocation in the World
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Cheapest Colocation in the World

skyhost_ruskyhost_ru Member, Provider

Hi guys!

I want to find the cheapest Datacenter in the World :).
    May be we can make a TOP-10 list.
    For example I know DC:
    Irkutst, Russia / Tier-II / $100 per rack / $40 per kW
    Moscow, Russia / Tier-III / $150 per rack / $100 per kW

What about real good worldwide price?

SkyHost.ru - KVM (OpenStack) VDS in Russia from 1.15 0.99 Euro (contact sales for special code)

Comments

• Cyberbunker is having a blowout sale today.

|||| $8? 🥔🥔 Markdown on Potatoes.

• @cociu has cheap space

I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
      Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

• skyhost_ruskyhost_ru Member, Provider

Please attache price with the same parameters as I sent.

Thanked by 1receivedthanks

SkyHost.ru - KVM (OpenStack) VDS in Russia from 1.15 0.99 Euro (contact sales for special code)

@Host4Geeks said:
      My Basement.

No, just TierII+ carrier neutral datacenters.

• https://www.datacentermap.com/usa/texas/houston/365nap-communications.html

Give them a call. Ask for Josh. Tell them LET sent ya.

• This won't end well.

If you can't make your point within 5 lines of words, you have an optimization issue.

• uptimeuptime Member
      edited September 28

@shallownorthdakota said:
      https://www.datacentermap.com/usa/texas/houston/365nap-communications.html

Give them a call. Ask for Josh. Tell them LET sent ya.

ah ... just to be clear @skyhost_ru (and anyone else not aware of the Prout scam) that's an (educational) joke

Leave a Comment

You can use Markdown in your post.

• Thanked by 1receivedthanks

Misterhost.NET - Unlimited Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Master Reseller Hosting - Alpha Reseller Hosting
      Since 6 Years in Business and serving over 30.000 Clients.

• dfroedfroe Member, Provider

@ZotiMediaGroup said:

Cyberbunker is having a blowout sale today.

They are finally arested:

Glad you found the irony in that comment. ;)

IT-Service David Froehlich | Individual network and hosting solutions | RIPE LIR services (IPv4, IPv6, ASN)

• FR_MichaelFR_Michael Member, Provider

@dfroe said:

@ZotiMediaGroup said:

Cyberbunker is having a blowout sale today.

They are finally arested:

Glad you found the irony in that comment. ;)

aiming for provider tag :)

• @FR_Michael said:

Irony intensifies ...

Leave a Comment

You can use Markdown in your post.

• @uptime said:

@FR_Michael said:

Irony intensifies ...

Ironing intensifies ...

• jsgjsg Member

@skyhost_ru

Besides the fact that cheap colos are usually cheap for a reason, your desired list would be largely worthless.
      Irkutsk btw. is 50? 70? ms from Moscow which itself is about 50 ms from Central Europe.

You missed the relevant parameters, like for example

• power density per rack - The cheapest power prices are worth little when you get just 3.5 kW of it per rack. Todays servers are typically in the range of 150W (single low power processors, 32 GB or less memory, single SSD) to 600+W with about 300 W being the average for an average server. Even if packing them losely (2 HU) that's 2 16 Amp lines - and keep in mind that that power must also been taken care of once it's converted to heat.
        Use densely packed Blade servers and you are easily crossing the 10 kW line. You won't find many providers offering that.

• carriers and bandwidth - How many carriers, what spread of carriers (local, international, cheap expensive, etc.) and with how much bandwidth are available at a given DC?

• location - How many hops and ms are major regions like Western, Central, Eastern Europe, and US West and East coast as Central USA away? I won't quarrel over 10 ms. difference or even 20 but once the difference reaches 50 ms I'll be concerned.
      • Quality - Some people call a large basement with some 2nd hand cheap racks a colo. I however call that "Tier 0". So, Do they have good 120 cm deep racks available? Real 24/7 hands? Lockers for customer spare parts? Real security? What's the distance to the next significant city, international airport, and rail station?

Well noted I would be very interested in something like serverhunter but for colos or even just a halfway up to date list with at least the major parameters of many colos, but your x $ per kW, y $ per rack game is worthless and not even entertaining.

• MrRadicMrRadic Member, Provider

@skyhost_ru said:
      Hi guys!

I want to find the cheapest Datacenter in the World :).
      May be we can make a TOP-10 list.
      For example I know DC:
      Irkutst, Russia / Tier-II / $100 per rack / $40 per kW
      Moscow, Russia / Tier-III / $150 per rack / $100 per kW

What about real good worldwide price?

Why not just the providers?

Servers UNDER $50 that aren't from 1999: ReliableSite Clearance Specials

@jsg said:
      @skyhost_ru

Besides the fact that cheap colos are usually cheap for a reason, your desired list would be largely worthless.

Yes, sure. But it's just a good Idea I think, to get list of good prices around World.
      May be electricity price in some US states are much lower etc

Irkutsk btw. is 50? 70? ms from Moscow which itself is about 50 ms from Central Europe.

Moscow - Amsterdam 40ms
      Moscow - Irkutsk 60ms
      Amsterdam - Irkutsk 95 ms (may be MPLS or something else)

• power density per rack - The cheapest power prices are worth little when you get just 3.5 kW of it per rack. Todays servers are typically in the range of 150W (single low power processors, 32 GB or less memory, single SSD) to 600+W with about 300 W being the average for an average server. Even if packing them losely (2 HU) that's 2 16 Amp lines - and keep in mind that that power must also been taken care of once it's converted to heat.
        Use densely packed Blade servers and you are easily crossing the 10 kW line. You won't find many providers offering that.

• carriers and bandwidth - How many carriers, what spread of carriers (local, international, cheap expensive, etc.) and with how much bandwidth are available at a given DC?

• location - How many hops and ms are major regions like Western, Central, Eastern Europe, and US West and East coast as Central USA away? I won't quarrel over 10 ms. difference or even 20 but once the difference reaches 50 ms I'll be concerned.
      • Quality - Some people call a large basement with some 2nd hand cheap racks a colo. I however call that "Tier 0". So, Do they have good 120 cm deep racks available? Real 24/7 hands? Lockers for customer spare parts? Real security? What's the distance to the next significant city, international airport, and rail station?

Well noted I would be very interested in something like serverhunter but for colos or even just a halfway up to date list with at least the major parameters of many colos, but your x $ per kW, y $ per rack game is worthless and not even entertaining.

Yes sure, all parameters are important.
      I'm just talking about a few basic parameters.

• $40/kw (Irkutsk) is craazy, it's around 5 cents per kwh, much less than commercial or residential electricity around here. Installing gear in Irkutsk is probably impractical for most of us though.

• jsgjsg Member
      edited September 29

Obviously Europe (-Russia) can not compete with Russia in terms of el. power cost.

But still, many don't know that, prices in Europe are by no means similar. In Germany, for example, the cost of 1 kW is almost 3 times the cost in e.g. Romania which is about double of the cost in Russia.
      Btw, The cost in France is about 35% lower than in Germany. When talking about MW that's a MAJOR difference, especially for data centers where el. power cost is a major cost factor anyway.

• Btw, The cost in France is about 35% lower than in Germany.

which is why some of the largest hosters in Germany moved to France. (eg Plusserver, Host Europe, domainfactory)

• avelineaveline Member, Provider

@skyhost_ru said:

@jsg said:
      @skyhost_ru

Yes, sure. But it's just a good Idea I think, to get list of good prices around World.
      May be electricity price in some US states are much lower etc

Moscow - Amsterdam 40ms
      Moscow - Irkutsk 60ms
      Amsterdam - Irkutsk 95 ms (may be MPLS or something else)

Yes sure, all parameters are important.
      I'm just talking about a few basic parameters.

$150?
      More details, please. We're interested :-)

Misaka.io - Blazing fast Anycast DNS (AS50069) with 50+ POPs across 6 continents. GeoDNS, AXFR, DNSSEC supported.
      ZeptoVM - Reliable high-performance virtual server with BGP support | Ashburn, Reston, St. Petersburg, Khabarovsk, Johannesburg

• €80 in Estonia - Wavecom.

• @teamacc said:
      @cociu has cheap space

Go with him if you do not need tickets to be answered or if you don't need support at all. He is a no reply, don't care type off a guy.

• sweatbar said: He is a no reply, don't care type off a guy.

Have you seen his sister collection? He builds their cages out of discarded server racks. Give him a break, dude's a busy guy.

• cociucociu Member, Provider
      edited September 29

sweatbar said: Go with him if you do not need tickets to be answered or if you don't need support at all. He is a no reply, don't care type off a guy.

i hope you will never buy from us... in any circumstance. Thanks.

• I still have some space left on my DC.

• jsgjsg Member

@cociu said:

sweatbar said: Go with him if you do not need tickets to be answered or if you don't need support at all. He is a no reply, don't care type off a guy.

i hope you will never buy from us... in any circumstance. Thanks.

Why so excited? Based on what I heard it is true that you sometimes don't respond to tickets for days or even weeks.

I think that everybody - incl. yourself - would be better off if you simply brought up your operations to an acceptable level, because I think that you could actually be a good provider.

• In Montreal

0$ per rack, 188 US/250 CAD per KW @ 2N

Tier 3 design, 99% renewable power

Freaking awesome

@MicroSerum said:
      In Montreal

Freaking awesome

Which DC?

• Which DC?

Root data center, now Compass data centers (aquired)

• SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Provider
      edited October 3

@ITLabs said:
      I still have some space left on my DC.

How much for a shelf? :joy:

Are Christmas lights on the shelf extra?

Also, what kind of security do you have? Do you have the latest attack gators?

Tab Fitts | Founder/CEO - Spry Servers
      SSD Shared Hosting || VPS || SSD VPS || Dedicated Servers || Network Status || 1-844-799-HOST (4678)

• ITLabsITLabs Member

@SpryServers_Tab said:
      How much for a shelf? :joy:

Are Christmas lights on the shelf extra?

Also, what kind of security do you have? Do you have the latest attack gators?

Thanks for your interest. We offer colocation services that are reliable and affordable, including the following features:

1. A+B power feed backed by reindeer-powered generators supervised by Santa Claus;

2. 14400 bps minimum ethernet feed (state of the art V.32bis modems);

3. Climate Control with handmade cotton lace folding hand fan;

4. True Layer 2 DDoS mitigation controlled by Matrix Neo action figures;

5. Free spot! Can be yours for $7/m, so hurry up!

6. 24/7/365 Operations Center (the chair was empty because the tech guy had to pee);

7. Exclusive Layer 1 protection powered by CutCable gear;

More than 14 companies have decided to use our colo services. Are you ready to join them?

• MrRadicMrRadic Member, Provider

@MicroSerum said:
      In Montreal

Freaking awesome

CoreSite, QTS, and Equinix will do similar with A+B in most places. With enough commit, ~$200/kw should be what you're aiming for after all negotiation.

Servers UNDER $50 that aren't from 1999: ReliableSite Clearance Specials

• oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Provider

@MicroSerum said:

Can we get a link? Wasn't able to pull anything up via Google or datacenter search....or am I gullible and that was a joke...?

• Don't cheap out if possible, make sure remote hands is free for basic tasks!
      Some charge $15 for a kvm or hotwap others free and some $250+.

As MrRadic said with higher commits you can find some good deals even in NY/NJ

PureVoltage Colocation with 6 Global locations, Seattle, LA, New York, Dallas, Chicago, and Amsterdam

• @oneilonline said:

@MicroSerum said:

Can we get a link? Wasn't able to pull anything up via Google or datacenter search....or am I gullible and that was a joke...?

http://rootdatacenter.com

My company handles all their Per-u deals. We have a few racks at their MTL DC

• @MrRadic said:

@MicroSerum said:
      In Montreal

Freaking awesome

CoreSite, QTS, and Equinix will do similar with A+B in most places. With enough commit, ~$200/kw should be what you're aiming for after all negotiation.

Of course, that's the base price

As you request more KW's you can get the price lower